client loader crashing on Rocktropia splash screen

craw

Provider
Society
Fiend Without A Face
Themodius Craw
Starting thread in case anyone else is encountering this. I opened a support ticket. A buddy of mine on Rocktropia is having the exact same problem. I get the same results on 2 different computers:

ticket:

I was able to login ok yesterday in Calypso. I flew to Rocktropia last night. Now when I start the client loader, I get this message:
---------------------------
Entropia Universe did not shutdown normally

[ExceptionInfo]
ExceptionAddress=1998553826
ExceptionCode=80000003
Version=15.7.2.132404
64Bit=0
RunningTime=00:00:13.029
UsedMemory=160
Scope=

-----------------
It looks like it gets past the download section. As soon as it starts the Rocktropia splash page, the client loader crashes.

I tried logging in from a 2nd computer. I got in briefly but lost connection. Now the 2nd computer has the exact same issue and I can no longer login to entropia.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it does the same crash.

------------------

Has anyone else having this problem?

I'll post any solutions as I find them.

Workaround

The Workaround until this gets fixed is to quickly click on the Launch Button when it lights up Green. It will Load the Client, and you will be taken to the Log-in Screen

thanks, that worked for my buddy, but the launch window doesn't click for me.

I'm gonna try running Entropia from a 3rd computer and fly off the planet.

*** oh, any pirates reading this will receive exactly 1 dung from me :)

still no word from support, but I understand this is the holiday season.

I updated my ticket:

I was able to update Entropia on a 3rd computer in safe mode and fly off of Rocktropia and landed on Toulan.
However, Entropia is not playable on this computer.

When I try to start the client loader on the first 2 computers, it still it trying to load the Rocktropia splash screen and still crashes at the same point.
This happens even after uninstalling Entropia and reinstalling it. So it sounds like uninstall is missing some data to clean up.

A workaround that I did when this happened before was press ALT+SHIFT+ENTER to switch from fullscreen to window, or vice versa, as soon as the splash is loading. You can also do this to see radar before you fully load, start doing actions before you fully load, etc.

I appreciate the suggestion, but no luck here. I guess when I said splash screen, it's really the Rocktropia news feed before it even logs in to to get to the splash screen.

I had enclosed a pic with the support ticket so they should be able to understand where it is crashing.

I would delete any crash dump files here:
C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\crashes

Then if it still won't start normally I would bypass that whole clientloader using:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\Entropia.exe" --run

(For the 32-bit version you seem to be using.)

Notice then double dash before the run option.

:yay: This has been fixed now. The Client Loader fully loads without crashing.

well, I'm getting farther than before, hope this is fixed and I am back online.

yep, I'm back online. Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Back