Bugged and ticked off too.

Lukan

Old
Society
Free-launcher
Not a funny story but here it goes:

I was just at Twin Peaks trying to buy ammo. Quick trip to the TT, pick 50 PEDs worth of Medium Cells, drop the card to the payment window in the TT, press "Accept" and "Confirm" (or the other way around but I did exactly as I always had done to buy stuff) and.... nothing. The window did not get cleared, no matter what I pressed. I could only remove the PED card from the payment window. I tried again and the same, could not close the TT at all, even without my PED card out of the payment window. I could only log off though by pressing "Escape". Having waited over a minute, I tried to log in. There was a message that the server was not available and asking if I wanted to log in to another server, which I did.

Lo and behold, I am logged in but why at the Billy's Spacecraft :eek: ????!!!!! Teleportation while not in EU? :eek:

And on top of it, my PEDs are gone but I do not have the ammo I bought (at Twin Peaks, mind you) on me. What gives?

Any ideas? Yes, I did file a support case right away.

Lukan

A server going down and avatars asked to relog on a different one is extremely common, nothing to write home about. And surely not to MA. After all, what inconvenience did it cause... just TP back to where you were, it's just a few clicks away. :dunno:

A couple relogs shold have fixed the missing peds problem but if not, then submit a ticket, of course.

However, submitting tickets to ask about the server going down and causing you to relocate... that's a bit excessive imho and keeps the not-so-hardworking bees from MA support busy with unnecessary things... just my twopecs of course. :scratch2:

I agree, you ended in billys because you got asked if you wanted to change server, when you did that you got removed from twin peaks server over on billys server, it is completely normaly.

relog once or twice to get either the peds or the ammo in your inventory... rememer to scroll all the way down on your inventory page to check for the ammo btw ;) or equip a gun to check if it is there, if not then relog and your peds or ammo should come back..

all these things should be tested before doing support cases, because they will 100% tell you to do the same and get back to them after trying that :)

/Nakia

Thanks for the suggestions but I did try relog a few times to no avail. The ammo is not there, not on the bottom of the inventory nor it shows when the weapon is equipped and PEDs are still gone

Being relocated to Billy's was unexpected but amusing and I would never write a support case about it and whine on the forum.

But being charged for something and not getting it due to a bug/server crash is a valid reason to file a case.

There used to be a bug (or is it still present?) that enabled a scammer to clear out the trade window just before the conclusion of the transaction and end up both with the money and the item. My case is very similar, money got deducted but the server error prevented ammo from being transferred to my inventory.

Obviously, there is some commucation error between the servers if I ended up in a different location and my inventory was not updated to reflect transaction performed on the first server.

However this is a problem because for some time before the servers is taken down (5~10 minutes), there is no loot and no deposits. So basically for a short period of time you are loosing ped. Now it depends how much you can loose in 2-3 minutes, I guess a crafter can lose a lot.
I say this because I was in Twin and I was mining. Suddenly I couldn't find a depo, lost 25 bombs without depo and then the server went down. Just a coincidence?

My quick 2 pec's worth,
I was at Twin Peaks at the same time and also lost loot and ammo. Really it wasnt a big deal to me at all! Oh well, it happens. I would never complain about what little I lost (but then it wasnt 50ped, that would piss me off too!).
I guess that what it comes down to is that a loss of this type is just a bummer and the more you lose.... 50ped might just make me want to file a case also.
MA watches the forum (we know that, right?). They do (sometimes) listen to what we say here.

I guess that I havnt had enough coffee yet (its still early here).. But what I am trying to say is...... Im really Sorry that you lost your ped! Just wait (like was said before).. I have also lost things and had them re-appear!! I hope that is what happens for you too. And lets hope MA listens to you and watches this thread (and the others).

Now back to my coffee!! Good luck and have fun :)

I know that some people would not even bother to pick up 50 PEDs off the ground but this is a third of my available cash, I was spending it on on 5k of ammo to have some fun (again, some people use up 5k of ammo in about half-hour) but the damned server decided to crap out at that exact moment. Can you imagine how frustrating that was?

And I would file a support case even if the amount was 5 PED because the amount has nothing to do with it. Taking money and not delivering goods is called "scamming" or "theft", no matter the amount.

Well, I definitely will not deposit, buy or repair anything until the issue gets solved. It's been 24 hours and still no reply from MA.

I just hope they do not choose to ignore the ordinary, small-time semi-noob player who had lost "mere" $5. That would be the last straw that breaks the camel's back.

Lukan

Last edited:
Long time a go medicine for disapering items in inventory worked like this:
Go to Hades C, put in storage one or few items, wait 2 minits, relog, pick from storage few items back, wait 2 minits and relog.
That metod was sugessted form MA few years a go.

Go to Hades C, put in storage one or few items, wait 2 minits, relog, pick from storage few items back, wait 2 minits and relog.

You are kidding, aren't you :eek: ?

Lukan

It cost nothing to tray. And im not kidding. It solved laged and buged inventory many times.
And when you will be at storage - then look if ammo is there. Sometimes when server has lag issue with ctd you vcan get items you was to loot or items wich didnt stacked in inventory transfered in storage.

Im in PE/EU from few moths befoire VU4.2.

Last edited:
my opinion:

file a support case or u want get back ur cash

durin server down times, u usually notice that i have the loot from mob i killed 2 min before i was forced out, but the ammo didnt get wasted, so i have the ammo i used to kill it too

You are kidding, aren't you :eek: ?

Lukan

makes good sense to me ( i have worked in a similar field ;) )

reason: Hades C is very sparsely populated with avatars, so no mega-lag.
Storage is right at the TP, so u dont have top run around much (what? MA bein nice to you? lol)

The deposit/reclaim/relog sequence simply re-syncs the servers, and in a lag-free area.
I have done similar relogs at Camp Caravan for similar, but not identical, reasons. Storage has "lag" too.
Ymmv though...

most bugs I ever encountered disappear when relogging.

I don't believe the ammo or PEDs are lost. In all the time I played, it never happened to me or a friend I know in EU. We all epxerienced "missing" cases and all filed sooner or later a support ticket, but everytime we were able to find the stuff back in our inventory before the support ticket was handled by MA.

When you read this, TP to Billy (or somewhere else with few players), relog, open storage, check inv, relog and you will be fine. Don't forget to update your ticket then to stop MA wasting time.

And yes, this is VERY annoying, everytime you log on it should sync you 100%, and not only once in a while!

@MA:
When will you start firing your QA managers and especially all the needless coders? There are a LOT better developers, program managers and quality testers out there! Do something!

Yes, I remember that one, and it worked.

In fact any storage would work for me, it was also the only way to get your oj's back if they went missing also (if you wanted them back lol.. you needed to strip down to underear and put all clothes in storage too)

:)

Tried the Hades C route two times already and all I got is 3 "no's": no money, no ammo and no reponse from MA.

Lukan

Maybe I missed it in a post but have you tried logging onto the EU website and searching your items there. If the ammo is there then it will reappear eventually.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Xantonia

The ammo is not on the list but thanks anyway.

Lukan

Nine days since I filed the Support Case with MA. Guess what?

No ammo, no money and no reply from MA.

Lukan

Back