Big Daddy's ROCKtropia Adventures

BobbyBigDaddy

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Bobby Big Daddy
Deleted my old avatar a while ago and thought I would give f2p a try. No specific long-term goals are set for my avatar, other than staying non-depo. we'll set shorter-term goals for now and set long-term goals when PED card grows. I will just use this thread as a "log" of milestones I manage to reach on this avatar. Tips/info are welcome, im always willing to learn (and help where I can!)

Spawning on ROCKtropia is not possible at the moment. It is bugged and there is no teleport to ROCKtropia after Thule. Support is clueless and keeps saying to delete cache and try again, but it just doesn't work and they're too half-assed to fix it. So I had to spawn on Calypso, which ended up being a good thing for my avatar!

- Completed Thule and its beginner missions

- Completed Alex Bukin's mini mission chain for the Bukin's Spare Rifle

- Completed the Gauntlet with the help of a stranger who helped carry + heal, got the Vivo S10 heal tool and 10ped ammo. I lucked out and got a 9ped shrapnel drop from the boss, which is huge when starting out. Had just over 20p of ammo by then, would go a long way with the bukin

- Completed those missions for the basic UL CDF armor set and adjusted bukin http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&id=181

- Used all PED that was left to repair CDF armor set and Vivo S10, still had about 6-7 ped to put in both to fully repair.

- Found a ride to Cyrene for very cheap, going to go there to sweat a bit (free heals on Cyrene near starter areas) and repair that gear

- Realized sweating is absolutely horrible. i do want the defense skills, but surely there must be a better way

- Found out about oil spawns and keg spawns on ROCKtropia, found someone to give me a ride in exchange for some fruit & sweat

- Found a mentor

- Found my ticket. Collecting oil and kegs might be slow, but it is way, way faster than sweating by a long shot. Managed to collect 10p of the stuff for some starting ped for ammo

- Went to Vixens, grabbed the vixen mission + AI mission and started collecting gears, selling for 350% for quick sales. Sold CDF armor as it blows and needed some quick PED for more gears

- Met a higher lvl player, we started chatting, he offered me a sleipnir (about 23tt left on it) for free. Man, I appreciate that so freaking much!

- Cycling between gear grinding and oil collecting depending on PED card. Managed to find a free hunting spot (hunt the thing, logan peak. hunting there is very slow, but 100% free and profitable if you grab the oil that spawns) PED card is growing slowly, but steadily.

- Aug. 27 managed to get a 46ped global on a 10hp vixen, bingo! Most was TT trash (38p residue) but got plenty of shrap and its all going to be cycled for gears anyway

- Found first goal: complete discipleship and graduate to obtain adj pixie armor and save tons on healing costs.

If anyone has any suggestion on what I should aim for next, I'm all ears! I was thinking of aiming at upgrading the bukin with attachments as a possible second goal, but would love to hear some opinions

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing your progress dude, gz again on the vixen hofs!!

Binx

hehe thx man, and thanks again for that sleipnir. still havent put oil in it as my PED is all getting cycled for gears haha but we'll get there!

just found out that vixens drop unreal tokens and they're quite easy to sell. im stoked since they'll just add up to what little gains i have now, every pec counts and its going to be a big boost if i can get those semi-regularly every couple thousand vixen kills :)

Sounds good, GL on your journey, visit NI after this, they have good and viable beginner en daily missions there!

today i learned skilling with unmaxed weapons is crazy expansive. i thought i would max all tt weapons to keep options open if i loot a weapon, and lost a good chunk of PED maxing the chefs knife and boxing, glove...gave up after i calculated my losses and im back to the adjusted bukin which, while not maxed yet, is now very close to being maxed.

i also noticed the adjusted bukin gives me crazy loot drops compared to the melee tt weapons. it may be just a gut feeling but i seem to get way more of those "late" good drops that appear a fraction of a second after you loot a mob? hard to explain but those "multi" drops seem to happen quite a bit more often with it so ill just stick to the bukin for now, although that lower dps is annoying

a bit over 27% done towards graduation, starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. that armor set is going to be a HUGE boost for my avatar, who is still wearing his yellow jumpsuit and free cyrene cap :)

Last edited:
i seem to get way more of those "late" good drops that appear a fraction of a second after you loot a mob?
Those are simply items that you haven't looted since the graphics cache was last cleared (due to a VU or a change in graphic settings). That fraction of a second is the time it takes to fetch the icon anew.

In the chat log, they may as well appear before the other loot from that mob.

Those are simply items that you haven't looted since the graphics cache was last cleared (due to a VU or a change in graphic settings). That fraction of a second is the time it takes to fetch the icon anew.

In the chat log, they may as well appear before the other loot from that mob.
aw man, i was hoping i was on to something haha but thanks for the explanation, i was going nuts trying to figure those out!

have you checked out arkadia starter zones, they have a ton of free starter items and quest lines to get you moving also

have you checked out arkadia starter zones, they have a ton of free starter items and quest lines to get you moving also
i have yet to check out other planets other than Calypso and Cyrene. there is so, so much stuff to do here on rocktropia that i cant even begin to think about visiting other planets :p

phew, enjoying 81% returns since the last 3 days. down to my last 28 ped thanks to the gears that sold last night, else its back to oil collecting and fruit gathering! still cannot sweat efficiently as my evader is too low.

sure is harder than when i started on those vixens, but im really wondering what im doing wrong here...

Big Daddy is back on Cyrene for a little bit of sweating again, will go back to ROCKtropia once I have enough sweat to sell for ammo, then its back to vixens!

Back