Bug ate my car!!

Usurper

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Emelie USURPER Andersson
Driving along in the countryside just west of TwinPeaks i see plants standing in my way.
Knowing theese plants are hard as rocks, as most plants are...or not.. i spoted an opening just wide enough to let my PitBull through.
Being the shitty driver i am i ofcorse hit one of them darn plants and scraped some of that MA original gray paint
off my mean gray machine.
If that was all that happend i could have been ok with the situation.
Now, maybe because of my awesome shittastic driving skills the story doesn't end here..
When i hit the first plant and took damage i then got bumped into the plant on the other side.
I there received more damage only to be bumped back into the first plant again...
I was starting to see a pattern developing here.

Let me pain you a picture:
If you have ever played Pinball and experienced when the pinball falls in perfect balance inbetween two fast
kickers, making that machine gun sound, you then kinda understand what happend.
My pitbull being the said pinball.
In about 3-4 seconds my awesum Pitbull exploded in a ball of flames with me sitting there with my jaw in my
lap and my white knuckled finger fiercly hitting the vehicle brake button, what little good THAT did!
I'm not a game designer and programmer by any defenition, but it is my firm beliefe
that this is NOT how things are supposed to be, not even by MA standards.
This experience sent me into a dimention of pissed off i haven't visited in a long time.
And to add insult to injury, i now have to walk my ass back to town!!! :cry:

Last edited:
There have already been other instances like this reported.

You sure your vehicle didn’t just take SI damage? Which would be repairable?

Happen with me one time i ask on soc and they told me bug :mad:

Congratulations, you have discovered how people skill vehicle repairing.

Got it fixed.

Ok, admitting my noobishness with all new functions i now also know about this.
:yay::yay:

heh wait till you get a VTOL stuck in a tree. The same thing can happen. Except that not only does your vehilcle get destroyed but you take fall damage when it does blow up..Oh btw you cant reach your VTOL now so you MUST recall it to storage before you can repair it and go fly again.

See you in an hour as I walk back to nearest place with storage.

Hehe sorry but that's kinda funny. But it happens to me too. Usually when I hit something it deals 2 or 3 sets of damage for some reason. Colision errors with models no doubt, and one of those glitches MA will neglect to fix because it causea us more decay.

i didnt know this existed but sorry i had a good lol reading it the way you described the situation. I just know them vtol-treerubbers

+rep for the good read maybe it helps you to get over it

That was pretty funny the way you set up the story :)

I see people doing vehicle skilling all the time outside of twin peaks ;)

~Danimal

Hehe good storry my friend :)
Good u got it fixed now :D

:confused: realistic version of pinball, really!
:eyecrazy: MA's sort of enjoying this game!

Yet another EPIC FAIL from MA...:scratch2:

Similar thing happened to me driving around PA.racing around having fun till the lag slid my valk under some stairs before i knew what was happening Ive exploded :yay: first time its happened to me as I'm very careful not to scratch my toys.no harm after i checked tt:smoke: some free skills for some lucky repair man:wtg:

Omg
Selling:
347749.jpg

The more you know...

As someone else already mentioned this is a known "bug" that is used by ppl to increase their skills. Luckily it only does SI (Structural Integrity) damage and doesn't reduce the tt of your vehicle (like getting agroed by a bleeping Araneatrox, that Bleep sucks!:mad:).

Note: for those intrepid vehicle skillers who use this technique, the Pit Bull is the easiest to accidentally blow up and certain trees and other "plants" on Amatheria will let you drive through them. This is a random occurrence and will blow up your vehicle quick. Which sucks if you are running from Atrox, etc.

this happened to my valk today, only difference was that i was pinched under a mushroom...not even 1 second later i was a ball-o-flames, and being munched on my an atrox.:scratch2:

:confused::confused::confused: and if skilling someone this is legal or not?

:confused::confused::confused: and if skilling someone this is legal or not?
that is hard to answer

considering that it very much looks like a bug, using it to blow vehicles up to repair them would be an exploit, making it illegal
on the other hand, MA implemented vehicle SI damage from bumping into stuff on purpose, so it could very well be a feature to drove into stuff to get damage so you can repair it to get skills
yet again, making vehicles get "stuck" in objects to do that, could be seen an exploit

thats the situation, now the answer to that has some colours

color 1, for the players who think this is pretty irritating, stupid and irrational (when you see a huge pitbul get stopped by a small blue flower for once) and costing their peds to repair - that is definitely a bug and should be fixed

color 2, for MA, who sees ppl spending peds on repairing stuff and possibly causing deposits, is is probably as long seen as a feature as long not enough people complain -loudly- about it

color 3, as MA is very well aware of this after quite some support cases i guess, yet not given any real statement on it
like "ya, we screwed vehicle collision up, sorry, we will fix it" (which they wouldnt admit anyway) or at least any statement that there is a bug, it could be seen as intended feature

so i guess the only solution is someone who does that regular, takes screenies of it, posts them on forum and gets banned for it, would show that its a bug and using this way of vehicle repair an exploit

as it seems it is way more interesting to ban bug users and exploiters than fixing the actual problem

all that was imo btw :)

I got an answer from suport case where is stated that repairing ur car and distroying whit those plants its an expoit... and same whit scanning the Vehicle- not sure if they fixed that.

relax

i ask

By accident i was driving to this flesh eating plant ( you can see it on video ) and figured out that it always damaging my vehicle very bad. So , my question would be : Can i do this everytime and then repair my car for skill up? Or this is a bug,exploit and it is against Eula rules? Other people also have this problem and they discussed it already on forum link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJcqcbeJXeo

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. Running into a plant and then having to repair your vehicle is an intended feature. However, doing this or any other similar activity, all the time, over and over in order to gain skills is not and could be considered an exploit.

Also, please note that using third party software, as well as running a forbidden automated macro program, in order to gain economic advantage over other participants and the system, is a violation which can lead to a permanent termination of your Entropia Universe Account without further notice.

Kind regards,

Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

relax

Last edited:
Yeah... Those plants hit really hard.

why is it that bumping into a tree at 5mph does more damage then ramming into a brick wall at 60?

Raund 2

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:
i ask again suppport and they say this is exploit
Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Bug reports
Details: Hi, my English is not my primary language and I use Google translator .
I want to ask whether it violates the EULA rules by doing this:
Drive car in the green plants to break my car and fix it. Repeat.I dont use automated macro program i do manually.

i add video in Attach a file

Summary: abaut car fix
Position: akmul,twin peaks
Time of incident: 2011 03 27
Sensitive details upload:
Attachment:

Solution
Solved:
(Mar 28, 2011 4:44 PM GMT)
Hi,

Thank you for your report. Repeating this process in order to win skills is considered an exploit since it is not an intended use of the vehicles.

I wish you a good day in Planet Calypso.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:
i ask again suppport and they say this is exploit
Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Bug reports
Details: Hi, my English is not my primary language and I use Google translator .
I want to ask whether it violates the EULA rules by doing this:
Drive car in the green plants to break my car and fix it. Repeat.I dont use automated macro program i do manually.

i add video in Attach a file

Summary: abaut car fix
Position: akmul,twin peaks
Time of incident: 2011 03 27
Sensitive details upload:
Attachment:

Solution
Solved:
(Mar 28, 2011 4:44 PM GMT)
Hi,

Thank you for your report. Repeating this process in order to win skills is considered an exploit since it is not an intended use of the vehicles.

I wish you a good day in Planet Calypso.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support

MA should stop making cars out of bouncy rubber!!

Back