FYI: Bug Report; Society Applicant Withdraws but the Application remains in.

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Now THIS... is annoying.

Let me explain..

How it works now:

Yesterday I got a society application from a playerw who wanted to join my society, and in the result I tried to eitehr aceept or reject this application..

So I click on "Accept " To accept this and I get the following message,"

" Are you sure you want to accept <Player name> as a membor of this society?"

You click the check mark, and you get the following message

"This applicant is no longer applying for membership".

Alright problem solved right? Wrong..

The message does not delte that the person is applying to your soc.. it remains i your message center..

OKay next try.. since he decided to no longer appply you decide to hit "Reject'

This time the message reads

" Are you sure you want to reject <Player name> as a membor of this society?"

again you hit check marck to signify yes, and guess wht? The Following message comes up..

"This applicant is no longer applying for membership".

ARRRRRGHHHHH!

Now that's the frustration right there.. Cause what happened was this..

The player applied he then withdrew his application before you had a chance to respond..

and thus you end up in a loop you can't escape from.. This application message is left in your in box on your message center and it will never go away.. Relogs do not work, nor do trying to
accept or reject the applicaiton.. The message still stays there, indefinitely..

Now how it should work.

Now when a person puts in an application, and you either accept or reject it and this message comes up the actual message for application at that point should be removed..
and your inbox should be cleared.. A good example of this is when you delete a document or a picture file from a
word processing or a paining program.. WHen you come back and try to open this, the program says "Hey this file isn't there, and immediately deletes it and thus you remove this from the recent fils you have opened..

ThaSo now you should have a cleeaan inbox or open recent file system.. also there should be an option where you can remove this if the applicant is no longer aplllying..

I know that to MA this is a minor issue, but it can be a major issue in the long run and this is why..

Imagine people who appply and then suddenly recind their applidcation, and you have not just 1 but 2, 5 , 10, or even 100 of these in your in box..

This is the equivalent of Mail bombing your inbox and then you can't get rid of these letters, this would thus drag down the game and eventually cause it to lag severely..

and relogging I found out doesn't work either cause the mail that exists in this last session is still there..

So how would I classify this bug? Pretty serious... cause what this does is eat up band width here, and for good reason..

imagine all the soc leaders who get these type of messages and then have the double frustration of not being albe to delete these messages..

that's an annoyance, right there alone..

So I think it's high time MA fixes this issue.. that if an applicant recinds or removes his request, the mometn you accept or deny this the message goes away .. period..

That's all I have to say..

(And if others want to test this and verify it, Then maybe if this is validated a bug report should be sent (I already sent a bug report in.. so let's see what MA does to fix this Nuisance..)

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

Can't you close it with x in the upper right corner? or does it come back at the next login if you do?

(I'm not into that society thing but vaguely remember having similar issues with message center)

whats w/ all the bug reports today

Back