Crafting queue / Remote crafting

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
It would be great if MA could allow the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I hunt, mine or sleep and when ready, I could get a notification about it and check back the terminal for the results.

What do you guys think?

There are so many improvements that can be done in crafting...

Yeah this is a good idea. They could enable crafting through the website as well since you can open boxes from there already and the app is completely broken.

Edit: after spending a bit more time reading this it does seem clear to me that multitasking (crafting while hunting or mining) would be bad for the economy because demand is already an issue. So this will hurt markups quite a bit. The ability to craft while offline (without doing anything else) still sounds good, some people already run their PCs 24/7, including some hunters...

Last edited:
No.

Not that I don´t understand the idea or dislike it but...

It will kill the economy even further.

Crafting takes time for a reason. If you want to hunt while you craft you can always use another feature of the game. Trade! Ask other players to craft the stuff for you.

Think of how many links or potential links you will be killing with a change like this. And the further devaluation of the TIME input value in entropia..

Considering how ped turnover has an impact accross professions, as much as i would like to have tedious crafting stuff run in the background i think i agree with Ivo to leave this to the market and avoid a future where every highlvl hunter runs highped turnover crafting in the background.
Mindark might as well just release a new range of weapons that can cycle 10k ped per hour.

Visit Morningtear Castle for the Personal crafting machine, atleast you don't have to stand by the machine to have the interface open, I assume you can actually hunt and craft at the same time then.

Yeah I think the economic implications to crafters would be too disruptive if implemented at large scale. I could see more Personal Crafting Terminals being dropped, and adding some functionality which lets the owner chain multiple machines together to use the output of one machine as input into another. But probably only the owner could use them like that.

Visit Morningtear Castle for the Personal crafting machine, atleast you don't have to stand by the machine to have the interface open, I assume you can actually hunt and craft at the same time then.
Can you still do this? People initially guessed that it was a bug, but if it hasn't been changed by now I guess that's fairly strong evidence to the contrary.

A lot more people would get into crafting, maybe for personal use, maybe to craft their loots and minerals and I think implication to the game would be pretty awesome and players culd call themselves Entropians, instead of strictly crafters or strictly hunters...

With all due respect, I disagree with you @Ivo Jahrumble and @John B Knight , just change the game for the benefit of a handful of players that can't be bothered to be tethered to a crafting terminal while they hunt 24/7. Make mining the same, it would be so much easier.

Fuck it, you can even throw out the need to even log on, just do everything on the website like an online slot machine. Why bother have a virtual universe?

I hope my lack of air quotes does not impede the transmission of my sarcasm on this matter.

It will literally obliterate an already crappy economy, but just do it. It will be fine. It will sure help player retention and investment in to the universe! I just know it will.

😎

Can you still do this? People initially guessed that it was a bug, but if it hasn't been changed by now I guess that's fairly strong evidence to the contrary.
MA don't care shit about most stuff that's bugged/broken in this game so for it just being an old thing doesn't make it intended.. doubt it's intended but last time I tried it, like 4-5months ago it was still working.

I think crafting just needs to be redone completely, no need for something like this if crafting is actually fun and engaging. Currently, they have the best opportunity to do this since UE5 entropia needs to be rewritten from scratch.

With all due respect, I disagree with you @Ivo Jahrumble and @John B Knight , just change the game for the benefit of a handful of players that can't be bothered to be tethered to a crafting terminal while they hunt 24/7. Make mining the same, it would be so much easier.

Fuck it, you can even throw out the need to even log on, just do everything on the website like an online slot machine. Why bother have a virtual universe?

I hope my lack of air quotes does not impede the transmission of my sarcasm on this matter.

It will literally obliterate an already crappy economy, but just do it. It will be fine. It will sure help player retention and investment in to the universe! I just know it will.

😎
Why stop there... For extra Mindark subscription fee, get personal mercenaries that do hunting, mining, crafting for you - all you have to do is buy THEM gear and level THEIR skills. Hire/pimp out your mercenaries out to others for a fee.

(Hahaha kidding.. oh god, they're gonna do this now aren't they....)

Why stop there... For extra Mindark subscription fee, get personal mercenaries that do hunting, mining, crafting for you - all you have to do is buy THEM gear and level THEIR skills. Hire/pimp out your mercenaries out to others for a fee.

Bro, I fucking love what you just wrote.

It really made me lolz.😂😂😂

Safe my G.

👊

Last edited:
It would be great if MA could allow the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I hunt, mine or sleep and when ready, I could get a notification about it and check back the terminal for the results.

What do you guys think?

How about... remote everything? Like a Terminal where u can chose what you want to do (hunt/craft/mining) you know your setup / skills you know what return you expect 90% - 100% - 120% whatever is, and you just put there peds.

For Hunting ->
Insert Peds -> 100k Peds -> you have found X Y Z items, that could possible already have an interface to be sold while you are afk, or sleeping or doing laundry or whatever, and also i would sugest same thing for Mining, and ofc for Crafting.

For Mining ->
Invest X amount of peds into the terminal, ask where to go mining the "interface" give them the coords of the place you want to be mined -> MA will return you whatever % of the mining resources, where you can make like pre selling setups -> set for each individual material particular % (i.e Iron 105% / Pyrite 290% , Gold 120%) and whenever you find these materials, MA should automatically list it. (ofcourse you only have to choose how many Stones at once you want per Auction Entry)

For Crafting ->
Sounds already a very good ideea the one you have, we could possible improve diferent things.

If possible prepare everything upfront with the right $$ and come back in a week, or Two, or depends by eachother`s budget. (some could be back after minutes, others after weeks... so...)

I would also Suggest MA to add a Button for Fast Foward (FFWD) so instead of waiting 10h to Cyrcle whatever X amount of peds, MA could make a button to Speed up things, and make it in 1H for example, or 10 Mins, or whatever.

Why we should even bother to hunt / mining / crafting anymore when we could have an automatized system ......

Why not take it even further?

Crafting like you propose + when you go mining equip 1 or 2 skilled pets with shadow armors with mod nano + BP-130 and you can craft and hunt while you are mining.

OR

While I restock my shops I would like to have the crafting idea mentioned above, and then send out a mining DRONE to a specific area that I choose and that drone will take those 2 uber pets with him, and I can hunt, mine, craft, restock and even trade at the same time :)

Kidding aside.
Evey, I have great respect towards your knowIedge of the game but think this would be a bad idea, and I would love to go hunting while I craft(which I do a lot) but for the game balance (yeah its not great, but lets not make it worse), its much better this way.

True :bandit:

I think it should be more real going into UE5. Its rare these days that you would go to a physical auction, you'd just open the app on your phone. No one physically grinds away with a chisel or anvil when creating 5000 widgets. Just as you don't have often have a hardbacked book full of paper blueprints for building.

They could really do a lot with it, sure tell the machine to run it for you, but what if it jams? You need to get back in x time before it blows and destroys your stock! Making something expensive and artisan that will fetch a good price? Be there at the machine with a sequence or interactions to create a quality product.

Auction on an app. Friends list suggests people you may know ;). Crafting machines can run auto but be careful! Blue prints are not physical. Etc etc

Crafting as it is seems to be a great downtime activity. If you don’t have the time at the moment to sit attentively at the computer (or non attentively 😉), you can just set up a few hundred clicks to get some productivity from your avatar. I whip out some enhancers whenever I need to cook dinner or have a shower, or when my F machine is broken.

I think it would be nice to be able to queue different crafting runs and revisit logs, but I don’t think crafting as a full on background activity is necessary.

Many of us craft, hunt, mine and trade. I don't understand why you see these as totally separate gameplay. Each profession should support the others. I try as far as possible to source my own materials and like Katie when I need a a longer run of say components, I time it for when I need to do something in RL. Sure sometimes I come back and I DC'd or the machine gave me a 'cannot execute' but it is do-able. Also use the time to browse AH and buy stuff I probably don't need lol, and do my spreadsheets. However for crafting to be more interesting would be great.
Anything that makes us actually play the game rather than do things with a bot or remote device, has to be good for the economy. Too much automation will suit only those few that can afford huge runs, which in turn floods the market and kills off the smaller crafters/traders and kills the game

This is already built in game through the Orders functionality of the Auction and it's decentralized so anyone can work for you.

When you want something, make an order. It sits there until it's filled. Hunters fill the hunting loot orders, miners fill the mining loot orders, crafters do components, end products.

It's a good system but it could use some love. There's so many things missing that you can't order and there's more functionality that could be added to the auction itself. There should also be a series of missions for new players which make them create orders and to sell on auction, maybe giving them 10 commission-free listings to start them off?

Also, no to the OP. Economy is not large enough to sustain what would be the massive influx of crafted gear in an already oversaturated market.

Look at what hunters did to their economy. 200k of gear to barely scrape by until they get some lucky rare item. God forbid you are one of the ones who gets the rare items so infrequently that you actually lose even with amazing uber gear and skills (except for on mayhem.) Crafting is already headed in a direction similar to hunting unfortunately with more and more people coming in and tanking markets when they don't know what they're doing or are happy to pay 1k USD a month to get some skills so they can move on and tank a higher level market.

I can't imagine how bad it would be if the same people who throw 300k into gear and bankroll only to bot with 0 attachment to time or effort got to do the same thing with crafting. As much as it would be a quality of life improvement, I would bet all of my skills and PED that it would crush the economy down to a point even lower than it is now.

Professions in this game also feed off of each other to make the economy run. The more every person is able to do every thing themselves, the more markup in ALL fields gets reduced. I'm a crafter mainly, but I know where to hunt for anything I use. If I was capable of hunting while crafting and decided to get it myself, then hunters would have about 10-15k of extra hunting loot excess per day over what they do now. Not saying I'm making some significant difference, but many people would be in this same boat on both sides of the coin where they would no longer purchase things from other players nearly as much and therefore reduce what benefits they do have to the economy.

Last edited:

What do you guys think?
sorry not stacking craft with other activities
the meaning of a 600ish craft attempt per hour is to limit supply
if people can craft and mine or hunt the meaning of crafting as material sinking disappears
hunters just craft themselves the oils while hunting more fucking up the small conductor MU zone that also now is almost at BEP
and same for miners

the worst part is a miner/falxangius hunter that self craft outputs while hunting
we need more efficiency in AH system and avoid some "wise guys" cornering prices, not kill even more the already battered crafting profession.

as per the queue i am totally ok

Happy to see lots of interesting arguments, lots of funny comments too.

For those that think all hunters can turn overnight into auktuma, chill, crafting is a lot more complex than that. It takes many years and a lot of investment into getting the skills, crafting with low QR BPs ... huge bankroll is needed to lock into resources, components it's not for everyone.

Crafting queue would be amazing for everyone so it might happen at some point. Why not be able to break away from the crafting terminal after setting the task list? There's no need for player input after starting crafting, there's nothing you can do the game is locked... where's the fun in that? The highest crafters in this game do other activities anyway, like hunting (some of them do a lot of hunting) and sometimes when you ask a crafter for sometime they'll tell you they will make it later because at that point they rather hunt, why not be able to do both?

There are many bottlenecks in the game that MA should try and fix slowly slowly, especially going into UE5. A shitty bottleneck we're having at a start of a Mayhem is the damage enhancers bottleneck. Lack of time and maybe some manipulation, makes it impossible to find stacks of enhancers available. Yes I know, think ahead, stock up before, but it still happens on a large scale... would be great to be able to set up a queue list to make enhancers before I go hunt and pick them later on.

I'm aware this would give some people the idea of going lvl13 on forma and do ep4/shrapnel at same time, but it's not about that, it's about cutting down on bottlenecks...

Looking at how they do it in other games, I got this from Chat GPT, a list of popular MMO video games that feature remote crafting systems, allowing players to craft items without needing to be in front of a crafting terminal:

1. World of Warcraft
  2. Final Fantasy XIV
  3. Guild Wars 2
  4. The Elder Scrolls Online
  5. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  6. Black Desert Online
  7. RuneScape
  8. EVE Online
  9. Albion Online
  10. Neverwinter

Also ChatGPT gave a brief description of the crafting systems in the games mentioned above, highlighting the remote crafting capabilities:

1. World of Warcraft: In WoW, players can use the mobile companion app to remotely access their character's profession and crafting abilities. This allows them to craft items, manage auctions, and perform other related activities from their mobile devices.
  2. Final Fantasy XIV: FFXIV features a system called the "Retainer" where players can hire NPC retainers to manage their inventory, sell items, and undertake crafting and gathering tasks on their behalf. Players can remotely access their retainers and craft items through the game's companion app.
  3. Guild Wars 2: In Guild Wars 2, players have access to a crafting panel that can be accessed from anywhere in the game world. This allows them to craft items without the need for specific crafting terminals or stations. Additionally, the game features a system called the "Trading Post" where players can remotely buy and sell crafted items.
  4. The Elder Scrolls Online: ESO has a crafting system that can be accessed from any location. Players can craft items using the various crafting stations found throughout the game world or by using the crafting interface in their inventory. There is no requirement to be in front of a specific terminal.
  5. Star Wars: The Old Republic: SWTOR's crafting system allows players to craft items using their companions. Players can send their companions on missions to gather resources and craft items remotely, without needing to be in front of a specific terminal.
  6. Black Desert Online: BDO features a "Processing" system that allows players to remotely process gathered resources into more refined materials. This can be done from any location without the need for specific terminals.
  7. RuneScape: In RuneScape, players have access to a comprehensive crafting system that can be accessed from anywhere in the game world. Players can craft items using the crafting interface in their inventory without the need for specific terminals.
  8. EVE Online: EVE Online has an extensive industrial and manufacturing system where players can remotely create items and ships using blueprints and resources. Crafting and manufacturing can be done from any location without the need for specific terminals.
  9. Albion Online: Albion Online features a player-driven economy and crafting system. Players can remotely craft items using various crafting stations placed in player-owned territories or cities. The remote crafting system allows players to manage their crafting activities from anywhere in the game world.
  10. Neverwinter: In Neverwinter, players can access the crafting system from anywhere in the game world. The crafting interface allows players to create and upgrade various items without requiring them to be in front of a specific terminal.

As with anything, there are pros and cons. Solving some bottlenecks would be in the best interest of the game imo. There's nothing worst than to have a customers in your shop and not having product they want on the shelf. That's what bottlenecks do and people give up visiting your shop, be it enh shop or Entropia Universe...

Sure, as long as there are restrictions, amount of clicks or limited to certain bps.
I would like a portable auction terminal more instead. Putting your loot for sale on the fly without having to break the hunt. Or buy stuff you need without wasting time going back to auctioneer.

Crafting queue would be amazing for everyone so it might happen at some point.
See? while changing BOP is boring
( i know that i got 42% suiccess in enhancers so i can queue 250 each to get 100 produced in due time, fore ach tier to fill a mate order, or for AH posting,

| after starting crafting, there's nothing you can do the game is locked...
this is exactly the poinr and i am sorry, you are clever enough to understand the point of WHY
lets think about a stupid BP from huntloot
Simple conductor, just eye and mucle oil for level 1 then add adrenal for level 2 then add kidney for level 3 then add brain for level 4
you can understand that just killing in these days kerberos, argos, maffoid, lt and mulmun you can manufacture 15k of conductors of any tier hunting.,
the myth "you will not be auktuma" is just a wrong statement,
auktuma can manufacture probably some high end metal comp but
just 4000 click (under 3k ped) bring your conductor BPO to 93% success... this is the truth of crafting.
still there is some MU because of TIME USED TO CLICK
simple BASIC FILTER are used to make most armatrix amps, they need same craft time as Class D amps one has 2 pec tt other has 12.3 ped
so the small guy that use his 3 hours to manufacture basic filter is selling his GAME TIME in term of mu

of you zero out value of game time..... sweat goto zero, huntloot goto zero, craft prduction mu goto zero

time is money.... it is the crafting proposition.

if you want to manufacture, involve 4 friends and pass sthem resources to click.
if you want to hold craft risk i will lcick your oils for free, all QR100 BP and max skills :)

Last edited:
Ide like to set my weapon to go shoot for me too and I can do some crafting. Lol.

The whole thing behind crafting is people just sit there infront of it anyway and go afk anyway. Statues of entropia.

It would be great if MA could allow the Manufacturing terminals to operate without the player having to be there for every crafting attempt. I would like to be able to create a task list for the machine, maybe even a queue; add the materials, set the job and let the machine do its thing while I am afk, e.g. sleeping or eating

Modified [in bold] the original. Like others, I can get behind this idea. Doing small quantity crafting of multiple items can be time consuming and it indeed sucks having to stay at the computer to switch between the various items.

This could even be enhanced to the point of where you only select to craft some certain number of a complex item and all the necessary ingredients get added to the crafting queue that need to be crafted first, assuming you have all the required materials.

Also, adding an option to craft until you run out of resources completely. As you know, a portion of resources are returned back during the crafting run through partial success.

1. World of Warcraft
  2. Final Fantasy XIV
  3. Guild Wars 2
  4. The Elder Scrolls Online
  5. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  6. Black Desert Online
  7. RuneScape
  8. EVE Online
  9. Albion Online
  10. Neverwinter
Important FACT: None of these are RCE.

I see what you want, but its shortsighted and the longterm effect would be very negative.

It could work if you we limited remote crafting to limited blueprints. this would create a new market for limited bp´s.
Perhaps add limited bp´s in drops say simple conductors bp II (remote use only).

Remote crafting should take longer to craft.
Remote crafting should have a manufacture fee. Fee depends on how big craft.

Back