Question: Best way to increase laser weapon (Dmg)

sry911

Guardian
Hello.
Today my question is what is the best way to increase laser weapon (Dmg) level?
Right now I have level 12 and my (Hit) lvl is 16,so there is big gap.

Maybe there is some missions that increase skill like anatomy, laser weapon techology?

Thanks for your answers :)

If your hit level is rifle then hunt with pistol for a while or vice versa. Honestly this balances out later anyways so I wouldn't bother with it..

The balancing two hit levels will bring them closer to the damage. That being said, I wouldn't worry about the hit getting so far ahead of damage, it just allows you to unlock certain new skills sooner than you otherwise would.

As you achieve different unlocks your hit and dmg professions will leap frog past each other.

You have 2 options.

1. Don't worry about it.
2. Cross skill extensively to create a rounded avatar, as you skill other professions your lower one will usually rise naturally faster than your higher one.

I have used a combination of these two options through the years depending on my mood.

My DMG has always been a few levels below HIT. Right now my DMG (67) is about 7 levels below my main HIT (74). The best you can do it just keep grinding it out, unless you buy skill chips or do the few missions that offer LWT as a reward. But yeah, certainly annoying :laugh:

Just as an FYI, these are the unlocks for reaching certain levels of hit profession.

Unlocks
•Level 10 - Marksmanship Skill (Combat)
•Level 30 - Serendipity Skill (General)
•Level 40 - Coolness Skill (General)
•Level 50 - Combat Sense Skill (Combat)
•Level 70 - Commando Skill (Combat)

These are the skills unlocked by reaching certain damage profession levels.

Unlocks
•Level 10 - Marksmanship Skill (Combat)
•Level 18 - Ranged Damage Assessment Skill (Combat)
•Level 30 - Serendipity Skill (General)
•Level 45 - Wounding Skill (Combat)
•Level 80 - Kill Strike Skill (Combat)

As you can see, Marksmanship and Serendipity are unlocked by either hit or damage.

When you unlock these skills, you'll notice a big speed increase in leveling for a while. Some also give bonuses like more HP. For example, Coolness gives an extra HP for every 400 points of it you get, and Commando gives a point for HP for every 200 points!

Thanks a lot for answer guys :)
Its great that I get so many detailed info in this forum :)

I gave up on worrying about it a while ago....i'm only in the lvl 20's now.

What people have said about missions and stuff is the only real way to attempt to balance, however I like to focus on evade skill rewards as I find that skills up a lot slower.

The real nuisance with lower DMG than HIT is maxing a weapon. At lvl 50 hit ability, your new lvl 50 weapon won't be maxed completely until your dmg ability hits lvl55. So, if your already 3 - 5 lvl's behind in dmg skill, you won't max that lvl 50 weapon until your hit ability is near lvl55-60. I usually buy weapons that match my dmg lvl's so that their maxed, and my hit lvl's are way higher than the required skill level for the weapon. And when people say these levels will get more inline with each other at some point, you can count on that happening when your dmg level, in any combat profession is at 80 and above. GL grinding

Back