configuring firewalls...

cheeko

Hatchling
hi guys, wonder if you can help, im desperate to get onto PE, have dl'd the software set up and authenticated user name and password however henever i try and log into the actuall game i get a PE server is down for maintance or upgrades screen. Happens everytime. Ive turned the firewall off on my individual comp, however im behind an ISA server, ive configured the ISA to open the PE ports, however it still happens. Heres what i do exactly and what happens:

Double click PE logo on desktop. terms and conditions come up 'Do you accept' click yes, 'contact server appears then

Software window opens with home page in etc.. server status , client staus etc..

Type in login name and password on bottom bar

Full screen goes black with 'conecting to server' in white writing botom left of screen

Full screen goes white, and holds on white for about 30 seconds

PE page comes up (space images in BG, picture of woman etc.. ) full screen - saying 'The PE server is down for maintanece or upgrades, more information may be availiable in the news section. Press escape to exit'

Press escape - closes full screen,

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone had any experience with configuring ISA server?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Cheeko

If possible you should try to connect directly first to make sure that is in fact the problem. I had a friend with th same problem a while ago and it was like that no matter how he was connected, not sure how he finally managed to solve it though.

yeah going to plug directly into the net and see if that is the case, but wont be able to do that every time, so need to solve the issue really. would be really helpfull if you could find out how your mate got round it though?!

Cheers,

Cheeko

he's busy irl atm, hasn't been online for about a month. But if I see him pop in some time soon I'll ask him

When you have established that oe is working and that your online change your firewall to zone labs i works well and lets pe through if you say tes to the dialoge boxes. Download it for (inappropriate link removed... /mindbuster) (Shhhh)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mjukis appreciate that.

no can do on the firewalll change im affraid Michyblueyes, it has to stay on isa server. to be honest not sure if its configured 100% properly however so if anyone has any experience in it, please let me know.

Cheers

Back