BTAU Price crash?

DrSlinky

Dominant
Slinky Slink Xzeeno
First of all, just let me say I'm not commenting on if this is a good or bad development. Just inquiring as to why it's happening.

In the last few weeks, the markup on Basic Target Assessment Units has fluctuated tremendously. Starting around 9000%, it jump as high as 15,000%, and then dropped down between 3 and 4 thousand %. Right now, it's hovering just below 4000%.

Does anyone know what is happening to cause these dramatic price changes? Are they dropping more often now? Are less crafters using them? Any input would be appreciated, as this has been bugging me for several days now.

Dropping more often. :)

I believe that they are dropping more often. I have looted more BTAU in the past few weeks than ever before.

It looks like it drop more often, and some crafters listen to what I said in some other threads.

Why should any crafter paying 9k% to 20k% to craft a weapon that can be sold at a maximum at 110%.
In fact that would mean a success without a gloabal on this weap is still a loss, so some stopped crafting this weapons.
No need of BTAU any more!

Do you really think some one should pay a markup for one resource that is higher than the total TT of the full repaired weapon ???
What do you think how often a crafter has to make this experience?
I think you make this experience one time and then never craft this weapon again!
And its only one of many resources, there are other resources needed that have markups on it, too!

I apreciate it very much that the price on generic components dropped drastically, now its sometimes possible to hit break even and not only a gurantee loss.
And the damn resellers trying to manipulate price history, go home.
I stopped buying overpriced some weeks ago.
No more chance to get 5k% markup out of my purse!

i have a feeling alot of hunting and mining drops that are three and four digits of markup are dropping more often and so their markup is dropping as well. i had several stacks of molisk teeth at 500% buyout and not one bite. after a seven day auction. in my experience molisk teeth are dropping at a much higher rate. same with alot of other high mark up/ semi-rare drops. perhaps that balancing manager actually doesn't think that the correct price for the new (L) guns and items is over 200% or 300%. perhaps we are going to see all (L) items priced at reasonable levels and not dictated by fictional costs created on market assumption. i know MA wants their big time investors but i also can't believe they will not want steady midlevel players and depositors.

Following Possible factors affecting it:

1. Metal Res drop, people stop crafting:
a) Hunters get weapons and fap cheaper, due to metal res price
b) less crafters crafting, less btau needed.
c) Less crafters, means more hunters/miners​

2. MA fidling with % looted.

3. Market Manipulation

4. Since its still relatively new(less then a half a year, if im not wrong), maybe some soc found a good mob that would give u shit loads, thus much more profitable mob then others. OR events are over, people return to regular mob rather then argo at orb, and such. Or certain player event attracted to mob that drops it more common.

These are possible factors affecting it. 3 I doubt, 2 is possible, 1 is most likely. 4 Well can be checked out partly.

GoNi is being a little dramatic but the point is valid. When the new weapons came out, a lot of crafters were buying the looted components to try out the new bps. After a few weeks, ppl stopped paying big markups on the weapons, so the crafters don't really make them much. There are still some or us who use them, but there isn't as big of a demand for the ''Basic" components.

Add to this the fact that they have been dropping a lot over the past month or two, and it's amazing that they aren't even cheaper.

I used to get ppl who were selling one or two. Now everyone is PM'ing me with a dozen at a time.

The good news for you is that it takes a lot of these items per click, so there will always be a demand.

i have a feeling alot of hunting and mining drops that are three and four digits of markup are dropping more often and so their markup is dropping as well. i had several stacks of molisk teeth at 500% buyout and not one bite. after a seven day auction. in my experience molisk teeth are dropping at a much higher rate. same with alot of other high mark up/ semi-rare drops. perhaps that balancing manager actually doesn't think that the correct price for the new (L) guns and items is over 200% or 300%. perhaps we are going to see all (L) items priced at reasonable levels and not dictated by fictional costs created on market assumption. i know MA wants their big time investors but i also can't believe they will not want steady midlevel players and depositors.

You're hunting for the wrong teeth my friend! While Molisk teeth have been dropping in price, it seems Foul teeth are going up. You can actually find people spamming in PA that they're paying 850% for Foul teeth.

Another thing to remember. Since the basic TT price of BTAU's is so low... market manipulation is much easier to do.

Yesterday i saw the rate for btau's at around 3.5k% so its falling.

You're hunting for the wrong teeth my friend! While Molisk teeth have been dropping in price, it seems Foul teeth are going up. You can actually find people spamming in PA that they're paying 850% for Foul teeth.

Foul tooth costs way more then that ;), its bones that u are refering to.

How much is the TT of Basic Target Assessment Unit? Almost nothing right?
The price is influenced by it... 0.1 ped TT of them sold for 1ped is 1000%, the same quantity sold for 2ped is 2000%.
1000 or 2000% makes a big difference in the graphs but we're talking about 1ped

How much is the TT of Basic Target Assessment Unit? Almost nothing right?
The price is influenced by it... 0.1 ped TT of them sold for 1ped is 1000%, the same quantity sold for 2ped is 2000%.
1000 or 2000% makes a big difference in the graphs but we're talking about 1ped
just one ped? lol ! X7 per click on a level one bp X number of clicks.

I would not call it a price crash, i would call it price norming.

they are .02, most items that use them for crafting use several of them, 7+.
so when they were selling for 3+ ped each an item like a Loughlin Smacker One from an unlim bp cost more to click once than its full tt and mark-up.

From what I have seen they are dropping from more mobs and maybe a little more often.
looks like now the cost is around .7 per. I hope it keeps dropping until its around the level of foul bone or molly teeth. Sorry to those of you that have been supplementing your income selling these at 9000%.
This will mean more items crafted at a lower cost. Good for everyone. Especially long blades.

Are the other advanced units dropping more often also?

They seem to drop in larger multiples now, as opposed to more frequently. Instead of lotting 2 or 3 or :) 8 at a time, now I loot 10 or 15 or :D 21.

It still makes a nice addition to the loot on a hunt.

When you are talking about something with a TT value this low a 1 PED change in price might be 3,000% (just pulling random numbers) so is it REALLY that amazing to see a major fluctuation like this?

Take a look at fruit at 100,000%.

To give some real numbers:

Some weeks ago I bought BTAU at 3 PED / each, today you may get it at 1 PED each.

There are blueprints that need 13 BTAU / click, that makes a difference of 26 PED / click for the crafter.
I think it makes a very very big difference !!!!

1) Basic generic crafters have leveled up and are now crafting with advanced/enhanced generics.
2) The new generation caught up with the crashed marks and are not willing to buy anything higher.
3) Resellers are forcing it down with orders . 2+3 = major drop.
4) Huge hunting on low mobs with low drops of btau/fluids/processors and some components added to the high mobs (aurli for instance) >> big amounts looted by big guns :) .

Anything can happen on this market.
The costs for one click were higher because the actual gambling involved in getting a pot/global on them is higher and the tt of a full item obtained is huge compared to the click costs.Also, the LBE for example, is the very expensive to skill by hunting.
I'm saying anything could happen because :
1) MA may choose to reduce the decay on melee or somehow make them more appealing.
2) In the last days preceding vu9.1 , the drop was strongly reduced, as seen by the dropping supply.
There were some crafters buying 100 pieces batches at 12500-15000% constantly. I'd say that speaks of skill and high qr bp's ;) .

PS: scarcity creates inflated marks, skilling creates addiction . And all of the melee crafters have a nice target to skill to :) .

Last edited:
Back