Changes to EST armor

andy86

Provider
Society
Kaos
Andreas Andy Gamble
Hey all

I was reading Smilgs hunting log and noticed a discussion about a "nerf"/change of the EST armor set.

Besides, MA really did the opposite of nerfing the armor, just making the existing sets more valuable.

Personally I have not seen anything about this. Is there anyone who can confirm that it has been changed somehow and what's different now?

/Andy

For the time being, you cannot get new sets from the trader. This means any existing set has a price hike.

Wouldn't expect this to last too long however and I certainly wouldn't be spending 5k+ per set on an (L) set. Expect MA to alter how buffs work / how they are paid for soon!:wise:

Thank you for the information :)

deactivated

Last edited:
Wouldn't expect this to last too long however and I certainly wouldn't be spending 5k+ per set on an (L) set. Expect MA to alter how buffs work / how they are paid for soon!:wise:

One easy fix could simply be to add more protection types to the armor.

For instance, if 5 dmg electric protection is added, it can't be used for free against mobs with (only) electric attacks but rather it would decay slowly for each hit (while, at the same time, it won't be as good to use against electric mobs as Thunderbird or even Ghost).

And, in a way, noone can complain if *more* protection is added to a set of armor...

(Adding protection had been done in the past; it was done with the beginner hoverpods on Arkadia - originally they didn't decay at all because they didn't have any protection values.)

One easy fix could simply be to add more protection types to the armor.

For instance, if 5 dmg electric protection is added, it can't be used for free against mobs with (only) electric attacks but rather it would decay slowly for each hit (while, at the same time, it won't be as good to use against electric mobs as Thunderbird or even Ghost).

And, in a way, noone can complain if *more* protection is added to a set of armor...

(Adding protection had been done in the past; it was done with the beginner hoverpods on Arkadia - originally they didn't decay at all because they didn't have any protection values.)

Doesn't solve the perf hermetic + eudoracell + backpeddle issue though.

I expect MA to make more wholesale changes to buffs when they finally decide to add decay to rings (i.e. decide what the right balance level is for all buffs).

I bet that 60% is a mistake where it should have been 6% since introduction.
Remember the electric dmg on the Rep edge battle axe 1x0, it took a while to get discovered and fixed :rolleyes:

I doubt any of it was a mistakes, just a terrible idea that they took too long to address and now that folks have suits I'm sure they will get around to nerfing it to the ground. They do excel at doing that, specially when people complain loud enough. It really gives them the excuse they need to do what they want to do, they just need the opening.

If they don't want to fix something, it doesn't matter how loud the player base shouts. They will be silent and act as if the complaints don't exist. READ: EPIV

I doubt any of it was a mistakes, just a terrible idea that they took too long to address and now that folks have suits I'm sure they will get around to nerfing it to the ground. They do excel at doing that, specially when people complain loud enough. It really gives them the excuse they need to do what they want to do, they just need the opening.

If they don't want to fix something, it doesn't matter how loud the player base shouts. They will be silent and act as if the complaints don't exist. READ: EPIV

People are complaining about EP for the wrong reason. MA don't care if ores have MU or not, that does not affect them.

EP was introduced as a second experiment following the ability to only loot explosives. MA are trying to find a way to make the greater proportion of hunting to be crafted rather than the minor proportion (L weapons).

If EP is successful, we could feasibly see the removal of ammo from loot (just shrapnel), and ammo being crafted (LI,II,III,IV & BLPI,II,III,IV).

People are complaining about EP for the wrong reason. MA don't care if ores have MU or not, that does not affect them.

EP was introduced as a second experiment following the ability to only loot explosives. MA are trying to find a way to make the greater proportion of hunting to be crafted rather than the minor proportion (L weapons).

If EP is successful, we could feasibly see the removal of ammo from loot (just shrapnel), and ammo being crafted (LI,II,III,IV & BLPI,II,III,IV).

And what of universal ammo?

My guess is that universal ammo was designed for beginner level missions; as there previously has been said numerous beginners passed through (previous version of) gateway and then just vanished; propably after trading their given ammo to their "master puppet".

With universal ammo and making weapons given in beginner missions untradeable they at least made this process slower.

For shrapnel, I think it was an attempt to increase the MU of materials by dropping less materials (paint, extractors etc). The shrapnel to UA deal is probably a bonus for locking the tradeable value into ammo so it had to be used; and to make it work, make the UA be used in most types of weapons; and later for mining.

Maybe there was a vision some time ago to merge all sorts of ammo into one kind of ammo, following the merger of LWC/MWC into just weapon cells.

Wouldn't make any difference. With ammo gone from loot and trade terminals, one would have to purchase at least a proportion (if not all) their ammo from a crafter, as loot will not be 100% shrapnel.

Shrapnel looted (+1%) plus ammo purchased (-1%); when balanced the net would be zero but it provides a crafted source.

It is just a feeling I have as to why EP were introduced; given more credit as it seems MA are trying two separate theories at the same time (ammo beneficial to be made by shrapnel conversion from loots (UA) / ammo created by crafters (EP)).

deactivated

Last edited:
I would love to see them do this, and really love to see the look on there faces when almost all there hunters disappear :nutkick:.

Yes, it won't happen with the current crafting system for the same reasons why a lot of the other suggestions on this forum won't happen either. "Flakeyness" of supply from crafters on two points (actual supply or constricted supply).

Same reason as to why the upgrade missions are not "crafted" - MA will not want to deal with the hassle of creating a system for crafters to upgrade people's items with no risk to either party.

"Oi noob gimmie your suit I'll colour it for 1 ped" or "Upgrade this suit to green by giving us 1ped".

Shrapnel looted (+1%) plus ammo purchased (-1%); when balanced the net would be zero but it provides a crafted source.

So you're saying MA is locking the MU on crafted ammo at under 101% before they even roll out an idea. Only the gamblers will make that. And then they just TT it.

So you're saying MA is locking the MU on crafted ammo at under 101% before they even roll out an idea. Only the gamblers will make that. And then they just TT it.

No, I'm saying simple supply and demand will send it there. Just take a look at what you can purchase explosives for.

The reason MA haven't introduced it yet is exactly your point though - losing the control and handing that control to crofters.

I'm pretty confident the % of blp/laser used compared to explosives is significant.

Crafting ammo would be pointless unless they take out shrapnel. And still a gambler's sick twisted mistress until they stop the high roll BPs.

Back