Question: common dung

littlesamourai

Guardian
Society
*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
Daoxin Littlesamourai LeZen
Hello all!

Ok this is a weird question out of this game.. but .. how much do people pay for a common dung?

Maybe what's the commun rate for 1000 dung? I have no idea about that.. i even never saw anybody buying that at twin and i am sure lots of people has dung in their storage..

Well in fact i m looking for some dung... if you want to make any free donation just pm me :D I ll be happy to clean your storage!:ahh:

Ok seriously, thank for your answer

well.. not sure about that... but I think Deathifier and a few other LA owners pay about 103% for fertilizer... Fertilizer is made from dung + growth molecules... so you do the math...

well.. not sure about that... but I think Deathifier and a few other LA owners pay about 103% for fertilizer... Fertilizer is made from dung + growth molecules... so you do the math...

Hum.. i hate math! but 103% and you have the fee, the refiner's decay, the markup of molecules... that's too complicated for me haha :laugh:

i would pay.. 4 pec for 10? would it be faire?

I just attempted to use Entropedia to answer the question, but that says it's worth 0.01 ped TT. That can't be right or the 35 Common Dung in my inventory that I found last night would be worth 0.35 ped. Which they're not. They're worth 0.00 ped apparently.

*searches EF for "common dung TT"*

I didn't come up with much helpful except this thread which makes it seem to be somewhere between 0.20 and 1.00 ped per 1,000 dung.

littlesamourai, you might want to investigate turning the dung into fertiliser, and selling that in auction. Might be a more reasonable way to give the dung some value.

I've got a little lying around myself that I've never gotten around to caring about, so I'll do the maths here and see what happens:

According to Entropedia:

To make 1 Energized Fertiliser (which has a TT value of 0.47 ped), you need to refine 1 Common Dung with 1 Growth Molecules.

To verify the TT value of Energized Fertiliser, I just found 2,409 of it in auction with a TT value of 1,132.23 ped = 0.47 ped per unit. Great. Entro's correct on this one.

How much are Growth Molecules? Entro says they're also 0.47 ped per unit (implying that Common Dung's worth 0!!). Just found some in auction which verifies this figure.

So it seems that as far as MA's concerned: Growth Molecules are worth 0.47 ped. When you add Common Dung and the cost of decaying a refiner to refine it, the product is still worth 0.47 ped. Clearly not worth the exercise if all you can get for it is TT.

So the only value can be in a user-created markup. Let's look at that.

Price of Growth Molecules for the last 12 months = 102.92% = 0.483724 ped
Price of Energized Fertiliser for the last 12 months = 105.21% = 0.494487 ped

I take from this that if you turn Growth Molecules into Energized Fertiliser, you're increasing the value of the item from 0.483724 ped to 0.494487 ped, an increase of 0.010763 ped per Growth Molecule (or per Common Dung).

How to factor in the cost of refining?

According to Entro, the Chikara Energy Refiner ER100 woth 2 ped TT can be used 6259 times, which gives a decay of 0.00031954 ped per click.

SO.

If you:

Buy 1 Growth Molecule for 0.483724 ped
Find 1 Common Dung for free
Refine them into 1 Energized Fertilizer for 0.00031954 ped
Then apart from the time and effort, your total costs are 0.48404354 ped.

You then sell the 1 Energized Fertilizer for 0.494487 ped.

This gives you a profit of 0.01044346 ped.

I would suggest that unless done in significant quantities (so that auction fee is negligible, and ignoring the benefits of getting the best deal you can (both when buying Growth Molecules and when selling Energized Fertilizer), and assuming last 12 months' market value:

a) 1 Common Dung together with the time and effort required to turn it into Energized Fertilizer and get it into the hands of someone who wants it, is worth 0.01044346 ped.

and

b) As many others have concluded far more succinctly than I, 1 Common Dung on its own is worth almost nothing. It seems to me to be kind of like owning a common blueprint - it's just a key that allows you to turn one thing into another. It's the turning of one thing into another that seems to have value here.

Lol *tosses up whether to look for cheap growth molecules or take a screenie of myself putting dung somewhere funny, and decides not to do anything*

Who knows - if demand for Fertilizer goes up for some reason, then demand for Dung will go up, then maybe it'll fetch a bit of a price.

Last edited:
well, it's dung. it's free and a single piece is worth 0.001 pec (or something like that).

sort of like sweat, I guess. but, harder to collect, moderately.

tim makes a good point about the fertilizer. perhaps, when the land areas need more of it, the dung may help.

I just attempted to use Entropedia to answer the question, but that says it's worth 0.01 ped TT. That can't be right or the 35 Common Dung in my inventory that I found last night would be worth 0.35 ped. Which they're not. They're worth 0.00 ped apparently.

*searches EF for "common dung TT"*

I didn't come up with much helpful except this thread which makes it seem to be somewhere between 0.20 and 1.00 ped per 1,000 dung.

littlesamourai, you might want to investigate turning the dung into fertiliser, and selling that in auction. Might be a more reasonable way to give the dung some value.

I've got a little lying around myself that I've never gotten around to caring about, so I'll do the maths here and see what happens:

According to Entropedia:

To make 1 Energized Fertiliser (which has a TT value of 0.47 ped), you need to refine 1 Common Dung with 1 Growth Molecules.

To verify the TT value of Energized Fertiliser, I just found 2,409 of it in auction with a TT value of 1,132.23 ped = 0.47 ped per unit. Great. Entro's correct on this one.

How much are Growth Molecules? Entro says they're also 0.47 ped per unit (implying that Common Dung's worth 0!!). Just found some in auction which verifies this figure.

So it seems that as far as MA's concerned: Growth Molecules are worth 0.47 ped. When you add Common Dung and the cost of decaying a refiner to refine it, the product is still worth 0.47 ped. Clearly not worth the exercise if all you can get for it is TT.

So the only value can be in a user-created markup. Let's look at that.

Price of Growth Molecules for the last 12 months = 102.92% = 0.483724 ped
Price of Energized Fertiliser for the last 12 months = 105.21% = 0.494487 ped

I take from this that if you turn Growth Molecules into Energized Fertiliser, you're increasing the value of the item from 0.483724 ped to 0.494487 ped, an increase of 0.010763 ped per Growth Molecule (or per Common Dung).

How to factor in the cost of refining?

According to Entro, the Chikara Energy Refiner ER100 woth 2 ped TT can be used 6259 times, which gives a decay of 0.00031954 ped per click.

SO.

If you:

Buy 1 Growth Molecule for 0.483724 ped
Find 1 Common Dung for free
Refine them into 1 Energized Fertilizer for 0.00031954 ped
Then apart from the time and effort, your total costs are 0.48404354 ped.

You then sell the 1 Energized Fertilizer for 0.494487 ped.

This gives you a profit of 0.01044346 ped.

I would suggest that unless done in significant quantities (so that auction fee is negligible, and ignoring the benefits of getting the best deal you can (both when buying Growth Molecules and when selling Energized Fertilizer), and assuming last 12 months' market value:

a) 1 Common Dung together with the time and effort required to turn it into Energized Fertilizer and get it into the hands of someone who wants it, is worth 0.01044346 ped.

and

b) As many others have concluded far more succinctly than I, 1 Common Dung on its own is worth almost nothing. It seems to me to be kind of like owning a common blueprint - it's just a key that allows you to turn one thing into another. It's the turning of one thing into another that seems to have value here.

Lol *tosses up whether to look for cheap growth molecules or take a screenie of myself putting dung somewhere funny, and decides not to do anything*

Who knows - if demand for Fertilizer goes up for some reason, then demand for Dung will go up, then maybe it'll fetch a bit of a price.

That was clear like crystal!
Well i was too lazy to do that math.. for my case.. I am a miner and loot a lot of molecules that feed the TT everyweek... then once i found dung, mixed them together (damn my shirt still smells it!) and could sold it at auction for about 103% that is more than TT even with refiner and auction's fee.

That's why i was thinking about buying some dung to mix with my molecules...

Conclusion: i will probable offer something like 1,5 PED for 1000 dung even 2..witch is a quite overprice if you look at your maths

let's see if i can catch some at twin!

thx for the help!

God everyone talks a lot of shit in this thread... :laugh:

p.s. where is the common dung icon on ef :(

I have over 8k dung in storage!!!

I have over 8k dung in storage!!!

wow... cant imagine how you manage to find that much ;)

but i just bought 1k this morning and i am quite fine with this ammount for a long time.. anyway i keep you name on a note and will contact you if i need some one day!

Back