Come up with new items in loot

Tilli

Old Alpha
garnet til alexandros
Lets come up with ideas how old useless stuff can be combined to make useful items resulting in more markup ingame.

Omegaton m2722 improved

BP lootable from weapon crafting

+ 2x x m2722
+100x cornundacauda flags
+ 2x 103 amps
+ 100x cumbriz ingot
+ 100x simple 2 conductors
+ 100x Accelerative matrix component
+ 50x robot optical processor
+ 50x high grade plugs

cba to invent stats for items, as they would probably end up just lunatic dreaming.

the struggle for MA is.. the more UL stuff they come out with the less your loot is needed and MU drops.. once everything is UL there is 0 need for nearly all loot!

You have the wrong impression that MA wants more markup in loot or a layered economy. They don't. They promised since the release of hunting 2.0 they'll implement new bps. They didn't. Is clear as daylight.

They promised since the release of hunting 2.0 they'll implement new bps. They didn't. Is clear as daylight.

I'm not sure if it's A. sarcasm or B. ignorance.
I am hoping A, but I fear it's B.

3 minutes search came up with this information for you:

150 armatrix weapons and attachments BPs,
55 gizmo and widget BPs,
100 armor attachment BPs

@ Kerham - As Evey says, I read this briefly this morning and it didn't make sense as they have introduced a shed load of Armatrix BP's. In fact it is these BP's that have allowed me to develop my crafting skills. Yes either ignorance or sarcasm, but for once MA did do what they promised and to be fair the resulting items are useful to either use yourself or sell for a bit of profit. This also means that players that reach level 12-15 in hunting professions have access to any kind of weapon they want and don't have to search around for a suitable weapon as was the case when I started playing.

Neither ignorance nor sarcasm. For me it is obvious that all this circuit based on nanocubes came as a package with hunting 2.0. And it remained there, it didn't grew anywhere. From the very first notes:

"A new Economy rating parameter will be introduced, on a scale of 1-100, that indicates the efficiency of a tool and which influences loot calculations. This change from the once dominant damage/pec model will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects. For example, our team will have the ability to create powerful new items that provide access to challenging and exciting content without dramatically increasing cost to play. Existing items will be assigned Economy values that reflect their relative efficiency to one another and to the entire array of items in the universe."

Nothing happened. We're in the same place as the next day after introduction of 2.0 (except, obvious, tunning and tweaking of parameters). No new concept, no new craftable items in any direction related to weapons (save for extenders). No new types of weapons, nothing.

I can bring as an example what happened at the end of 2005, with introduction of L and SIB. There is no comparison in terms of number of blueprints, systemic impact, resources used, range of weapons introduced, crafting activity etc. 2006 and 2007 literally exploded from this point of view. Not to mention amps in mining, late 2005-early 2006 and vechicles, 2009. Most important, there is no comparison in what regards synergy between professions. Weapons bps were using looted components, such as target assesement units. Also revamp of mining and crafting same period, 2005-2006 and sale of asteroid. Was an entire new world with a super fast rhytm of developing, 2 years.

What changed dramatically with nanocoubes based crafting is impact of various resources in actual crafting. Per turnover of respective item, via the decay of the item itself, the turnover of said resources (e.g. belkar via widgets) is almost zero.

Let's look at Apis vs a weapon of comparable dps+- BC40:

apis (L) click (ul click, add 7 btau)

FIFTEEN simple 2 plastic
8 geotreck buttstock
9 solar 8 gv
5 niks
5 solis

41,5 tt/click, residue up to 105%, price of L click 20 to 50 ped, usage of item 6658 clicks, wep going easy 150-160%

bc 40

17 tt/clic, of which 4 tt is nanocubes, more than 3 times less resources just in click, residue tt food, itself coming from nanocubes, impact of all resources mined in resiude,0, price of L click laughable, 12 pec, usage of item 7362 raw, 9202 extended, bc-40 116%

Apis STILL 5 times bigger turnover per auction yearly usage (hystorical data), when Apis is 11 years after its heyday while bc40 is part of current L mainstream.

Basically same weapon, economic impact reduced by more than 90%, looking at how all things come together (including decay of wep itself). Less opportunities for everyone involved, be them hunters, miners or crafters. Apis crafting was bringing me tens of thousands peds per week (and comparable spending in the process, was huge volume stuff), Moondog, what is bc-40 crafting bringing you, 1 ped per day? A skilled crafter was looking back then at a netto profit of hundreds per day. Hunters were buying them like mad, because they had their own opportunities.

If this is the promised exciting new content, screw this.

(Coming back to starting post, just look at animal oils, how all of them lost at least 2% per decade, where do you discern the smallest intention of MindArk in adding MU in loot?)
(To make the case even simpler. Feb 2008 I took my highest hunting hof, 11k maff clan warlord, almost entirely thyroid oil. From oil alone, it brought me more than 400 peds MU. With that MU I could do whatever I wanted. Nowadays, it would only be 100 peds from shrap, AND I would be forced to reroll it, that's where UA has any meaning. Is that simple.)

Last edited:
Dude, what game are you playing? You got everything backwards from top to bottom

Marijuana & Condoms

"I just read, the headline"

the struggle for MA is.. the more UL stuff they come out with the less your loot is needed and MU drops.. once everything is UL there is 0 need for nearly all loot!
Everything used to be UL, and markups were ok.

Everything used to be UL, and markups were ok.
markups come from people needing resources.. maybe back in the day before EP crafting might have helped but nowadays... if crafters arent making L items they dont need your loot other than for tier upgrades etc

markups come from people needing resources.. maybe back in the day before EP crafting might have helped but nowadays... if crafters arent making L items they dont need your loot other than for tier upgrades etc
in 2005, when I started, mined resources were used to craft armour and guns, by people like Auctuma.
Paint and skins were used to create clothes and dyes.
armour was eaither created (ghost, etc), or looted.
Same with weapons.
Almost everything mined, or looted was able to be used in creating other things.
There were no oils, but peds instead.
There were no L items, yet no-one stood gambling with crafting. (Apart from standard filters).

Back