Buyouts

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
With the appartments commming with the great buy out price it got me to thinking. What if MA made it so that every item in auction would have a buyout a sort of MAX % you could markup an item so that people would stop paying 1000% for some stupid things. And i'm talking reasonable rates like 180% for lyst as it goes for 160-170% usually now. Personally i'm not so sure it would work but wondered what you all thought.

It wouldn't work unless you start capping pvp trades too.

communism does not work.. :D

DD
:evilking:

Ppl would just stop using auction when market price exceeds that max price.

To make any sense MA would then need to actively change item drops all the time to make market prices reasonable to max prices. And when players would know that they could also abuse it.

well i didn't say it was a good idea haha just wondered what y'all thought cause of the low buyouts for the appartments.

RexDameon said:
well i didn't say it was a good idea haha just wondered what y'all thought cause of the low buyouts for the appartments.

the low buy-outs on apartments is slightly different.... atm the apartments do not really offer anything other than a fun new novelty so it makes sense that they should be available to most any1 at a decent price. And the demand for them has been existent forever now, so low buyouts is a sign that MA is listening to what the community has suggested :girl:
Other items, however, serve a more useful purpose and I don't believe in capping their buyouts personally.

Another thing. With this relatively low capping MA will prolly sell all of them pretty fast. What that means is they will get "rent" on 3k appartments at 10ped a piece. That's where the money is for MA. :dunce:

Yes yes i know. If you dont use it you dont have to pay rent. But they havent defined how to NOT use it yet :laugh:

Reactions: Aio
silverbane said:
Another thing. With this relatively low capping MA will prolly sell all of them pretty fast. What that means is they will get "rent" on 3k appartments at 10ped a piece. That's where the money is for MA. :dunce:

Yes yes i know. If you dont use it you dont have to pay rent. But they havent defined how to NOT use it yet :laugh:

brilliant point :)

30,000ped a month, extra, isnt anything to sniff at.

Also - MA have only said they will cap the buyout of their sales - so, MA sell all their apartments at 250, 350, 450. This doesnt mean the deed cannot be sold on for 1000 buyout or 1500000 buyout ;)

silverbane said:

MA only take money in decay? so we are thinking 30kped extra a month into loot pool? ...or? :eek:

And yeah buyouts...you offer me penthouse 'deed' you paid 1k buyout for on auction in pvt. trade....i give you 5kped?

any way this would not work? :dunce:

Kalashi said:
MA only take money in decay? so we are thinking 30kped extra a month into loot pool? ...or? :eek:

And yeah buyouts...you offer me penthouse 'deed' you paid 1k buyout for on auction in pvt. trade....i give you 5kped?

any way this would not work? :dunce:

Was discussing this as well.... we do not know if MA is going to take the money made off the apartments and its subsequent monthly fees or if it goes into lootpool... would be nice to know though.

Svetlana said:
Was discussing this as well.... we do not know if MA is going to take the money made off the apartments and its subsequent monthly fees or if it goes into lootpool... would be nice to know though.

Remember abnormal loots around times when houses came.

I think its well possible that the money goes directly to loot pool and then we possibly see 10k hof again.

it would be interesting for sure :). I know after I buy my apartment, ill be hunting for furniture for a while so who knows - i guess many other people will also be doing that aswell, maybe its not the big influx of cash from MA but from the hunters? :)

could be. The market for furniture will rise again. Not bad. Good thing i've held on to all those damn mat/paintings i've got from gobu/ambuli. Not :p

Back