Bug or feature: enhancer never breaks?

Superhal

Prowler
I made like 30 mining tool enhancers the other day to stick into my tier 1 UL tt drill. I put all of them in at the same time.

After like 5 globals and various small finds (maybe 1k tt total) I have yet to break an enhancer.

My theory: each enhancer reduces the chance of breaking until a certain maximum.

I am testing 10 extraction enhancers now.

hmm, that will be nice if its true

no it would be not nice at all

Nope..

Been running around with 100 on my MM, and they keep breaking aprox every 1k shots fired.

Some enhancers just have lower break rate, and since its random you can periodically go very long times without one breaking.... and then 5 can break in 500 ammo.

Perhaps these enhancers are more dynamic then the others... (I saw something in the forums that looked like this... somethimes the enhancer were broken after a few uses, but sometimes only after a few thousand uses!)

So we'll have to wait and see I guess!

I have 20 enhancers on my M2930ME and although the first one broke after about 100ped ammo, the second has lasted the rest of that hunt, another 300ped ammo, and it lasted the entire 3hr WoF hunt (which was flat out hunting, about 600ped ammo) and is still there.

So I believe with them being random, you will get a long stayer every now and then, prob means once I break this one they will all be done in a few shots :)

maybe you have discovered an unl enhancer? :D

lol i think you just got lucky....
but some do take a long time to break

Had something similiar. About 3k PEDs in ammo cycled without a single one breaking and then 5 within 200 PEDs.
On average I must be around 1500-2000 uses per enhancer.
Only thing I have not lost any so far is on armour, but I think there it might be maybe slightly different then on guns (something damage first getting on armour, then plate and then if there is anything left on enhancers). Must have gotten surely a few K in hits on a full set of Martial.

Still no breaks on the drill with ~2k tt pulled...but, around 10 broke on my finders within 500 drops.

Back