Auctioning low tt+ items.

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
I think we all suffer from the problem of looting items that have such a low TT+ value that it's often not worth the effort of trying to sell them.
In the end we just TT them.

Pixi armour is very nice to loot when you are a noob, and I remember when I finally looted a full Goblin set....

Back on topic...

Do you think it would be a good idea if MA added a feature to the auction that allowed the seller to pay a sales tax on the + part of the sale, rather than the fixed 1 ped fee?

That way you could try and sell some of the better, but other wise not worth auctioning items, with no risk of losing 1 ped if it did not sell.

If MA set the tax at 20%, any item that sold at TT+5 or over would be better off entered using the 1 ped fee, but items that normally sell for a very small mark up would be worth putting in auction.

If an item only sold at tt+0.9, It would go to someone who wanted/needed it, ma would make 18 pecs (instead of nothing), and I would have got an extra .72 peds. As it stands it just gets TT'd and no one benifits.

Good idea, or not?

not a good idea. the auction would thus be flooded by single items.

you could flood the auction with single animal hides, and not have to pay 30ped (30 being the maximum amount of simultaneous auctions).

while 30 may not seem a lot, thats 2 pages on auction, and thats just from ONE avatar.

Aio said:
not a good idea. the auction would thus be flooded by single items.

you could flood the auction with single animal hides, and not have to pay 30ped (30 being the maximum amount of simultaneous auctions).

while 30 may not seem a lot, thats 2 pages on auction, and thats just from ONE avatar.

Very valid point. ( i should have though of it :dunce: )

Lets add to my suggestion that only non-stackable items can be auctioned in the manner I segested, to prevent a person putting 500 skins in 1 at a time.

Would this address your valid concern Aio?

Not a bad idea mate ;)

So do you mean there would be a tax depending on the +xx from the item? but wouldn't this be bad for bigger +xx items?

And i suppose that would take away the 'interacting' on the streets when buying & selling.

Sorry i'm not for it :) +rep for the effort though

Dom_sufc said:
Not a bad idea mate ;)

So do you mean there would be a tax depending on the +xx from the item? but wouldn't this be bad for bigger +xx items?

And i suppose that would take away the 'interacting' on the streets when buying & selling.

Sorry i'm not for it :) +rep for the effort though

Well, what i think is that not all of Eu's members can be bothered to spend the time it takes to sell the TT+0.2 items on the streets.

I tried once to sel about 20-40 assorted pixie/goblin bits at TT+1, as a job lot. I gave up after about 10 mins. I can not be bothered to spend that long terying to sell stuff for TT + £0.50Uk.

I would put it in auction, if it cost me nothing to put it in, and the fee was on the markup it sold at.

It would be a seller choice. Sell at 1 ped fee, or 20% tax. Then I could try sell it, and if it did not sell in auctionsm, I could TT it....

Only an idea.

MA could make it so that if it does not sell in the 20% tax auction It's auto TT'd..
You only get one chance...

Ideas, only...

Dorsai said:
It would be a seller choice. Sell at 1 ped fee, or 20% tax. Then I could try sell it, and if it did not sell in auctionsm, I could TT it....

Ah right, in that case, great idea! :tongue2:

It would definately benefit MA. Sorry i didn't get it the first time :)

if you have tt food for sale you can always PM me. i buy in bulk for my shop .

i think not being able to put TT items in auc is needed first, and after that not being able to put stackable items on the auction with trade tax would be second, so yes, i agree.

there is some bugs in it though - after an hour and a half hunt of exo's i will get 20-30 pixie harnesses, now, normally at CND i'll TT them, on eudoria id go to PA and at least attempt to sell a few. but auction i couldnt with 1ped / entry.

now with a sales tax, the maximum TT of these is 3ped, so 60pec tax @ 20%. at 50pec value, its just 10pec.

i would still relatively easily be able to flood the auction, only costing me say and average of 30pec/entry, and selling them at 50pec buyout, that would be a profit- and the auction would be flooded.

Aio said:
i think not being able to put TT items in auc is needed first, and after that not being able to put stackable items on the auction with trade tax would be second, so yes, i agree.

there is some bugs in it though - after an hour and a half hunt of exo's i will get 20-30 pixie harnesses, now, normally at CND i'll TT them, on eudoria id go to PA and at least attempt to sell a few. but auction i couldnt with 1ped / entry.

now with a sales tax, the maximum TT of these is 3ped, so 60pec tax @ 20%. at 50pec value, its just 10pec.

i would still relatively easily be able to flood the auction, only costing me say and average of 30pec/entry, and selling them at 50pec buyout, that would be a profit- and the auction would be flooded.

Valid point.

MA could add an extra section to the auction "low value items".

In that section, you get the same listings as the regular auction, but all items are the low tt ones with 20% salex tax, not 1 ped entry fee.
The reqular auction will not get flooded.

To prevent one person flooding the low value section, make it so the max number of days for an auction is 2, and the max items per person is 10 at any one time.

I agree, there are potential problems with my idea, but there are solutions to them too.

perhaps, but i think its probably paramount to concentrate on other bugs - and while they're at it, scrutinous avatars - rather than a minute change in the auction which is only really use for those who cant be bothered to sell low-tt / low tt+ items in cities ;) (not saying that i *can* be bothered :p)

Someone would probably be able to abuse the "cheap" section in the auction...

what would really help is they should take the 1 ped fee from you only if the item actually sells, but then MA would lose lots of money, so prolly not...

Back