Battlefield 3!!!

Pianoman178

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Piano Pianoman Man
If you haven't seen much of me around lately, I have an excuse. BF3 came out yesterday and I was involved in both Alpha and Beta testing. I made a "Launch Day" video that highlights two of the maps.

This is 32 vs 32 gameplay. 64 players total in one server!

This game is amazing. If anyone would like to play, my soldier's name is ProsauceMcGee.

Enjoy:

This is an embedded video, but if you can help it, click the title and watch it in HD. It's much better in full-screen as well.

Happy fragging :)

-Piano

Yup i couldnt find the Infiltrator i was looking for so i think ill be missing in EU for a while as well .

I borrowed the game for a nite, plowed through the single player game, then returned the game to the video store. Next paycheck, I'm buying the game.

Spyware Info (source: http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolitik/0,1518,794600,00.html)

Google Translated:

==================
The game maker Electronic Arts (EA) is not a loss for big words: The new "Battlefield 3" will "revolutionize combat simulations" of the genre, stands on the site for the new game. The title should be a bestseller. War-Shooter includes each year's most successful titles, 2010 sold Acitivsions "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" more than 25 million times, and this year wants to EA with its heavily advertised competition "Battlefield 3" part of the pie.

An important information for "Battlefield 3" trumpeted the party but not quite so out loud. At the bottom of an information page about the game you can read, for "Battlefield 3" on the PC you need the "latest version of Origin." And what does it actually add to this program is all about, is at a different location, the license agreement for this program.

EA admits it is a far-reaching rights to monitor the computers of its customers and to exploit this information. The main points of the license agreement:

By installing the Origin software, the User agrees that the application "can automatically check licensing rights for some or all EA products, without separately notify you about it."
Also provide for the conditions that EA may use information about using software "computer hardware, media, software", "use the application" in order "to examine and license rights to update the application."
EA allows and "partners" - who they are will not run - the "gathering, use, store and transmit technical and related information" of the monitored computers. Specifically, this will include: IP addresses, usage data, software, equipment, software usage and existing hardware peripherals. The EA may use information according to terms of use and "marketing purposes".

EA wants to personal data

In plain language this means: Who wants to play "Battlefield 3" on a PC, install a monitoring program. The license agreement for this program is that EA and unspecified partners, information about the use of computers and equipment to collect the customer. EA may also use this data along with unspecified "personal" data for marketing campaigns. Who does not want the EA advises: "Install or use the application please do not."

Lawyers see violations of these provisions in German law. The attorney Thomas Schwenke is a comprehensive analysis for the magazine "Game Star" on the results:

"The TOS and the EULA of Origin as well as the privacy policies of EA included extensive violations of consumer and privacy rights. EA takes over the terms of use out of the right to introduce a comprehensive copy protection that is in effect a spyware equal . "
============================

EA Games has become an evil empire in the gaming world...Like the Microsoft of the gaming world. Any existing game they partnered with or took control of tanked. Anything they developed on their own no matter its success demands you sign away your rights which I am still not sure doesnt include a limb or two and possibly a first born child.

I gave up on EA stuff long ago when I installed a stand alone game that was on line reporting back to them more then I spent on the internet. I am still not sure of their involvement in EU beyond the engine becase many of the more damaging aspects incorporated into EU screams EA modus operendi.

As for the game it looks phenominal. Im just not willing to get involved in another nightmare Eula/Tou agreement.

I guess the rest of us just like playing soldier and blowing shit up and dont have secrets of national importance that could bring down a small nation.

Great game, just wish i could stop getting shot all the time, think EA are leaking my location to the enemy, damn EA.

The reason I have not loged into EU for 3 days :( damnit!

Love it!

Yes EA sux, You have to install origin (and punkbuster) then when you fire up the game it fires up orging first, then goes to a web page to be be launched from there- very clunky. Yes they do try to snag a lot of personal information but nobody has gone to jail for not using a real name or address :)There is also some google code that allows you to 'prepackage' what EA is trying to pull from your computer but still the game looks great and plays well :)

Seriously ? Do you use Google ?> FaceBook?>Play Entropia?> Do you pay your taxes on time? Better throw the Government in there as well.Have you been to Vegas latly >? they track your every move as well not to mention your wife who hired that detective agency:eyecrazy:(yeah your really screwed now! SO WHAT? You will be "dead" soon enough.So atleast someone will remember you even if its only on some data sheet.

The Battlefield games are great, i bought BF3 this weekend and it's a cool game. But i often feels like a newbie when playing BF games,even if i have played them for many years. :silly2:

Back