Question: CALYPSO FORUM DEVS: Dear Akbar: Updated Bestiary + Map!

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Greets.

I have a couple of concerns re:Bestiary links:

1. Since many VUs now - it seems to me that mob spawns are "relocated" all over the place. How much of the location & info posted in Bestiary is valid nowadays?

2. Can we have an easy-to-read MOB LOCATION MAP (similar to this mining map) for all mobs and maturities please:
eudoria-small.jpg

Even info in entropedia is outdated and extremely cumbersome/slow to navigate through.

Thanks.
PS. I have sent you a PM as well.

Dev's ? just start a thred on your own and keep updating the data.

Its not the forum dev's neither Akbar (although he did massive research) who makes those maps/lists. It's the principle of Wikipedia, users can provide their info.

If you want the info on Entropedia, do some research and help the community.

Greets.

I have a couple of concerns re:Bestiary links:

1. Since many VUs now - it seems to me that mob spawns are "relocated" all over the place. How much of the location & info posted in Bestiary is valid nowadays?

Even info in entropedia is outdated and extremely cumbersome/slow to navigate through.

What makes one of the features about this fun game is the changes. It is not up to MA to update us on them, but us to learn what they are and inform others of our findings. So if you haven't already, please make an account on the wiki and update any new information you find..others will thank you.

<mod_mode>
Dev's Corner is a place to ask questions of MA or planet partner staff. The forum is still community-run and as such the Bestiary is also community-run. So Dev's Corner wasn't the right place really, I've moved the thread to About PCF.
</mod_mode>

The Bestiary never really had maps or locations except those posted by users. Entropedia is the best place to go for maps and locations, but it does of course require that as a community we keep it up to date.

Apologies for the wrong thread location... :ahh:

Anyhow... folks.. I am raising a legitimate question - one that is a much needed resource for everyone (including you!)... and saying "go out there and make your own" is not helping anyone.

I remember the "olden" days when we HAD mob maps - and even a hunting map! Long and lost are those days and resources....

Here is something I stumbled across - and I'm sure this is pretty much outdated... a LOT:

map_eudoria_old_mob.jpg

Its not the forum dev's neither Akbar (although he did massive research) who makes those maps/lists. It's the principle of Wikipedia, users can provide their info.

If you want the info on Entropedia, do some research and help the community.

The Bestiary never really had maps or locations except those posted by users. Entropedia is the best place to go for maps and locations, but it does of course require that as a community we keep it up to date.

Yes, you are both right.
I did or tried to do an exhaustive list of all Calypso mobs in the bestiary (yet),
but maps and locations is something the community does by sharing their knowledges
and giving positions of the mobs they meet during their travels.

If some changements appear, that's the community who should update those datas...

EDIT : Btw, that's a REAL pleasure to see this old eudoria map, a place that i have been doing in all directions for something like 6 years... and there have never been any terraforming on it, all was great from the start !

Last edited:
Anyhow... folks.. I am raising a legitimate question - one that is a much needed resource for everyone (including you!)... and saying "go out there and make your own" is not helping anyone.

Well, the only options are:

(i) Somebody "goes out there and makes their own", and then publishes it (like someone once did with that map you posted).
or (ii) We all try to keep Entropedia better updated.

Back