FYI: Crazy (senseless?) mining test

I predict one considerable and absolute tons of skillgains. *subscribing*

lol weird mining test, +Rep ^^
Don't forget to take the hour between each claim, if you find more than a claim…

Good luck

can't wait to see the result of this.
+rep

I did a 20 bomb in one spot in a mining test. All 1 sec after the other lol.

Done yet?? Really wanna know the results. Good stuff!

GO GO GO brother!:)

Seems like test is taking longer than it was supposed to or he had fallen asleep over keyboard...
C'mon mate, don't keep us away from the results!

ok, test done.

bad luck was with me, after approx. 2hours and 25mins I had a disconnect :(

Result:

I was standing in dome 7 (no mobs) right in the middle of the dome. Every 2 mins I dropped a bomb. A lot of other miners in this dome and the tower of "The gypsy Princess" is in there too.

Not a single claim found.
No (or minimal but can't see it) skill gains.

I think it's no difference if I stand there for 2 or 10 hours, my feeling is that if I don't move I can't hit something. Maybe I should redo this test but doing it for 5 or 10 hours to see if the results are similar.

Was fun till I had the disconnect. Sorry to write my result so late, but I was really tired yesterday night after this test.

Will try something else with my next crazy test.

regards,
crux :)

I predict one considerable and absolute tons of skillgains. *subscribing*

Hey Kerham,

have you done the test with the 100 bombs on the same spot?

If so, did you gained some skills?

Little stone on this thread...

When I have a glob or Hof on CND, I usually drop a bomb on the same claim before beginning the extraction and on at the end.

The result is different each time...

Once I got the Hof, I dropped a new bomb and got a glob and at the end of the extraction, I dropped a new one and got a new Hof :) (I know... this is just a HUGE luck).. because it happens too that I got noting on the 2 tries. :)

Personally I think it's randomly spotted....

Interesting to watch :)

Maybe I should redo this test but doing it for 5 or 10 hours to see if the results are similar.

10 hours! Oh your a brave and most patient man!

Interesting tests though, +rep!

Has any one done similar tests on the planet? If I understand itr correctly CND is very diffrent in mining then the planet.

10 hours! Oh your a brave and most patient man!

Interesting tests though, +rep!

Has any one done similar tests on the planet? If I understand itr correctly CND is very diffrent in mining then the planet.

not sure if I can keep it up for 10 hours but maybe I should give it a try. (not sure yet)

I test on CND atm, I think a similar test have been done on planet side.

Hi there,

I have read the thread where a player (sry, forgot the name) dropped 100 bombs on the same spot. I will re-perform the test tonight with a slight modification.

Test facts:

- standing at the same spot, no moving
- exact every 2 mins I drop a bomb (will use my cellphone as timer)
- test on CND, middle of biodome 6 or 7
- will drop 90 bombs, should be 3 hours

Equipment:

- nothing special, z20 without amp

Hope I can get through the 3 hours without beeing killed by any mob :D

I will post the crazy results here.

Post the coo so we can watch or be the judges in this matter , LET Us WITNESS THE ATH !!! :yay:

sorry, test is done ;)

next time I will post coords and time so you can be witness :D

thank you for the effort. i have always wanted to try this but i was scared it wouldn't be a good idea ;) good luck with you endevours

Hey Kerham,

have you done the test with the 100 bombs on the same spot?

If so, did you gained some skills?

Yes. I did once 100 probes in one spot and once 20 (or 30) bombs and 20(30) probes. In first case I got 1 very poor at probe #72 and rest nothing, in second case I got nothing. First was done at Segna, second at Ithaca. In both cases, almost each 2nd drop gave at least 1 skillgain, but with absolute honesty can't remember nor the tools i used nor the level I was so maybe if I was say lvl 10 was quite normal to get the skillgains.

Most probably each bomb brings a blacklist period. But in some days simply double/triple bombing gives result. Perhaps given the skill lvl you manage to "read" from first drop the whole radius of bomb? Also luck? Maybe when double bombing doesn't work and regular finds are < small (planetside, ores, respectively poor on enmat) should change area? Dunno nothing for sure :)

Anyway, I am 100% sure that the system does remember where and when you did your last drop and reacts to that.

Cheers.

Anyway, I am 100% sure that the system does remember where and when you did your last drop and reacts to that.
Cheers.

Thx for reply :)

The point I quoted is interesting because I have the same feeling. I really think I can do this test for 10 hours with similar result. The system won't let me find something if I do not change the coords. On the other side you wrote you found something at bomb nr.72 ? That would mean it IS possible to find something on exact the same spot. Or did you move a little? Or is planet side different to CND? Hmm...need a lot more tests up here on CND :D I'm just thinking about another test tonight....

an interesting theory develops ,, hmmm

On the other side you wrote you found something at bomb nr.72 ? That would mean it IS possible to find something on exact the same spot. Or did you move a little? Or is planet side different to CND?

I did found.

Generally isn't possible imo. When luck factor is up, you get a second/third chance so to say. Rest of drops I think only renew the blacklist and you only get the "default" respawn. As opposed to first time drops which adds in equation your luck factor. Imo.

I didn't moved at all.

Planetside must be different to CND, where CND means more chance for zero on short term. Which short term lately tends to be fechin long.

Another thing is I was dropping right after nrf message was disappearing. So say 7 drops/min or so.

I wanted to try this way of dropping bombs over time for a while, just no money to waste...

but...

SUGGESTION : I think you should consider using a different finder as well.

3min finder#1, 3min finder#2, 3min finder#3

that way u get a rotation every 10min+ for each finder and this can endup a better test.

but...

ur the master of ur test, u do what u want ;) just wanted to give a suggestion since most noob hit ATH with TT FINDER, a mix of tt finder, (L) and unl edition would had been a very interesting test.

gl ... suscribed.

Perhaps try 1 bomb each hour same spot. Would have to be dedicated to do that. 100hrs and being up once each hour. Something I can't do due to having a job and kids and mrs.

next time you should get about 50 other people together to help :) everyone with 90 bombs on 2minute timers in different spots!

muahahahaaa! rock the house :p

tower makes no difference , hit an 82 ped global rite next to someones tower in segna , when its ur time its ur time :D

subscribing, +rep

Back