Price Check BC-80 augmented

@ Rick: your posts has some solid economic basis but the result that you derive is wrong (apologize)
1. top gamer NEVER pretended to achieve TT profit (at least in the conversations i had with them)
2. MA in official data excluded tt profit (remember DPP exploit in loot 1.0 that resulted in TTin > RNG = TTout in 2.0)
3. the INTRINSIC value and the market value are not correlaed (Mate a pencil draw of Leonardo Da Vinci is 1 USD paper sheet and 1 cent ink as intrinsic, sell for 60m)
4, just because YOU do not appreciate the value does not mean it is not perceived by someone else
5. The element that you point to is called "greater fool theory" and is about 100 year old econjomic basis for "growth stocks" or startups
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/greaterfooltheory.asp
6. Just like the ability to paint of Leonardo (no its not a ninja turtle, it is an itlian artist) made its 1.01 usd paper sheet worth 3m usd, a tool in the correct hands can make the difference

i save just one point of your post:
JUST BECAUSE someone value an item 300k does not imply that following buyers must pauy it 300.001 + (there is a thread of most expensive EU items in the PCF, it will show that an Egg can cost more.

we have rather understood that you prefer to spend your money with family and children (that is a wonderful use of resources) but....
a. there is people that gain much more than me in RL, if Elon Musk comes to Entropia and wants "messiblade" i am pretty sure that he can buy it for the correct price.. (i am pretty sure that he buys MA and get a fresh one if he does not sell)
b. see point 4 above

i made a post with intrinsic value of an item... a LP120 cost 1 rare and 120k token, cost to pull is (if self-grinded and compared to trashed pills) is today 55k PED.... less than one modmerc.... and is a 3.68 DPP item... grind it your self, just needs dedication and one longshot for rare... same for SB90, cost to pull is 40k if self grinded. this is the same INTRINSIC value of teh Leonardo paint.... would yuou sell a LP120 that uyou pulled for 55k ? (if yes i will payu it 60 so you are superhappy) ... someone will pay 150k for it instantly.... this is MARKET... made of expectations.

and YES, higher rank player profit selling loot, so they will sell mayhem pulled vendors, will sell boxes and will sell oils and paint cans... or do you think that Eve (nothing personal) does not drop muscle oil if he shots kerbneros? or messi (again noitngpersonal) does not drop eye oil from argonauts ? we all sell loot, some one risk on bigger monster and sell bigger quantities or craft them... the ABILITY of extracting MU makes the weapon valuable
Eve post (personal) said "in the correct hands these are ped printers" it does not mean passively shoot a kerberos and get 101% return.. means kill a chimera and drop a sinew, killa boar and getan incision palte.... EXTRACT MU)

sorry Rick, nothing personal, but reiterating statement that "IT cost too much" needs better arguments... if it cost too much avoid it (like i do) and get a semi-perfect item that is just a bit less "perfect" adn cost 80% less.

Start to ask yourself WHY a 2.85 DPP 55 eff item sells for 50k? that is the corerct question.. 300k tools are for another league, not mine atm, i dont care price of them

i am not the lawyer of any gamers but if yuou red the forum there is a Top , well THE top gamer that stated those numbers.. he deposited 20k eur, and posted a screen of his storage with 100k eur TT inside. due to the fact that is not my business what people deposit or withdraw and i have no point to think that people lie to them selves and others, i suppose that at least 1 with correct tool can profit in game.

i can just speak for myself in returns and can post the log. at Mark to market of all i deposited and my storage i am ped card down 3k and got 19800 ped TT skills.. that is 20k usd with skill MU... if i had a BP20 and save 20% of bullet cost compared to ewe41 military ady most probably i would havge paid the 20k of the weapon once or twice. so a better equip make a better result.

would i put in game 500k USD ? if i had the sum ready and the perception that company is run a more professional way and not like a "basement indie" i would without thinking twice, maybe not for a single tool.
at the moment MA is not reliable enough : customer care is poor, developer itemization is like they never asked to players (they made a new claw that is not fitting an amp for 1 point, seems done to create a mess, the short blade in mayhem vendor has a bad stats (but fits trauma 8) , the adjusted BP110 rare token amount (changed price tag) when there were still items in vendor, sabotage of cyrene armor 2020, removal of quest items for ithaca from drop tables , communication managers are in permanent vacation.
(i had an incredible good experience with support, asked a question and was answered in 5 minutes, and with all commetns that i read i was impressed, maybe ppl overreact)

(just realized it is a wall of text, apologize, i started to write and.....)

Last edited:
What are the chances I could find another village idiot willing to buy it from me? A
well, Rick, there's one thing the recent past 2 years have taught us, the world is filled with village idiots!

So don't worry about that part.

the world is filled with village idiots!
If you buy a beautiful painting by a famous artist for 1 mil $ and sell it 3 years later for 10$ profit, that painting did nothing (financially) for you. You're left with extra 10$.
If you buy a lvl 80+ 2.0 gun in this game and sell it for 100 PED loss in 3 years, will you be sad for the 10$ or be happy that you, in 3 years, managed to pull at least 2 other weapons from the vendor with the purchase you did?

There will always be a big gap in perception between those who look at weapons in this game like they are paintings to hang on a wall and wait to observe its value and those who look at weapons as tools to extract value, generate markup, access much bigger and better opportunities. So for some of us it doesn't make sense to concern ourselves with the value of our weapon in 5 years when we upgrade, if we can get the value of our weapon in less than a year. But for someone that has little time to put in, maybe paintings are a better option to invest in.

And yeah, the gap is so big between the two extremes that they often call each other idiots because they can't understand each other. Maybe it's better to hang out with people that have common views rather than force your opinion on the other side?

Between active hunters (so excluding resellers & art investors), I'd say Rocket's estimation of ~200k is probably there.

Last edited:
30k or 500k depending on who you ask

Prob the best comment so far.

Ive seen some individuals @ here if they are selling Items -> worth thousands.

When you/me or someone else selling the same items -> ah, its shit value !

I`ve heard of a tier 8 that was sold for @ 330k ped (Not a confirmed deal, but that was the last price ive seen one for sale)
(So more or less a tier 0 BC80 would be prob @180-200k value) depending by TIER on the point of sale.

Also i know people who sold Tier 9 Mod LP for 350k so that gives you a clue about prices.

Enjoy

If you buy a beautiful painting by a famous artist for 1 mil $ and sell it 3 years later for 10$ profit, that painting did nothing (financially) for you. You're left with extra 10$.
If you buy a lvl 80+ 2.0 gun in this game and sell it for 100 PED loss in 3 years, will you be sad for the 10$ or be happy that you, in 3 years, managed to pull at least 2 other weapons from the vendor with the purchase you did?

There will always be a big gap in perception between those who look at weapons in this game like they are paintings to hang on a wall and wait to observe its value and those who look at weapons as tools to extract value, generate markup, access much bigger and better opportunities. So for some of us it doesn't make sense to concern ourselves with the value of our weapon in 5 years when we upgrade, if we can get the value of our weapon in less than a year. But for someone that has little time to put in, maybe paintings are a better option to invest in.

And yeah, the gap is so big between the two extremes that they often call each other idiots because they can't understand each other. Maybe it's better to hang out with people that have common views rather than force your opinion on the other side?

Between active hunters (so excluding resellers & art investors), I'd say Rocket's estimation of ~200k is probably there.
it wasn't about buying stuff.
I was just reffering to the collective madness of the world in the past 2 (corona) years.

it wasn't about buying stuff.
I was just reffering to the collective madness of the world in the past 2 (corona) years.
The pandemic definitely had a major impact but it was not the only reason. It was the crypto boom before (where people with cash came in the game and had nothing to buy with so they payed whatever it took to convince an owner); it was also a decrease in token trader of items available; it was also the increased drop of MTokens; it was also the UE5 announcement and a potential TWEN closing in and also resellers paying current market value and then asking well above it.
All of these contributed. But bottom line the gap between perspectives will always be there and it's so big that Rick will forever stay in shock, never understanding the actual use of these, nor why they are so valuable for some people and instead of trying to see why people find these so valuable, it's easier for him to go with the easiest explanation - idiots.

The price is just a point where demand meets supply....

The pandemic definitely had a major impact but it was not the only reason. It was the crypto boom before (where people with cash came in the game and had nothing to buy with so they payed whatever it took to convince an owner); it was also a decrease in token trader of items available; it was also the increased drop of MTokens; it was also the UE5 announcement and a potential TWEN closing in and also resellers paying current market value and then asking well above it.
All of these contributed. But bottom line the gap between perspectives will always be there and it's so big that Rick will forever stay in shock, never understanding the actual use of these, nor why they are so valuable for some people and instead of trying to see why people find these so valuable, it's easier for him to go with the easiest explanation - idiots.

The price is just a point where demand meets supply....
again, you failed to understand my point.

But, never mind.

;)

Whats the current market value of this weapon. Possible looking for one soon when I hit lol 80 in dmg blp.

EU items are sort of like comic books. You can have a range of values like in a comic price guide but in reality its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it in the long run. Rare comics, like rare items in EU, tend to command a higher price because the demand outweighs the supply.

It's really about perceived value. I have a threshold on what I will spend in game and how much time I can devote to playing EU. A BC-80 Augmented would be nice but I can't justify the cost based on my style of play at this time. There are alternatives and other milestones that are well within my budget for EU.

A motivated buyer for such an item might pay a higher premium while a motivated seller might take less. If there were something of a price guide in EU it would range between ~150-300K PEDS depending on tier. Down the road a bit that could change. While MA is slow to implement new items they do so as people reach skill milestones and need a new carrot on a stick.

on high end of setups we see already above 4.10 DPP
and in the low end there are items that are 2.94 (MANY items)
that means that some gamers can kill with same ped card 4.1 / 2.94 = 1.4x mosnters with same ped card
this is a difference that is not fully understood
i put this in term of 1000 ambulimax (1010 hp):
1.000.000 HP cost to a rookie = 3546 ped
the same amount cost to the top of food chain 2439 ped
and DPP lead to more items than shraps
now go outside calypso and guess who will drop sinew and incision (and all the rest)

Back