Leonie

Dominant
Society
SaS
Leonie Kutaho Petersen
Hello

Can anyone tell me with scanner is good for skilling ? :rolleyes:

Lifescanner V
3,6 PEC per click but seems that skillgain is much more others... (an you got too a 60m range!)

pe-wiki: http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Scanner&id=10

That's like the worst scanner for skilling actually...
The best one is obviously the InvestaFoe ES500: http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Scanner&id=5

0.82 PEC per scan, 80m range.
TT value is 70 ped, so you can scan ~8500 times before it breaks down.
I wish i had this scanner when we could still scan auctioneer...

The best one is obviously the InvestaFoe ES500: http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Scanner&id=5

it's the best scanner nowdays!
And the much-more-cost make you gain much more skills!

hm.....so atm Im confused.... :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

Skill gain does depend on tt per click but the relation porportional? I dunno.

hm.....so atm Im confused.... :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

lol, it depend on what is your budget!
If seems that more decay (more PEC/click) give you more skillgain and in my responce I did give you the best one crafted (that you can find on auction...)

But if you are noob at skilling you my try the TT one for a bit ;)

Just use the TT scanner , works for me , but then again I do not tend to find amusement in scanning and blowing peds being certain I get no loot;)

The answer is...

none! Go shoot a mob instead of irradiating it to death! :D

Seriously, though, you're not going to get an agreement on this because the question of whether you get skills by the click or by the amount of decay has never been completely resolved, and differen scanners favor one vs the other.

Just head to a busy are, turn on auto pilot and let the skills fly. :)

Not that i would ever do or condone this behavior, it's against the EULA!! :D

Scanner

I compared tt scanner skill gains with es400. Skill gain is about same.
So conclusion: scan skill gains still undependant from decay.
But i think MA will "fix" it soon ;)

dont give them any ideas. i use the tt scanner, it suits me fine. i don't like having to get so darn close, but i love 1 pec decay.

Well decay is also about the same, 15% difference in decay on 1 pec per scan is not very significant.
Now compare the TT ES100 with the Lifescanner IV (decay 3.25 pec/click) and see if you notice a difference in skill gain with 1000 clicks on both.

If you are totally unskilled in scanning, use TT scanner is cheapest with lowest decay. the skill gain at the beginning is very good. If you used it of 3-4 times (repaired it) you will notice that with raising skills your average skill gain goes down. Thats the point to change to a crafted scanner. I won´t change to Lifescanner-V at that moment, first try the Lifescanner-III. Same procedure 3-4 times repaired, then change to Livescanner-V.
The range is very importent especially on scanning robots. Scanning without beeing attacked is very good for skilling. On Robots thats impossible with TT short ranged scanner but possible with Lifescanner-V.
;-)

What's the use of skilling by scanning? Hmm, typical question to ask our friend search:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12578

It is pretty old, but I guess the info in there is still relevant?

There is another thing you may profit from scanning I can´t find in that link.

As I used of my first 2 TT scanners I gained 2 HP.
A skilled hunter told me that you can increase HP with scanning, and yes its true that works.

There is another thing you may profit from scanning I can´t find in that link.

A skilled hunter told me that you can increase HP with scanning, and yes its true that works.

Most of the scanning skills are not thought to give HP so i'm guessing you were getting attacked while scanning. The general skills you get from that will indeed give you HP but you could accomplish the same by sweating or hunting.

I did a test with a tt scanner a couple months ago, burning up an entire one on an exa young. I got no HP. I did gain skill in boredom, though.

Ah, that's cool! I want that too ;)

This is not (yet) mentioned in this thread:
Which skills gives the most health... And how much?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44863

Anyone chipping scan skills in or out please read through the post linked here and update with your finds!

Does it matter whether you scan animals, humans, robots or mutants? Which skill would give you the HP? Intelligence maybe? Maybe it is best to scan all types, because skill increase goes quicker for lower levels?

Hmm, you give an answer, more questions come up ;)

Not so sure - perception changes scanning pro standing (can't remember getting a perc gain whilst scanning though) and we know that gives you hp.

For me the TT one must be the one to go with for a n00b non-bot investigator. Althoug I'd much rather wear my clicking finger out sweating.

I did a test with a tt scanner a couple months ago, burning up an entire one on an exa young. I got no HP. I did gain skill in boredom, though.

Try it with sacnning humans, you will see it works.
I did it this way close to the TP at Fort Troy, and no I never get attacked in that time. The HP I gained came only from scanning, nothing else.

hehe ...for what reason realy...if its perc or ana your after its basicly just a waste of time and money:) all the other skills are useless arent they?

hehe ...for what reason realy...if its perc or ana your after its basicly just a waste of time and money:) all the other skills are useless arent they?

The accuracy of the actual scan is affected by your skills, however, it's much like Medical skills, it doesn't take many to max out the accuracy.

stats

Some stats about es100 and es 400 comparision
SkillName StartSkilllevel SkillGainsEs400 SkillGainsEs100
Analisys 2027 22 27
Biology 1997 29 23
Botany 29 20
Computer 6 7
Zoology 14 15
Probing 1523 11 20
Scan animal 3457 76 73
Intelligence 52 4 5
Click count 1440 1440
Decay 12.24 14.40
Time(estim) 60min 72min
So one hour of skilling on animals is not so long but very hard :)
Conclusions:
1. Lesser decay of ES400
2. Lesser time of ES400
3. Low price of of ES100

Well ofcourse, now they are gonna fix it in next mini update since it became a topic on EF and also expect the prices of life scanners to go up XD

And i have noticed that crafted scanners give more skill when i compaired them to the TT scanner, just my experience. May really have something to do with the pec/click who knows :p

For total skills and intelligence.

doesn't scanning makes it able to unlock scientist too, which benifits taming pets :confused:

The best scanners are th investafoe enemyscanner series.
The higher the number in the series the less the decay, the more the max tt value and the higher of max range.
The best scanner in all of EU is the investafoe es500
This one will let you scan bots and mutants from a safe distance.
The es400 is the second best and will still get you some decent range for scanning bots and mutants but your brought much closer, and more likely to be in agro range.

The investafoe es500 and es400 will cost you quite a lot though. be prepared to spend several thousand peds to buy one on the rare chance you see one on auction. If you are really serious about becomming a scanner as a career and getting the high skills you would want the es400/500, as it will save you money in the long run as thy have the most efficient decay rate(you can sell it for wht you paid for it when you get done with it and get your several hundred peds back). As well as saving you peds form decay on your armor and fap since you can scan animals, bots and mutands outside of thier agro range.

To get started the es100 from the tt is a good one it will let you scan humans and even animals with minium expense.
This one is best for getting scan human skills since you can just park yourself near a crafter and scan him/her til he/she gets bored or runs out matierial for the crafting run.
you can also use it and put on some goblin or pixie and go scan some snablesnot youngs, exarosaur or diakiba youngs to get the scan animal skills.

If you need something more than the tt scanner but cant afford the several thousand ped for an es400/500. your only choice is the crafted lifescanner series.
With the lifescanner series the higher the number the more the decay and the faster the reload. Also the highes lifescanner does not come close to the max range as the es500.
I think the lifescanner 5 has like 60 meters wich i think is equivelent to the es400or es300(i dont think you can even find the es300 much anywhere its seems hella rare).
Using a lifescanner 5 will let you get some scannig of bots and mutants in, but with increased risk of being agroed on by your target mob.
It will cost you alot more peds in the long run as it is the fastest decaying scanner in all of EU.
Using this one through your career you would end up spending more on decay than you would have paid to purchase the es500.

If you want to get into scaanning i would sugest you get the tt scanner and start on humans while you save up for an es500.
You can still unlock the scientist skill even if you focus on humans.
Only get the es500 if you want to bring up your scan robot and scan mutant skills to a nice high amount. the benefit of scanning bots is you get some useful skils that will come in handy when you do some types of crafting.

right now most of the scanning skills are useless, as MA has not implimented anythgn that would make significant sue of them as of yet (the might make em useful some day though). Scanning anything does give you useful secondary skills.

Back