Calypso Historical Museum

Would you like to see a Calypso Historical Museum on planet?

• Yes

Votes: 48 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Thorn

Elite
Would you like to see a Calypso Historical Museum on planet? Yes or No. Feel free to elaborate or contribute ideas.

I was partly inspired by a recent trip to the American Museum of Natural History and a thread about who was the first to do this or that in Entropia found here.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/133213-who-first.html#post1636456

I would love to see a grand building for a museum built with different wings for the natural, the technical and the human achievements in the history of Calypso. I envision displays of all the items, tools, weapons and armors that have existed. A nice place to see your stats on things and oh and ahh over the planets rarities. A section for planet history with star system models and historical information about the planet itself and it`s colonization. Mineral displays and geology. And also a place for records of firsts in Entropia as well as a real time Hall of Fame where one could see the globals going by on a ticker and see all the past HoFs and ATH`s in virtual tomes. I think something like this would be really cool. Even incorporate and expand on the current collection in the RDI Wildlife Exhibit in Port Atlantis to encompass the whole of what Calypso is and is becoming.

Last edited:
sound like a good idea. I'm thinking New Oxford.

No -- for the simple reason that any efforts to create it would not contribute to player "earnings" (winnings), and thus would cause a depletion event within any funds that might otherwise be applied to same (read: the loot pool).

Of course, they could also use the money to fix some bugs, or add new *player* content, or add some plot devices to the story line -- you get the point...

The idea itself isn't bad, but I'd just prioritize it down there in the "you got everything else done, so why not..." category.

I think New Oxford is good because it´s allready city of culture:) and I would like to see history of Calypso. Let´s hope we will get this. Maybe when CryEngie2 comes. So Good idea, I give u rep for idea.

a very big project....and a nice idea..but we kinda already have one in the form of wiki. i know its not the same but Traf Rellik is right..it would take MA months to do this project prob over a year if it was going to be any good and there are alot of other things that MA "need" to do.

I can definitely understand that perspective. I have a few bugs I`d like to see disappear like not having other avatars disappear. Of course I`d like both! I refrained from mentioning it in the op but I could even see charging say .25PED to get in if it was extensive enough. Even a noob could afford that and they could put the funds back into the loot pool or whatever they do with the decay etc. I just think it seems like a logical thing to have if not now then at some point. It could really help bring the story of Calypso more to life for players to see it in such an interactive manner.

Any more takers on a History museum for our planet. First Planet will be a beacon in EU throughout it`s duration. It would be interesting for inhabitants and incentive for newcomers to visit and have something to see when they do. Heck even have a shop with rl t-shirts and the those fancy mob posters!

Yes, I think it'd be good.

They could stick it in the same building as the Wildlife Exhibtion at PA

:)

Aren't there several appartments about in EU that people have set up as museums? Like with old tools and gear and other more focused topics? I know its not as in depth as what you are asking but I think thats the closest we will see to anything like what you are asking for.

I would change my vote to "Yes" if it could find a way to be self-supporting in some way.

There would need to be a perceived value to the user, which means that paying to get in would result in some minor gain, like a one time experience point benefit (meaning repaying/re-entering would not duplicate the gain).

Other ways of making this a viable change exist, I'm just saying that the above is one possible way for me to support the effort behind it.

Let's see, perhaps a string of smaller museums across the planet, and a subscription fee to be able to see them all? Tie these in with real life museums with digital reproductions of existing artwork, and advertising of the real museum/artist/etc... This type of tie-in is just what MA is all about, is it not? Such a thing could then blend the real stuff with one or two EU based museums.

Yes, it could be made into a real "working" venture afterall.

what I want...

What I think would be cool is if there was some sort of a new pet type talent, spell, or technology introduced that would allow all the little dolls, statues, and things to become alive and able to serve their master, by auto attacking things on command, etc. Would make these halloween dolls worth something. lol.

Also if that happened, imagine someone using that power on the museum in PA! :)

Also if that happened, imagine someone using that power on the museum in PA! :)

Yeah I would love to see that behemoth come to life! Bust out of the bulding and proceed to eat all the noobs at the tp in Port Atlantis! :laugh:

The Atrox Egg belongs in a historical museum, since it apparently has been forgotten about by MA....

Ahhhhh... the egg!

(always wanted to be the first to post that in a thread)
:yay:

Back