News: Battling the Spina - Tips & Tricks!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We’ve asked Entropians on the Planet Calypso Forum what their tips and tricks are for handling the invasive species Spina!

At the end of 2023, pieces of a spaceship crashed into Planet Calypso, from which the Spina emerged. The various types of Spina have a threat level from mid to high, and their arrival to the planet offers missions and interesting loot for those who dare to face them! Check various helpful tips from the Entropian community below - You may find something to help you battle the Spina sooner rather than later!

Tips for battling the Spina

Angela Draniie Cloud

“Don't go alone! These dangerous creatures have a new ability to ABSORB damage of certain types! Bring multiple weapons and don't forget your cute furry pets to help you tackle these ferocious creatures! Succeed, and you and your allies can earn new undiscovered treasures beyond your wildest Entropia dreams!”

h4mmer 4nd s1ckle

“For me, best place to hunt them would be near East Scylla Mt, that's where u find the low maturity. Melee weapons give you big lifesteal capabilities, you’d be surprised how well you'll heal yourself with armtrix sb -xx and lifesteal amp. Bring a tagger because spawns are little dense but not large, I’d suggest getting the smallest tagger since they regen quick and using less to tag you'll be losing less.. z12 with range enhancers would be great IMO. Bring a scanner with you so you can scan creature and see what type of protection it has. If you don’t have armor; bring a healer.”

Inherent Marxus Legends

“Here are my Spina Drone recommendations:

The Spina Drones have a resistance against incoming Impact damage, therefore, check your weapon's damage before heading out there. Most Laser guns, like ArMatrix LR/LP for example, are fine, as they usually do a combination of Burn & Penetration damage. Be sure to also check the damage type of the amplifier on your weapon; the crafted MindForce amps for example deal Impact damage, so that makes them useless against the Spina Drones. If you get a yellow number with a shield symbol appearing above the Spina Drone every time you hit it, that's a warning that some amount of the damage your dealing is being blocked by the Spina Drone.

Spina Drones do indeed inflict a combination of Stab, Penetration and Acid damage, however it seems that it does this in 2 seperate attacks; a ranged attack and a close combat attack.

L50 Spina Drones deal a maximum of 111 points of damage. This damage is dealt as follows:

1. Max 44 points of Stab damage (approx. 40% of total)
  2. Max 44 points of Acid damage (approx. 40% of total)
  3. Max 23 points of Penetration damage (approx. 20%)

Both the ranged attack and close combat attacks are the same in terms of max damage, damage types and proportions.

Total coverage is how much of the maximum amount of damage the armor setup is capable of absorbing (deflecting); example, if the total coverage is 80%, as is the case with the Polaris armor setup, then 20% of the incoming damage would get through the armor and hit you in the case of a full hit of 111 points of damage received by the Spina Drone. 20%*111 = 22 points (these values are rounded to nearest integer for simplicity).

Armor - Plate - Stab - Penetration - Acid - TOTAL COVERAGE

• Vain (L) - AP-36 Acid - 50 - 51 - 45 - 100%
  • Rutuba (L) - Serpent Scales Adjusted - 43 - 49 - 44 - 99%
  • Spartacus (L) - AP-42 Acid - 44 - 48 - 42 - 98%
  • Perseus (L) - AP-24 Acid - 43 - 18 - 48 - 94.5%
  • Mayhem (L) - AP-30 Acid - 43.8 - 13.1 - 43.1 - 90%
  • Eon (L) - AP-36 Acid - 28 - 52 - 41 - 83%
  • Polaris (L) - AP-42 Acid - 24 - 52 - 42 - 80%
  • Angel (L) - AP-42 Acid - 30 - 15 - 42 - 78%
  • Cetus (L) - AP-30 Stab - 42 - 24 - 15 - 72%
  • Ozpyn Beetle (L) - AP-30 Acid - 25 - 10 - 45 - 71%

The cheapest option here would be the Polaris armor with the AP Acid plates.

Armor - Plate - Stab - Penetration - Acid - TOTAL COVERAGE

• POTE TWEN - AP-24 Acid - 43 - 25 - 44 - 99%
  • Perfected Gorgon - AP-24 Penetration - 41 - 24 - 36 - 90%
  • Mayhem AP-30 - Acid 43.8 - 13.1 - 43.1 - 90%
  • Mod Shadow - AP-36 Acid - 30 - 30 - 44 - 87%
  • Adjusted Jaguar - AP-42 Acid - 17 - 22 - 48 - 75%
  • Improved Imperium - AP-24 Stab - 43 - 8 - 25 - 68.5%
  • Mod Viceroy - AP-30 Stab - 45 - 0 - 19 - 57%

The above are the best possible configurations for these armors in order to get the maximum amount of coverage for the Spina Drone's max damage. I included Mod Viceroy only because I know a lot of folks have that one and may like to know what the best plate would be to put on it. Unfortunately this is the best that can be done so far as the L50 Spina Drones are concerned. You have 2 options really, you can put an AP-24 Penetration, or an AP-30 Stab plate. The AP-30 Stab plate gives you a little over 5% more coverage over the Drone's max damage.”

►Tips for the Cave instance

Mini MiniM Mine

“The small cave is doable with a 2ppl team as it scales the BM according to number of players. It takes longer time to kill before the nest but it's doable.”

IMAGE ZZ MARSHALL

“Bring medi stims!!! and a big handful of antivenom for learning curve =) RDI EYE/KEY drops from broadmothers and nobles (as stated in the VU notes) Confirmed looted from a 10man broadmother cave run.”

Sulje

“Well, let's say I am giving advice to someone who has no UL gear, but wants to participate, here's how you can do it:

(Assume the team has 10-12 members)

1. Come in numbers! Gather as many friends as possible, more the merrier. More people you bring, bigger the boss, and greater the chance for rare loot (RDI Eye)
  2. Gear up! Bring your strongest armor (Perseus + 5B's are fine), BC-80 TIER 2 limited should be ok.
  3. While going trough the instance, make sure to tag the creatures from the safe distance, it will give you leverage and less headache when the group of creatures respawn.
  4. In the boss room, make sure to organize properly, and focus on destroying eggs and larvas first, ideally you want them all destroyed, then you can die, regroup and kill one by one respawn
  5. Spina Soldier Stalker has a shared damage type, so make sure to group up when battling it !
  6. Have fun :)

►Tips for the Mothership/Queen instance

IMAGE ZZ MARSHALL

“The regicide coat comes from completing the "god save the queen" quest. The RDI EYE/Key is used for entrance to the queens instance (only one is required for the 6man team, the leader of the team is the only one who requires a key, not the entire team, just like RDI-C1 keys)”

Pavol Svako Giertl

"Yesterday I finally managed to run the instance and become 30th avatar to own the coat, all thanks to the "Regicide coat service" offered by Hardcore (Regicide coat service), big respect guys :)

Run was pretty smooth and took around 30 minutes (cause we didn't get wiped at all), but now I fully understand what they meant by "the carried person will have to carry his own weight" :)

It was intense and truly not a content for "FFF people", you need to bring the best gear you can, really play and do your part in the boss fight correctly.

I won't go into more details, they will explain everything needed before the run and they will make sure you are bringing correct gear not to waste your key.

Here is the gear I used, hopefully it will help people to prepare for it:

• Gun: Armatrix LR-105 (L) Tier 8
  • Armor: 7x perseus with ap-30 acid plates for first part and then 5x hazen with twen 5b plates + 2x perseus with ap-30 plates (WTB hazen helm and arms lol) for the boss fight
  • Rings: hallo22 + aug ares combo
  • Healing: adj resto + mod 2600 + medistims in some parts of boss fight
  • Pills: 15mg hyper, accu, deva, nutri

This combined with 303 base HP and tezla pet resulted in following stats: 343 HP, 9% crit chance, 94% crit dmg, 30% reload

Good luck to the next coat owners :)

Thank you to everyone who participated, came with helpful information, and made it possible to create this article!

Did you find something useful? Let us know on our official social media platforms! If you haven’t already, don’t miss out on following us to keep yourself updated with engaging, helpful, or fun posts! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and, most recently, TikTok.

Originally Posted Here

Solid tips, can't wait to try it :)

Awesome :)

There was a couple things I was going to add to this:

1. At the Spina Crash site, near East Scylla Mountains, you can fly and land inside the scar in the ground left by the crashed ship. From there, walk towards the crashed ship. Spina Soldiers will spawn. Kill enough of them and a 2nd wave will spawn as well as a Broodmother.

2. Kill the 2nd wave of Soldiers first to disable the Broodmother's Shields.

3. You have a limited amount of time to kill the Broodmother, but if you don't manage to kill it, you will get loot once the timer expires so it's not all lost!

Best of Luck,

Legends

This makes up for me not winning that coffee cup in the summer event. Sort of

Where is the queen instance located?

You know you did a bad job creating the new content when you have to make commercials on the instant and how to complete it.

Perhaps next time make it easier ingame to understand about the instance and what to expect. Perhaps then ppl will try it.

Im not hating, im just saying if you want ppl to try your content, explain it to your players ingame and not in a forum tread.

Sticking up for MA - not something I do often...
For content like this I think it is right that there is info about it on a forum, as in-game just wouldn't do justice to it. MA probably wouldn't go as far as to provide tactical tips of their own, as it would go against the overall nature of what info they provide, so this has been a great way of involving the players in that.
Because it is also content for mid-level and upwards, I can also understand there being no beginner version that players can learn on.

As I've not actually tried it, I can't say what I would do differently about the content itself, but the approach from MA on the info side is worthy of praise in my opinion.

You know you did a bad job creating the new content when you have to make commercials on the instant and how to complete it.

Perhaps next time make it easier ingame to understand about the instance and what to expect. Perhaps then ppl will try it.

Im not hating, im just saying if you want ppl to try your content, explain it to your players ingame and not in a forum tread.
A good example to argue this point is the innoculation pills on caly - i've totally forgotten how to craft those and can't be arsed to figure it out.

A good example to argue this point is the innoculation pills on caly - i've totally forgotten how to craft those and can't be arsed to figure it out.
Theres a npc at lahar that can craft them for you(also acts as a reminder)

I liked the above (Aloisius), but it leads to further relevant points I think.
Do you buy those pills or not use them at all? Is it the effort of making them that you can't be arsed about because you do other stuff or because of their uselessness (to you)? Edit: thanks Gopher. It jogs my memory that innoc is used at the swamp to avoid steady area dam, yes? I had completely forgotten too, but it is part of a specific activity to get ... whatever it is that swamp is useful for.

Don't want to go too off topic, so does the Spina bring other stuff back into useful territory, be it specific armour/plates, weaps, pills etc. and does it play a role in a circular economy by providing useful loot?
Is it fun, and is it a bot- and macro-free environment, are two further questions looking forward, I think.

Spina ar nice, like food with spice

Also, yes. You should be adding information to the game. Maybe by way of tablets in loot or NPCs that help provide info on how to do things. Make the game immersive.

Having to come to the forum, a website or wiki is weak.

Everything found in wiki should have its place in game.

Last edited:
Also, yes. You should be adding information to the game. Maybe by way of tablets in loot or NPCs that help provide info on how to do things. Make the game immersive.

Maybe the players should do their part to provide that info in game. I have worked really hard and spent PED to create signs in my shops that go over mob damage types and recommended armor setups. I think others could/should do this sort of thing too. Shops are not just for selling, they constitute an opportunity to inform, educate, they can be a real resource for customers.

Maybe the players should do their part to provide that info in game. I have worked really hard and spent PED to create signs in my shops that go over mob damage types and recommended armor setups. I think others could/should do this sort of thing too. Shops are not just for selling, they constitute an opportunity to inform, educate, they can be a real resource for customers.

I love what you've done with your shop signs but it's not really feasible or cost effective for everyone to own a shop/apt just to share information.

Heck, you can't even send in game Mail to "Society" without individually adding each person.

Scanning should provide you all relevant information about the thing scanned.
Codex should save all that info so you can find it in game for the past things you've scanned.
Codex should also track your loot find, distribution and returns (specific and overall).
Codex should have mining information with locations of finds, depths, sizes, etc.
Codex should have crafted information for items you craft and the statistics updated in codex after each "run".

The Message Centre should report your purchases and sales on auction to Codex to track your economic activity, show your last 10 sales and your AVG Markup bought / sold.
Codex should have an export function to CSV.

Notes should have an undo/redo function. They should be able to be linked to in game Mail or Chat.
Notes should have a confirmation when you click X to close.

Just a few things...

There should be an entire team dedicated to "Information & Analytics" at MindArk that's sole purpose is to develop and maintain these systems.

That nobody picked up the budget question... well I'm not surprised.

I liked the above (Aloisius), but it leads to further relevant points I think.
Do you buy those pills or not use them at all? Is it the effort of making them that you can't be arsed about because you do other stuff or because of their uselessness (to you)? Edit: thanks Gopher. It jogs my memory that innoc is used at the swamp to avoid steady area dam, yes? I had completely forgotten too, but it is part of a specific activity to get ... whatever it is that swamp is useful for.

Don't want to go too off topic, so does the Spina bring other stuff back into useful territory, be it specific armour/plates, weaps, pills etc. and does it play a role in a circular economy by providing useful loot?
Is it fun, and is it a bot- and macro-free environment, are two further questions looking forward, I think.
I forgot how to get them and a mission to get some showed up in the Medusa daily ( i like dailies but JUST for the daily tokens) so I skip that one and don't go in the swamps? I'm probably missing something but meh! And yeah I'm gonna have to be missing out on the spina stuff too because I'm not an uber!
My main point is it's got to be easier and IN GAME to get information.

What Legends says is key. "Maybe the players should do their part to provide that info in game. I have worked really hard and spent PED to create signs in my shops that go over mob damage types and recommended armor setups. I think others could/should do this sort of thing too. Shops are not just for selling, they constitute an opportunity to inform, educate, they can be a real resource for customers."

But I don't think it should be all on the players to make this information available.

The Great Adventurer nails it:

My main point is it's got to be easier and IN GAME to get information.
I'm on the same page, or have been. There's a lot of needle-in-a-haystack stuff in EU, where we don't even know the haystack to search, nor for what. As someone once said as part of a longish bit about knowledge, there are unknown unknowns - EU seems to be full of them. Or rather, we may read something once, not try it seriously, and then forget it even exists. So much content would see more footfall if people knew.

However, one of my gripes about many activities is that if more than just one or two people do them, then the drops (or the market) plummet(s) per player. I've written that more about planets other than Caly, but it's trueish there too I think.

Thus, good content sort of has to stay a secret, whether it's finding a bp that drops from only one craft, or place, or... other things.

Thus, tricky, as some of the gems are not only items but 'behaviours' maybe. Should they be written down too?

I like the tablets, or better avatar 'books' of knowledge to fill or buy.
Still, this spina cooperation could be seen as an interesting start on this... :)

Last edited:
Codex should save all that info so you can find it in game for the past things you've scanned.
Codex should also track your loot find, distribution and returns (specific and overall).
Codex should have mining information with locations of finds, depths, sizes, etc.
Codex should have crafted information for items you craft and the statistics updated in codex after each "run".

Big yes to this. The codex could be so much more engaging, like an in game pokedex. I know I'd spend an age enjoying filling that to completion.

Anyone confirm damage types on spina soldiers?
Short testing, 6As did NOT decay...Also acid plates did NOT decay
No section for them in creatures area of pcf either

Last edited:
Anyone confirm damage types on spina soldiers?
Short testing, 6As did NOT decay...Also acid plates did NOT decay
No section for them in creatures area of pcf either
cut/imp/stab works best... percentages... idk

cut/imp/stab works best... percentages... idk
I agree - my guess is that they hit close to the distribution in the Spina armor
So s/c/i - 45%/10%/45%

Anyone have an alpha/base damage for the Spina soldier nobles? My guess is ~360

Back