Can I remove the soc rank from the name displayed on top of my avatar?

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
Is there anyway I can remove the soc rank from the name displayed on top of my avatar? :scratch2:

I like to have as little information displayed there so name and the society that I'm in are more then enough.

I found out how I can configure the displayed name but I couldn't find if there's a way to remove the sock rank.

Thanks,
Sitram

To my knowlage there is no way to remove soc rank :(

Since when does it show soc rank>?

There is no such way, and it's good, because when people observe someone's behavior it makes a big difference for the society reputation if it's one of top officers or a Private/Rookie/etc (although the soc is still responsible for all it's member).

And your full name is still visible on a scanner no matter how much of it you made public.

what?

Soc rank has ALWAYS been shown afaik... At least since 2004 when I started playing this "game"...

Name Nickname Lastname
Soc Rank(Society)

or did i misunderstand the op? :D

Don't like it - be a freelancer! ;)

The only way to remove society rank info from display on avatar is if the General/Leader of the society chooses to uncheck the Make Society Rank Info Public radial button in the society info/options page at the terminal. This will remove society rank info from all avatars within the society being displayed along with the Society name under there avatar name. There is no way to do this on an individual level though.

That will be something you will need to discuss with Naomi and the rest of the M2S members to come to some decision as it affects all.

It won't for you because if I recall correctly cK has never turned on public rank information.

The only way to remove society rank info from display on avatar is if the General/Leader of the society chooses to uncheck the Make Society Rank Info Public radial button in the society info/options page at the terminal. This will remove society rank info from all avatars within the society being displayed along with the Society name under there avatar name. There is no way to do this on an individual level though.

That will be something you will need to discuss with Naomi and the rest of the M2S members to come to some decision as it affects all.

Are you sure the setting works this way?

I am quite sure this affects only the displaying of the soc ranks in the member roster, but not suppress soc rank displayed over an avatars head (and i don't recall having ever seen anyone w/o soc rank above his avatar name, but well, i could be wrong...)

Are you sure the setting works this way?

I am quite sure this affects only the displaying of the soc ranks in the member roster, but not suppress soc rank displayed over an avatars head (and i don't recall having ever seen anyone w/o soc rank above his avatar name, but well, i could be wrong...)

I am positive. I have seen it in action myself (Being the General of "Caffiene Junkies"). It would also make little sense to have a roster not display rank info but still have it on individual avatars. Keep in mind though that it takes up to 24 hours for the rank information to be removed from avatars as group society changes such as that are only done once a day. (Same as if you were to change rank structure from military to another option.)

I am positive. I have seen it in action myself (Being the General of "Caffiene Junkies"). It would also make little sense to have a roster not display rank info but still have it on individual avatars. Keep in mind though that it takes up to 24 hours for the rank information to be removed from avatars as group society changes such as that are only done once a day. (Same as if you were to change rank structure from military to another option.)

Ah right :D

Im with stupid, I though with soc rank u guys ment the position in the top 50 :D So i was like wtf, when did that happen x

cK shows ranks nowadays, and yeah like coffee said that works.

I have changed this setting on my old soc and no change was displayed on the avatar name so it does not work. I left it like that for over a week hoping it will change sometime but nothing ever happened. I have also nether seen a player not displaying a soc rank.

I have changed this setting on my old soc and no change was displayed on the avatar name so it does not work. I left it like that for over a week hoping it will change sometime but nothing ever happened. I have also nether seen a player not displaying a soc rank.

Well with all things PE/EU I guess they are dynamic. I can only say for sure that it was this way at one time. For me to say further I will need to log in and try myself again. I know I have seen other avatars other then myself without rank information below their name, simply the society name. Unfortunately I will be needing to download an update to log in and it is close to time for me to leave for work. I will try to remember this thread and look into it further once more.

Back