Client not launching

psyco59

Hatchling
Couldn't find anywhere else to post this so here goes. I try to open the EU launcher. When I do so I get the whole updating EU window which downloads a client loader file. When this is done the window closes but the launcher doesn't open. I am using windows vista. Anybody else had this problem and know a solution?

After setting the launcher to admin privledges, you may have to go into the PE folder in your programs folder and manualy start the loader the first time. Then set that to having admin privledges. I had to do that when I first loaded EU on Vista, but it updates and opens without a hitch now.

Merlin

The answer to your question is simple mate, but I am afraid it will not make you happy :rolleyes:

Minimum System Requirements

The minimum requirement specifications will allow you run the Entropia Universe application; however for the best possible experience we recommend that you lower some of graphic options in the Options panel of the Login Window. Read more in the Start, Login & Connection Guide.

* Windows 2000 or later.*
* 512 MB RAM.
* 1.7 GHz Intel P4, AMD Athlon XP 1700+.
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series or higher, ATI Radeon R300 Series, (96xx or higher.).**
* Latest NVIDIA driver - Get it here. Latest ATI driver - Get it here.
* Direct X compatible sound device.
* 3 GB of free Hard Drive space.
* Direct X version 9.0C.
* Broadband internet connection (ADSL or better).

*Windows Vista not supported yet.
**(Card that supports Shader 1.1 or higher)

N.B. As the Entropia Universe is under continual development, hardware requirements may change over time.

Are you launching from a shortcut? If so, try to launch by double clicking ClientLoader.exe from explorer...

Don't ask me why, but fixed this problem for me on Vista...

GL,
DB

EU runs in Vista, but not supported.

There is also a common issue regarding a crash to desktop (CTD) which happens when you are killed. This issue is resolved by deactivating the sound on your client loader's options dialog (not in game).

Apart from the above, start issues are usually an issue with the admin rights for the exe, easily resolved with a manual launch or adjustment of the exe's properties.

EU runs in Vista, but not supported.

There is also a common issue regarding a crash to desktop (CTD) which happens when you are killed. This issue is resolved by deactivating the sound on your client loader's options dialog (not in game).

Apart from the above, start issues are usually an issue with the admin rights for the exe, easily resolved with a manual launch or adjustment of the exe's properties.

Thats why i switched back to xp, the death crash

Back