Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Owners Beware!

Vixen78

Stalker
Society
PE Addicts
Savannah Vixen Marie
Mopar Customers Beware!

After a very unpleasant call from a customer this afternoon, I thought I’d share a little insight with all of you Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep owners.

As many of you already know, Chrysler has filed for bankruptcy less than 2 months ago. In doing so, Chrysler LLC has merged with the Italian Automaker, Fiat. On the down side of all of this, Chrysler still owes tons of money to many vendors. What that means for you as a customer, and vehicle owner is that there are thousands yes thousands of parts on Back Order.

Just off the top of my head, you can expect delays when ordering these parts… EGR valve for a Pacifica, Front pads/ Rotors and Rear pads/Rotor for the 2008-2009 Minivans, ALL radios, Body control modules, and parts that fall under the “Exchange Unit” type of ordering, and many accessories. These parts currently do not have an ETA of any sort. :cussing: Frustrating I know!

We have 3 customers waiting for their radios to come in, these radios are part of the “Exchange Unit” and have been on order since early May. There was 1 radio that came in the other day, we were waiting on that for a good month.

Before the bankruptcy, parts of this nature took 2-3 days at most and in many cases it was over night. Just know that once we (at the dealership) place your order, it is out of our control and there is nothing we can do to speed up the process.

The bottom line here is that Chrysler owes tons of money to many vendors. The vendors they owe money to are not supplying parts. Other vendors are being sought out, but can you blame them for not wanting to take a chance on a company that just

filed for bankruptcy?

Sadly that puts their customers like you in a very bad spot. And Parts Advisors like me, get to hear your verbal wrath. Believe me, I know how much of an inconvenience this is to the customers! If I could pull your back ordered parts out of thin air, I would! We are doing the best that we can, with the parts we are still able to order and receive.

Don’t be surprised if you hear that the part you need is on Back Order and there is NO ETA! Hundreds of these parts are a good 2 weeks to a month out… Some have No ETA at all because Chrysler can’t find a vendor to make the part.

Please consider yourself warned!

For those of you who still feel the need to vent some frustration, I suggest you call your local Dealer and ask for the Chrysler Customer 1-800 #

For the customer who unleashed his verbal wrath on me today, you know who you are… I will hold your part aside for 2 weeks before calling you to tell you that your radio has finally come in :evilking: How do you like them apples?

Back