Confused about skills.

Realedazed

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer, ATM
Jevonna KitKat Bellevue
Sorry for sounding dumb, but I was wondering how skills work.

For example:
Laser Weapon Tech
Grade: 7

So, what does all this mean?

Also, how do unlock skills?

When someone says they have 10k skills, what do they mean?

Thanks alot!

try look at the subforum for skills its quite extensive to explain and others have done it very well allready.

10k is 10 kilo aka 10.000 in the given skill aka alot 10k was the old relative max but its now changed to 20k

It's confusing for sure until you get into it. Hally pointed you to the right place, Jimmy's thread is brilliant.

Before you go though, maybe a simple explaination would help ?

Skills you get in the skills panels ....1500 rifle 2000 longblade etc...same place there are attributes. The confusing part for me was those levels with names in there, very easy to confuse for professions which aren't the same thing.

Unlocks can be found in the Wiki under skills section, but as an example ranged damage assessment is a hidden skill that you unlock, you get to PROFESSIONAL LEVEL 18 (DMG) (in any ranged weapon profession) and it appears in your skills panels and you start to gain skills in RDA. Since many different individual skills make up that PROFESSION (which is what Jimmy's thread is all about) ...no exact skill number can be used to measure when it unlocks...it could be slightly different for each of us but we all get it at the same level 18 dmg.

If you ignore the names given to the levels in the skills panel set, and use the professions instead, that should help. You get swirlies for a new pro level and a green message for a level (or new skill) in the skills panels...another difference between them. There are more skills than professions too, and some skills like anatomy and LWT go towards many professions to boost your level (exact % they do this -thread mentioned already).

Right click and system>main>professions will give you the pro levels you are at.

Hope that was simple, and I didn't get anything wrong....it's been a long night. :rolleyes:

t

Thanks for the replies! And nice explanation, timmers :)

I'll check that forum other forum, too.

Back