Question: Best old-school UL non-sib weapon at level 20-25

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
DISCLAIMER: OK, before everyone starts with OMG SO UNECO, OLD SCHOOL NON-SIB SUX, NEED LEVEL 100, ETC ETC., look I KNOW. But I don't care for this question, so please refrain from posting any of these types of comments here.

Sorry, I had to get that out of the way before this thread goes to shit before it even starts. Anywho, I have a question. If you were level 25 and you had say.. 500-1500 to spend on a UL non-sib ranged weapon, what would you buy and why? Ideally a blp rifle/pistol that fits well with a beast amp.

I'm thinking one of the new gravis series guns from ARK but not sure what else would be a good option out there. Curious to hear your answers!

Gravis are plentiful and cheap. Might as well go there.

What about a Maddox IV?

ya that was a classic combo back in the days.. good skill gains probably with the high reload speed. Karma killer comes to mind too for the laser counterpart

imk2 :laugh: (yes i know its to expensive)

Well, if your eco gonna suck maybe range could be advantage. So I vote for Marber family.

Well, if your eco gonna suck maybe range could be advantage. So I vote for Marber family.

I can't imagine hunting with a marber bravo or foxtrot to be too effective due to slow reload though?

I am heavily biased on Starkov's, the AS-147 I used for several years (once from about 20-60 prof pre vu10, and again from about 5 prof to 45 prof this time around). The assassin r150 you sold me is the only other gun I could justify due to the similar range/rate of fire stats that work well for my hunting style.

The global average for both guns is nearly the same, 3 global per 600 ped hunt. And both have so far nearly the same rate of return....the as-147 was slightly faster I think on skills tbh due to higher decay and non-eco, and less overall return. Skill ped values factor in loot as well to a degree. Many complain about lower loot without realizing the skill value for the time is higher....equalized.

I hoffed far far more on the UL non SIB starkov vs this assassin though I will say that much. SIB seems more stable over time, but the old school as-147 was more variable. but tbh it seems to be a negligible overall difference in the end.

My reasons are the same for the Assassin, BLP has a higher rate of fire, more skills per hour, and hit protection, and nearly perfect UL amp match.

BLP is a higher decay profession thus it boosts skills and returns slightly. (laser the rifles are low gun decay high ammo cost, blp is high decay low ammo) Ammo does not get factored the same as weapon decay for modifiers.

The rate of fire is prime on it also, having good efficiency with many faps in the 25 heal a min+ range, due to the ability to take a hit, heal, and shoot again within most mobs normal attack rate..without waiting on reload.

Cant say enough about that particular one...since you asked. )
I would also probably add in that I would look for a T5 + one....those tiers make a big diff.

I personally love adjusted hero it has pretty nice range.
As for BLP, Maddox IV is fun to use 71 attacks/min and with beast it has about 50 dps.

I personally love adjusted hero it has pretty nice range.
As for BLP, Maddox IV is fun to use 71 attacks/min and with beast it has about 50 dps.

what is the price for an adjusted hero nowadays?

edit: just looked up dps and even when calculating at lvl 25, it does mid 20 DPS. Not sure if that's something that is of interest now :S

If you want a pistol then nothing beats a maddox IV (gbp-34 is same gun) unless you're stepping up the peds a bit. I use mine a lot, works well amped or unamped, and the speed gives you good dam/sec with low overkill. If you want to tier it then it's cheaper to buy a higher tier gun and sell you low tier gun, don't waste peds actually tiering it.

For rifle you have gbr-34, gbr-34 mkII (as-147 ME) or as-147. All will do you well, you'll like the range on the as-147 but it can't take an adj cause so dam/sec is a bit lower than the other guns. gbr-34 is cheapest of the bunch but still does the job, but as eco isn't really much of a factor for you then the gbr-34 mkII or as-147 ME could be the best choice if you can find one at a sensible price.

what is the price for an adjusted hero nowadays?

edit: just looked up dps and even when calculating at lvl 25, it does mid 20 DPS. Not sure if that's something that is of interest now :S

No idea m8, my guess is between 1000 - 1800 ped. Haven't seen one for sale for a long time though :)

Well... I used and liked the following:

EP41
FreanD Delta
Maddox IV T4
Karma Killer
MKIV

They should all be in the bottom of your price-range. There is really a ton of weapons out there right now to chose from. Order by DPS on entropedia and start looking :p

assuming all guns are at tier 3 with dmg enhancers:

gravis because they are a lot cheaper than their official counterparts. the drawback is high decay, but we have portable repair terminals nowadays, so no big deal.

first choice:

gravis gbp-35 /beast sga 64.3 dps at 2.975 eco (at level 100 ofc, but you know)

seems like maddox IV but with better eco!

second choice:
gravis glp-36/a106 64 dps 2.896

this is the clone of the old omegaton m2930 mentor edition, second because you can also add an L amp to it for more dps. For example add boom aac for (L) 71 dps at 2.816 eco

third choice:
gravis gbr-34 mk-2/adjusted fi/ra/co cause 64.1 dps 2.890 eco

this is the clone of the starkhov as-147 mentor edition

hopefully you can get the combo for 1500 ped.

honorable fourth:

gravis glr-33/a106 57 dps at 2.935 eco

this is the justifier mk-v clone. Not as powerful as the others.. but 84.7 range helps to get that extra shot in.

Really depends on what you want.. If you want to just have some fun above your level, I guess Maddox IV + Beast can get you set up for 1k ped, or try some of the gravis routes.

If you don't want to bankrupt within days and still want UNL weapon , look for Adjusted M2722 laser pistol, I have t4 as a finisher and love it :)

i have atm 1 karma killer t6.1 if u still need

i used maddox4 tier5+longreach4+2bullseye8+500 weapon skill enchancers since i was just lvl 50 on blp ...is nice weapon ....bought ozpynbps1x4 t6 and sold maddox with 1.4k ped...
now if u want laser i have 1 karma killer t6 " with skill enchancers in all 6 slots u will get rainy skills"

i used maddox4 tier5+longreach4+2bullseye8+500 weapon skill enchancers since i was just lvl 50 on blp ...is nice weapon ....bought ozpynbps1x4 t6 and sold maddox with 1.4k ped...
now if u want laser i have 1 karma killer t6 " with skill enchancers in all 6 slots u will get rainy skills"

what price do you have in mind for a t6 KK?

I think that the most economical weapon would be weapon the with a maximum number of shots per minute and minimal decay.

I would have chosen Ravenger Mini-Sweeper V1 Adjusted, despite the fact that he can not use Dante or another amp.

I think that the most economical weapon would be weapon the with a maximum number of shots per minute and minimal decay.

I would have chosen Ravenger Mini-Sweeper V1 Adjusted, despite the fact that he can not use Dante or another amp.

I will buy one from you for 1500 ped.
500-1500 to spend

I fall back on my EP41 - Military SGA when I can't find affordable L guns.

When I am out there with it I always get tons of people pm'ing me about why do I use such a piece of uneco shit, my response "I use it because other piece of shits don't sell their L guns for cheaper prices and my uneco gun out eco's those crappy 180%+ markups in the long run".

High markup L guns are not any more eco then old school UL guns... You can defend the entropiawiki.com numbers all day but when you pay to much they are not any more eco...

But if I do find a comparable eco gun like the BSF Kamoos (L) I do buy them instead of running my EP41 but always nice to have that EP41 when you can't find a cheap alternative.

Back