Change Calypso Space Port In to Athena (read details)

Status
0cd80-golftown.jpg
Ah yeah, that is the mountain S of East Scylla Mountain, where Cyclops Depth is.

Mindark please can you change it already? this is no joke.

Thank you.

Kinda weird that all the arrivals from Space/other planets goes directly to a private Mall, doesn't make sense at all because there are more Malls into the game that don't have this kind of treatment.

But well just one more weird aspect of the game and Devs decisions.

This would be a simple thing to program no? A simple location where you spawn 800 meters in the sky when coming from Space. Unless you don't have any programmers! Sad.

This would be a simple thing to program no? A simple location where you spawn 800 meters in the sky when coming from Space. Unless you don't have any programmers! Sad.
Probably no need to do that, should be enough to change current position to Athenas position.

Not only should it be changed, they could also make a big sale off the properties at athena spaceport!

I bet they could make nice revenue off those sales by placing it as a space dock, since there are several nice shops there that are currently not being used over whatever reason.

Has the potential to be the next Twin Peaks, since its got all token traders except one... but that's my two cents.

Not only should it be changed, they could also make a big sale off the properties at athena spaceport!

I bet they could make nice revenue off those sales by placing it as a space dock, since there are several nice shops there that are currently not being used over whatever reason.

Has the potential to be the next Twin Peaks, since its got all token traders except one... but that's my two cents.
thats kinda exactly what i was thinking.. bea great twin peaks 2.. air traffic all over the place.. would actually feel super busy like a space port should.

be like BAM you know youve entered caly with the chat and flying shit everywhere

Probably no need to do that, should be enough to change current position to Athenas position.

I was saying how easy it should be to do this change.

New location: Athena Space Port, altitude: 800m (like it's now). Done

Unless there aren't any programmers in the house, not even a junior one.

I was saying how easy it should be to do this change.

New location: Athena Space Port, altitude: 800m (like it's now). Done

Unless there aren't any programmers in the house, not even a junior one.
Yeah and I mentioned no need to program this, just change current value. :p

I agree. This needs to happen. It should be bumped regularly until MA makes it so.

I can’t remember if I seconded this, but I do.

I can see how Port Atlantis works in name for a landing spot. I don’t have anything against the current owner (and am on friendly terms with them), but I don’t think the landing area should be in a land area. That said, it’s now a “feature” of that LA, and major changes are always controversial for owners, even if it’s an assumed risk. The landing spot could just be moved over in PA (another tower maybe?).

I really like the idea of Athena though. I like how Celeste Quarry works on Arkadia for a central hub, and as others said, Athena is set up well for this. If this happens, should it be a default TP location instead?

Possibly weighing against it though is that ideally PA should show some activity for new players instead of being deserted. Would moving the landing to Athena alter traffic that much? I’m not really sure since it’s rare I hang around PA, but when I do, it’s because I just landed there.

I always take off from Athena because of the altitude and yea.. landed the other day on PA Mall and was like... why am I landing on a mall?

I fully support the motion. The truth is that they killed me once landing in PA Mall, they didn't steal anything from me because I never take anything to space, but I can attest that what OP said happens and I would be happy to land in Athena Spaceport !!!

The truth is that they killed me once landing in PA Mall, they didn't steal anything from me because I never take anything to space. . .

Unless something changed, I'm pretty sure land areas have never been settable to lootable, just normal PVP. The latter isn't a big deal, but what I'm not sure about is if it was set to private and how that extends into the air.

Yes and please don't forget televators between the service center and the sky platforms :)

Yes to this :) Good ideas should be implemented

I always take off from Athena because of the altitude and yea.. landed the other day on PA Mall and was like... why am I landing on a mall?

It's just sad because... honestly Athena is one of the most attractive and pleasant areas on Calypso in my opinion. It's a beautiful place, and it was obviously meant to play some role in space travel, but it serves literally no purpose right now.

It could be commercialized obviously if that is the desire. But, this just makes sense on so many different levels it's not a mystery why so many people want this.

I can’t remember if I seconded this, but I do.

I can see how Port Atlantis works in name for a landing spot. I don’t have anything against the current owner (and am on friendly terms with them), but I don’t think the landing area should be in a land area. That said, it’s now a “feature” of that LA, and major changes are always controversial for owners, even if it’s an assumed risk. The landing spot could just be moved over in PA (another tower maybe?).

I really like the idea of Athena though. I like how Celeste Quarry works on Arkadia for a central hub, and as others said, Athena is set up well for this. If this happens, should it be a default TP location instead?

Possibly weighing against it though is that ideally PA should show some activity for new players instead of being deserted. Would moving the landing to Athena alter traffic that much? I’m not really sure since it’s rare I hang around PA, but when I do, it’s because I just landed there.

Port Atlantis landing point (if you remember and I do very well) was at the harbor side and by default was a wrong spot!!! I ended into the ocean water when first time I came to Caly! Trying to avoid that every time I returned (landing in the ocean) I died many times jumping before the surface :) Then, if I remember right, they moved the landing point a bit south of the city entrance and then at the mall L.A. as last change.
So the Mall never been connected with the landing point realy at the beggining and wasn't part of the investor to consider it! It just happened. I believe from MA side without any serious consideration or yes.... maybe by purpose to make PA mall to attract more traffic but I doubt for that.
But after all I don't believe it realy add to the customers traffic! Personally I never touched down and go shopping there or people I know and also as far I know any other regular player doing this. Except some people who coming for exploring Caly or for this exactly purpose (for shopping). That mean these people will teleport at mall anyway.

Gonna quote myself to bump this up

I haven't specifically had issues at PA, but Athena Spaceport is cool. In fact I think it's one of the most underappreciated areas - I usually hang out there. Only thing is if this change is implemented then my hangout may suddenly become crowded. :unsure:

Oh look.. it’s that guy who keeps shooting at other ship owners on the roof of PA mall when they try to land. :lolup:

Who me? That doesn't sound like something i would do. :)

HA HA! Thanks MindArk.
Who me? That doesn't sound like something i would do. :)

I hope your smugness gets noticed by MA as your policies clearly show you not only not care for newbies or anyone landing on your property but also the shop owners who trust you to make the best of the property to call business in and not out.

Also: you have pked people there and inclusively sent private messages to some of those you killed in the form of smug threats. Perhaps that should be looked into aswell...

I guess there are different ways to get what you want out of life, you know. Threats/strong-arm/crappy relations with just about everyone is certainly a way to drive an outcome I guess.

When you are a mall owner, try being nice first before you start with the shooting :sniper:

It's better for business.

Status
Back