Help: Can we use RL rewards (including crypto) as prizes in events ?

Johaoninho90

Prowler
Jo Johaoninho90 jo
Hello, back in Entrolympic Events 2020 we rewarded 0,008 bitcoin to the best society in the Fruits Finding event...bot today i really wonder...

Could the communications manager please clarify, Can we use RL rewards (including crypto) as prizes in events?
Please answer yes/no and then give reason.

I am concerned to ensure we do not break any rules in TOU, in gambling or in trading in any nations involved.

Hello, back in Entrolympic Events 2020 we rewarded 0,008 bitcoin to the best society in the Fruits Finding event...bot today i really wonder...

Could the communications manager please clarify, Can we use RL rewards (including crypto) as prizes in events?
Please answer yes/no and then give reason.

I am concerned to ensure we do not break any rules in TOU, in gambling or in trading in any nations involved.
BIG industries has been doing this for years with tracker point redemption for visa giftcards, gpus, etc... you're fine.

indeed and it's super cool btw ! And regarding crypto currencies, what do you think ? I sent a support case lately and here the answer:

edit, adding answer copy past:

Me: "question 1: I plan to reward crypto currency in one of my events. One of my friends told me to send support case asking if that's legit. So, is it allowed to reward crypto currencies to winners in events?"

Support Answer: This depends on the event, additionally this is not something that Entropia Universe supports.

Also, i'm not sure but I think i was the first and only one so far rewarding crypto using bitcoin and I have to admit that I was affraid of Entropians' reactions, cause I met a lot of players that sounds a bit Anti Bitcoin and cryptos, but at the end I think and hope that the society Deus Vult that received the bitcoin was happy. It even better to reward with crypto cause you don't need to meet the player you wanna reward in game, you just need an adress and send the crypto.

if external currecny are allowed, i think that

if you pass me 10 USD or 8.72 eur or 0.0001538 BTC or 100 ped it is no difference
it is a nice game day 100%

PED is pegged to USD deollars so i cannot see the resistance on crypto.
i dont like them but dollar (and ped) are 1 click away.

i think player prefer in game rewards so can become istantly ammo, but maybe i am wrong

Last edited:
Back