Choppy hunting

pacmagic

Old
Society
Freelancer
John Mac Nally
Hi All,

It appears that the logging i.e "You hit for loads of damage" or "You got no loot" is affecting performance.

If i goto say soc channel and dont hit v twice its ok but if the messaging is showing its very choppy.

Anyone else?

dunno WTF is going on

everytime I hit a mob the screenfreezes for a few miliseconds, it sucks :(

Eld said:
dunno WTF is going on

everytime I hit a mob the screenfreezes for a few miliseconds, it sucks :(

Ah at least it aint just me! If you goto the events channel for instance it will get rid of it but you wont see ur hits (one way to get rid of the no loots message!!) :laugh:

Same here

Same here, all I keep saying while hunting is , Oh my LORD LAG FREAKING MONKIES WTF??!!?!?!?!?!!?%@$^%^@#%%*^ #$^#^#^$ &#^$*&#%@^ #^

I lag with every shot, One second the mob is standing next its laying down, I lag everytime it tells me damage, I don't see the exact health bar in time to switch from amped weapon to unamped, and I don't want ot have to stop firing and wait because that's armor decay right there. COME ON MINDARK :mad:

m2

and if u miss orfire not at a mob there is nothign wrong
there is delay/lag/freez when u hit a mob or chat,
when u run aorudn liek a mad man , firingat nothign there isnt any

greetz CBB

for gods sake the VU has been up for minutes, THERE WILL BE ISSUES give MA time to sort them out!

Anything in that chat window does it, globals and normal speaking too!

yep same problem...runs same as always, till i start hunting...then performance becomes real choppy while shooting at a mob...freezes for under a sec. at same point during reload/when i hit a mob. relogged and everything was fine...even got some shots off pretty smooth then it started happening again, haven't found the 'trigger' which causes this yet but i can't hunt like this lol....seems to be even worse when surrounded by mobs.

EDIT

"for gods sake the VU has been up for minutes, THERE WILL BE ISSUES give MA time to sort them out!"

can't sort out what they don't know...now they know ;)

Its a huge amount of lag for something that's really significant. What did they change to hunting that could have caused this?

Though I think we can get around it for now. I just relogged at the location of my hunt. Without going through any towns or laggy streaming videos. My hunting has returned to normal. Try relogging guys, and see if it helps, once you get to wher eyou want to hunt

Eli said:
Its a huge amount of lag for something that's really significant. What did they change to hunting that could have caused this?

Though I think we can get around it for now. I just relogged at the location of my hunt. Without going through any towns or laggy streaming videos. My hunting has returned to normal. Try relogging guys, and see if it helps, once you get to wher eyou want to hunt

Trying it!

The Butcher said:
yep same problem...runs same as always, till i start hunting...then performance becomes real choppy while shooting at a mob...freezes for under a sec. at same point during reload/when i hit a mob. relogged and everything was fine...even got some shots off pretty smooth then it started happening again, haven't found the 'trigger' which causes this yet but i can't hunt like this lol....seems to be even worse when surrounded by mobs.

EDIT

"for gods sake the VU has been up for minutes, THERE WILL BE ISSUES give MA time to sort them out!"

no they dont this is a forum on a bug logging area for MA , raise a support case if you have issues MA are looking at them not browsing EF lol

The Butcher said:

EDIT

Well this is the only place i know to tell them :)

Relog and not in town has returned it to normal!

point is everyone knows ma is doing their job...no crap support isn't browsing ef lookin for bugs...on the same token we aren't using this to report bugs to ma..just seeing if others are having the same problem.

Relog fixes for a time but it seems once the log gets to a certain size it gets choppy. Support case it is then!

sorry work aorund doesnt work

work aorund of relog works for a few min then it starts to get bad again,
sorry lol

greetz
CBB

Yes I noticed it too. relog helped temporairly and then it gets bad again after a time. Ill file one with you!

suppor tfile

well with a release idont bother with supportcase, i asume MA is watchign forums as we do, i dontwanna fil their box with hundreds of same supportcases

they must have figured by now that somethign is overflowing, a buffer or a log, which writes away stuff from interaction between different server proces liek , runnign, hutnign, shooting
greetz
CBB

think peopel will be best to leave any ped spending activities wether it be hunting or crafting as my creafting session has locked up 3 times causing me to log out and then back in

I'm not gonna whinge as I'm sure MA will sort it out but I think the testing prior to launch of each vu needs a lot of improvement

yes it lags like that no matter what you are doing. I was crafting and every message that flashed up lag me like hell.

Maybe 10000000 terabytes of client downloads has something to do with that :rolleyes:

true, i dont hutn eithertill its fixed, and if people stop doing ped wastign activitties, lol u ll see how quickly ma sorts it out

like MA says" its the decade of the gamer, and the power of the gamer"

but: 'What a game!!!"

greetz
CBB

Back