Connection Lost

Don't know if this has happened to ya'll but...

Mine goes from login screen to tell me I am logged in and wait a minute....

Just wanted to add a "me too" to this thread.

I tried all day at work and it took a long time to accept my username and password, and sometimes got to the gold card screen, but never as far as logging in.

At home (on a much slower connection) it went straight in to the avatar creation screen, first time. (although my graphics were messed up)

My reckoning is that it's a network or routing problem.

Erach.

Marco made a post today saying that it was important to send in support cases if you had a problem or bug because the more they see of the same problem the sooner it would likely be addressed.

So please send them a support case.

I was in game the last 4 hours before a crash without warning.

CTD are almost normal, I mean, more normal than not being able to login at all.

I'll take a little break and I hope I will be able to login again later.

Sorry here's the correct link:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2018128-post73.html

I just undid the steps in the above link and got the lost connection at log in screen then redid them and was able to log in multiple times no problem.

I couldn't get that to work but what is working for me is this:

In windowed mode

1) launch client loader
2) input info quickly!
3) click any desktop icon (fps drops way down)
4) enter gold card info
5) click any desktop icon (fps drops way down)

and in I go every time with no hanging or losing connection :D

Now if I can just stop ctd'ing every 2-3 minutes and stay in-game I'll be happy!! :)

I Posted it here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2019283-post95.html

I'll take a little break and I hope I will be able to login again later.

I tried to log in at least 40 times in the last hour without success.

Igorl said:
THIS IS ANNOYING.
but I dont think the word is strong enough. Anyone know a better one? :scratch2:

arf, cant get in.
I click one time one New Posts on EF, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail.............................

I must confess that it is a good exercise to practice patience.

Wou-Hou !!!

I'm in!!
I'm in!!

No joke.

From what Nadie and others said - the problem lingers in the fact that login screen has a 2k+ Hz refresh rate. You must be kidding me that ppl get in by tricking GFC to lower the framerate.

Jeeez MA. Was this your development team?

_41752700_siesta416.jpg

I.

in for some seconds character modification and than out again.
no chance to log in.
Connection losses everywhere.
This really s****

Last edited:
No, vertical sync didn't work for me. Although I was able to log in several times after I enabled UPnP in my router. Thought I found the problem and turned it off to be sure it was it. Yes, the game didn't log in with UPnP turned off, but, after I turned it on for the second time, the game doesn't log in still... That is weird.

BTW!! With my PC connected directly to the internet cable (not through the router) the game works fine.

BTW!! With my PC connected directly to the internet cable (not through the router) the game works fine.

:scratch2: i re-read this line half a doesnt times and fail to grasp...

I.

The problem seems to be the aforementioned too high fps of login screen.

When I enable window mode and during loggin screen open a few programs quickly everything works fine and Im able to log in.

Without it Im losing connection each time.

arf, cant get in.
I click one time one New Posts on EF, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail, clic New Posts, try to login Entropia but fail.............................

I must confess that it is a good exercise to practice patience.

Does what your doing lower the FPS significantly on the Log in screen?

If not, try my way (windowed if not already) and just do one left click on a desktop icon so it takes the focus out of the log in screen and it will load a lot, lot quicker. FPS drops from 2k to 10 if I do that :)

I have added to my long support case that I can at least get in game this way, now for them to fix it and keep me in game for longer than a couple of minutes!

mmmm we are facing a crowded beta test :laugh:

we have to wait to MA to take of the limited amount of players loging to log normally

just have some cofee ;)

That worked for me too :yay:

worked for me once, but now failing to log in again, so I reckon it was coincidence I got in after making the changes.

I still think it's a server issue with MA - or just maybe there's a list of 'allowed' users (those who can login without issues) and the 'rest' (those who have to wait for a 'slot' to appear)

:scratch2: i re-read this line half a doesnt times and fail to grasp...

I.

I have two PCs connected to the internet via a hardware router. So the internet cable (UTP network cable) comes into the reouter, and two cables from it come into each of our two PCs. I said that if I plug the internet cable off the router and insert it directly into my PC (router passby) then everything works fine. Well, except the second PC which now is obviously disconnected from the internet.

If you get that just start another client new window will open and will work (eventually the old window will give you message can’t connect you can then close it).:laugh:

Keep the first client OPEN just press ‘Launch’ one more time to open new log in screen.;)

I have two PCs connected to the internet via a hardware router. So the internet cable (UTP network cable) comes into the reouter, and two cables from it come into each of our two PCs. I said that if I plug the internet cable off the router and insert it directly into my PC (router passby) then everything works fine. Well, except the second PC which now is obviously disconnected from the internet.

AAh ure speking of router u actually use as repeater / switch. OK i get it now... no i betya my problem aint about that. But thanks for sharing.

I.

Getting same problem, however im on ATI, try running windows mode, its to stupid to remember a suitable size res to be capable to use windows mode efficiently..

Seriously, what a F%*$ up of release, not allowing ppl to access and play a game many have invested thousands into..

Subscribing. I'm another with the same prob. nVidia 295.

Tried deleting the -server switch in the shortcut properties and it worked for 5 minutes, then everything stalled in game.

Will try the frame rate thing now.

I was fine yesterday, it only occured a few times. Now I get it five minutes after login, everytime. My connection is fine, no different to VU 9.4. Using nvidia 9800gt.

About 1 in 10 attempts I make it to GC code box.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But this usually happens within a few mins if I make it in.

Last edited:
Im still having this problem...

Unlike some of you - I cant even see the game itself let alone spend 5 mins in it.

Nothing helps - reducing framerate, lowering con. speed, no magic.

I hope I aint gonna be left last to find out the sollution / this wont be the last problem MA will address in 2 months because its irrelevant.

I.

I'm also seeing this issue. Getting in maybe 1 in 10 times. MA please fix

Forcing vertical sync in the nvidia control panel settings for entropia.exe works perfectly for me. I didn't have to remove the -server switch.

Thanks to the earlier poster for the suggestion. +rep on the way.

EDIT: Elford's post on page 9 is the solution that worked for me.

Ok i also have this problem and its got nothing to do with settings. It's simply a server limit and if you keep trying and someone has logged out you will then be able to get in.I'ts very annoying i tried for over an hour yesterday and was unsuccesfull but the day before after a few tries got in ( i changed nothing).

Sorry here's the correct link:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2018128-post73.html

I just undid the steps in the above link and got the lost connection at log in screen then redid them and was able to log in multiple times no problem.

Thanx for the link.
This is the only trick to make it work for me.
But it work only in full screen, for me at least.
But hey, I can log in easy. :yay:

My things:
Win 7 64 bits
*Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel Core i7
*Intel Core i7 920 (2.6) 8 Megs 1066 Mhz 1366
*Kingston 3x2048 DDR3 1333 Mhz
*EVGA GTX 260 Superclock 896 Megs Ddr3 Pcie 2.0

Back