Cedega

Che'

Old
Society
Southern Cross Training Center
Alphabetical Che' Numerical
Would it be possible to run PE under Linux using Cedega?

Linux is just so much more ... convenient and faster than the other Operating System, and I wanted to know if anyone playing PE right now, did it off a Linux.

I registered Cedega but had no success with EU yet.
Whenever they managed 100% directx 9 compatibility it should be able to run.
Funky was when I managed running peass in Cedega, but no EU :scratch2:

Oh I am looking into how to start voting for a game and whenever I understood the crazy webinterface transgaming has for that I will start a vote.

Also I am checking Reactos (www.reactos.org) every month to see how the progress is with them.

We will get there in due time :D

If you do have ATI card (only assumption) did you got 3D fully working..? ATI linux drivers does have poor linux 3D acceleration support (except for few commercial linuxes) and its not very easy to get 3D working.. it demands some kernel module compilation if im not wrong (did it last time quite a lot time a go so and now I use Nvidia cards, so im not sure are things changed meanwhile or not)

Did you tried disabling shaders, sound card and streaming audio support from client options? Or even client loader didnt start up?

ReactOS was too raw last time I tried it.. a lot of instability.. At least on my hardware.. missing drivers for many pieces of hardware.. It is promising but it has still very long way to go :(

I did set up dual boot.. Windows for gaming (EU, BF2), linux (Xubuntu) for rest of things.. easiest way to go imho :(

good luck and if you get EU working over Cedega then leave a message please too :yay:

Last edited:
I submitted a request for poll on the Cedega site.
Only registered Cedega users can access it (http://www.transgaming.com/postlist.php?forum=1263),
but those who are registered please second the request as we need 10 people for the support team to consider it.

Back