Balance issues

zelldot

Guardian
Society
Entropia Market
Felix Zell Shallow
I have a problem with compet's at the moment, I am not sure if it is down to the fact there is not much people on at the moment or I am a late joiner, but I am having problems finding equal match's in the arena, I feel that 2 levels above I might as well just let the person finish my creature quickly because I stand no chance at all, especially the levels where the good skills start to unlock at level 5-6ish. I'm not sure if it because I joined a bit late compaired to everyone else or I'm just unlucky on the coin flip of something, but I also feel that the area likes to throw more levels above than below me at about a 10-1 ratio, 90% of the time. (when there are more players than just 1 repeating).

When battling pets of same level or lower level how do you fare?

I don't want to diminish your problem, but I am curious if you think the balance issue is that you get matched with higher level pets, or if you think that starting late makes your pet weaker vs pets of the same level.

I think that I still feels unevenly match against lower level creatures too, in the fact that~ oh this is going to be an easy match... for once... But like I said I feel I'm a later user and get more people above than below. I know we are not getting many newer fresh users, so that is not a big deal.

I'm mainly on about the gap of how much I can hurt a lower level vs how much a higher level hurts me. I feel the gap could be made a little smaller in each level up for skills and stat's to make it fairer all round. It may round off a bit better at higher levels, but as for lower levels, I really feel the jump in skill a bit too much.

Also while I am here and on topic, I have a suggestion, I would like to see a dial that I can adjust on how many levels above and below the search should be, more risk, more reward.

Yup, that is how I feel also. 2 levels above is just to much to over come. I think battles need to be 1+ and that is it. I don't think I have ever lost a battle against someone 2 levels under me. It has been close at 1 level under me. On same level I can usually win. One level above me I can win but it is a tough fight. Two levels above me I have only won a few times and that is because I was against a few people that I don't think they knew that skills can be upgraded. Otherwise I lose big time.

also i think many people, including me, stopped playing it till it progresses so damn slow now and there will be most likely resets soon again, so why bother wasting lots of time for no effort? as long as the ranking points dilemma is not solved i dont see a point playing it

I waste my time to beta test, as an investor in the game I would like to see it do well, and if no one points out these things, they will not likely to be fixed or tweaked. I have beta tested quite a few games and if I didn't put this skill to use to better a game that would be more of a waste to me, We all know game-play is important to a game more than most aspects to a gamer... I'm currently testing the creatures with with very different stat's too, so far I have found the aggressive type to be weak in combat compared to a defensive type.

I actually had some fun playing, like winning a battle on my last hp or beating a pet above my level.

but by now it's time for the next version with some bugfixes implemented finally! the raid bug is especially pissing me off. and there definitely should be improvements in the Arena sector.

idea for MA: when the player can't find an opponent in their battle pack class, have a popup offer him to change the battle pack to one another player at the same time is searching for. two birds with one stone! right now with so many different battle packs and pet levels it's no wonder one doesn't find a matching opponent...

Back