Can MA logs be bugged?

Your ability to interpret english is terrible, this is shown by your reply.

Don't use your latvian metaphors in hiding, coward.

(yawn.jpg) It's russian.

Tho, instead of translation I will ask you directly: what you're doing here, if all so sucky, erroneous and bad?

I asked a moderator to change title of thread.
I didn't Mean that if they lie but the system it self lie.

Am i tryin to understnad if the Logs are bugged or not?

OK, I changed the title to more reflect the meaning you conveyed there.

Do you think it's possible that amount of amps could make a log go bugged?
Am i tryin to understnad if the Logs are bugged or not?

No, the logs are not likely to be bugged. People operating the log search tool might not always know full well what they are doing though. The partial information shown in that other thread is a glaring example of that. However, in your case they even state what you got in the find with sooto ?

The truth is that the logs can be bugged or MA can li...err...adjust facts or the whole game can be managed by pink intelligent slimes from Alpha Centauri and you'll never know and, what's more important, can't influence it anyhow.

I doubt the logs are bugged. They could potentially be incomplete, but i doubt that at this point in the games evolution as well.

Id be utterly shocked if every item transaction was not logged. Every item looted, every item traded to the TT, every item repaired, bought from the tt, every item traded, auctioned, etc, down to the millipec should be in the log.

Item use is a little more fuzzy, these are likely only updated periodically. Item use is probably tracked in detail by each separate server, then consolidated into the master db every so often, the detailed logs likely aren't kept in that case.

Now support people not knowing how to search the logs correctly. Absolutely.

If MA's logs are bugged all of our logs are suspect at best. Chat messages. Loot windows. All of it. Nothing can be believed.

Which means that we ultimately either resort to taking things as they come, or demanding repair and audit.

The screenshot in this thread unfortunately proves nothing. So a repair demand is not practical here. Obviously the OP does not trust the response given by MA. Do the rest of you? That is the real problem.

Well i trust myself. I record the exact value of every hof, every global i get. And its never been wrong.

I track every pec spent on a hunt, or mining trip etc. Track every auction, including auction fees and refiner fees etc.

I dump my inventory into a spreadsheet each week, and have an archive going all the way back to the start of when i really started playing the game. I did not track the time when i only a sweater, but everything else since then i have.

Ive yet to find any inconsistency in the log files, hof windows, account items listing etc. Its always been right for 6 years thus far.

Because of that, i trust their logs. /shrug!

thank you for fixing the thread topic.

And thanks for your opinions on this thanks.

MA logs can be bugged, as every software can. And certainly every complex piece of software will have bugs. The mor important questions is what impact these bugs have. And why should MA be able to programm a perfect bugfree Server when they are not capable to solve some major bugs in the Client.
There have always been issues with the logging. Sometimes it were severe problems and sometimes it was just minor glitches. The bugs -if it's true what the rumors say - that are currently in the logging mechanism are very serious, though.

But in your case it is a Client rendering issue I suppose. The L is rendered after the item picture.

asking the community if they would lie or not about this...
but thanks for sharing :)

To be fair to MA they didnt lie about things in jacks missing loot thread they basically didnt have a clue he had the hof going by their own records and as soon as a screen was prodiced from someone else they obviously delved deeper and sorted jacks issue out and replaced his missing peds.

As someone said it is no skin off MA's nose to say to you "yep you tt'd an unl amp and we would be glad to take your 1000 ped to return it. even so thats a bastard of a glitch as i imagine your heart was racing as would anyones of been.

posthistory has a good screencap program and i reckon adding SOTO captures might be a good idea for him :) I suggest people have a screen capture program at all times running after Jacks dramas, none of us want that.

posthistorys screencapture software.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/tools-utilities/201196-hunt-stats-tracker.html

gl

Back