Bug when trading weapon/tools with Enhancers

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
I almost lost 18 Ped just now because the system allows you to trade weapons/tools with Enhancers attached, but with no warning.

I borrowed a gun, with separate Enhancers, didn't use it, and when I came to return it, the value shown was 18 Ped less. I then realised I had attached the Enhancers. When I removed these, and added them separately to the trade window, the value went back to the original.

If I had used the gun, I might have thought the 18 Ped was decay, and paid extra Ped to compensate.

I found this bug today; I can't find any earlier reports, but there was one that you get a warning if you try to TT a weapon with Enhancers, but not until you confirm; I'm not going to test this.

Since weapons/Enhancers have different markups, even including the TT value of the Enhancers in the trade value would not be sufficient; they should not be tradeable with them attached.

I hardly use Enhancers; those of you who do are probably aware of this; anyway, I have submitted a Support Case.

I just ran into this very same bug, in a different manner, but still.

The TT value of a weapon with enhancers is the value of the weapon alone!
No matter how many enhancers you may have added (maybe even with more TT than the weapon), it doesn't show up.

I did my tests using the TT: imagine TTing a high-Tier Limited weapon with a lot of enhancers still attached...you'd never know where they went.

Admittedly, I did not actually TT anything, just did the regular sweat/fruit test to determine the exact value.
There is a (very) small chance that upon TT-ing a weapon with enhancers, you actually receive more than the value that the TT shows: that you'd receive the value of the total including enhancers.

Two final remarks:
  • I assume this is also valid for all items, I checked it for a weapon and a fap, both show the same.
  • I think it is remarkable that if you try to TT some weapon with actual attachments (e.g. scope) on it, you cannot do it: a warning pops up suggesting you remove the attachments first. Why hasn't something similar been implemented for enhancers?

There is already one warning that item is tiered (even when 0.1) when you try to drop it in TT and then another one when you try to sell anything. Have to ask how many warning do you need to notice that something is out of ordinary? :laugh:

Not a bug but feature... I love buying finders with enhancers already attached. So i dont have seek for each enhancer manually.

Interesting point!

What is the TT value that the auction system lists when enhancers are attached?

Does this mean that it is in theory possible to buy an item on auction, only to find out that it contains enhancers and in reality is worth much more than what was paid for it?

EDIT:
I confirmed that the TT-value of items in auction do not include the TT-value of the attached enhancer(s), just the item itself.

Last edited:
Calling it a bug is just plain wrong. It's consequence of a missing feature.

whether this feature should be implemented is of course up to MA, though I should think that pressure from the community should help.

Personally I don't need it and thus have no opinion regarding the subject.

Back