Current ESI Drop Rate

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Are ESIs still dropping at a rate similar to earlier this year?

I haven't found an ESI in a long time/ a bit over 2 months. My cycle amount wasn't anything crazy, but a lot of it was on mobs that historically I remember having decent ESI rates. Here are some approximations of what I've killed in the time frame based on ammo purchases and repairs during hunts. The average DPP was roughly 3.1 overall. My last ESI looted was in May on a second entity gen 05, but my cycle was probably only about 40,000 hunting between then and September.

Gear
Ares perfected
Athenic augmented
lr 70-80 (L) with L-gamma and p20
LP 60-65 with l-alpha and p20
castorian mk5 T7 with melee trauma VI/ m matrix gamma

I'm not really a hunter and have just wanted to throw my hat in the ring with the token incentive and hunt for fun. Not a complaint thread, just curious on others results on large mobs or if ESI is just not dropping nearly as often as prior to TWEN tokens.

~42,300 PED Warrior Exterminator
~17,700 PED Warrior Elite
~7500 PED Warrior Commander
~3000 PED Drone Elite
~3500 PED Drone Exterminator
~2300 PED Warlock Gen 07
~3700 PED Spina Soldier Guardian
~7200 PED Spina Drone and Worker
~9100 PED Daspletor Stalker
~6500 PED Feffox guardian-prowler
~18600 PED Cyclops depths mobs. Mainly acolyte of onard, Onard the Faceless, Pyromancer Chalte, Master of the Guard, Reanimated Master of the Guard, and Overseer Rakzum
~6600 PED Maffoid mid-high maturity
~4000 PED Araneatrox low maturity
~14,300 PED Subject SH-30
~5700 PED Calamusoid Berserker Elite
~2100 PED hogglo low maturity
~8500 PED Cornoanterion low maturity
~3300 PED osseocollum young
~110,000 PED halloween annihilation 04-08
~14,300 halloween annihilation 10
~8500 PED leviathan, mainly guardian-prowler
~9200 Volcano mobs (malcruentor, kinfisher high maturity, fungoid high maturity, formicacida high maturity)
~4400 Kamaldon low maturity
~1250 Smuggler badger MK2
~2200 Smuggler Mech MK2

The rest of the mobs I don't think are significant for ESI drops or have historically low ESI rate

Last edited:
I’ve done around 500/600k a year for 4 years and haven’t looted an ESI.

At this point I thought they were myth

ESI is very limited in loot, sence the game dont want you to extract skills.
If they wanted you to do it, it would be more common.

Eve said on one stream when doing dasp that he sometimes gets like 5 a day and had just looted 700p one on dasp

I do indeed loot 5 in a normal day on dasp.
They are rare, but you need to understand how and where they drop if you want to loot them. The lower the HP of the mob and the lower the DPS, the lower the drop rate.

Don't think hoarding is a thing.

They are rare, but you need to understand how and where they drop if you want to loot them. The lower the HP of the mob and the lower the DPS, the lower the drop rate.

I was waiting for this :D .. so predictable tbh :) all u need is My uber gear and u are living Lavish lifesltyle :D

I would ask how many days u go wo any drops.. :D but not gona expect truthfull asnwer as u have agenda/narrative to folow ;)

but not gona expect truthfull asnwer as u have agenda/narrative to folow ;)

Everyone in life that you ever hear from has an agenda. You have an agenda.

It seems to me like your agenda here is to make people question the validity of posts that do not correlate to your beliefs. This is great, but it could have been done in a more eloquent manner.

When you do it this way, to me, it casts more of a shadow on you than it shines a light on the point/s you are seemingly trying to make.

Ps. I have an agenda with this post, otherwise I wouldn't have spent the time composing it. What is my agenda?

On topic:
My last ESI was about a month ago. I haven't noticed any difference in drop rate. Although they really drop too infrequently (for me) to draw any conclusions with the regards to the question at hand.

I would ask how many days u go wo any drops.. :D but not gona expect truthfull asnwer as u have agenda/narrative to folow ;)
It's easy to verify - ask high level hunters doing big mobs regularly, with high DPS.
I sometimes stream when doing high lvl mobs and I get on stream much more ESI on dasp than on Zychion robots even if I stream Zychion more than dasp.

And there's a very good reason for why dasp drop ESI more frequently.

Big dasp has the right HP as even a .5x loot can fit in an ESI and since dasp doesn't have as many other possible loots as other mobs have of similar HP on Caly - Zychion robots also have very good HP but a ton of stuff you can loot from that will replace the ESI - you have bear armor parts, polaris, thunderbird, amps, chips, swords, etc.

The best condition for a ESI to drop are:
- most important one - Calypso.
- during wave
- as less items in loot table as possible
- high HP, .5x multi has to be >20 PED
- high DPS - you compete with other hunters, I don't know if more than one drops per wave so the highest kill count will have the highest chance of getting one.

Big Eomons qualify for this as well but with a very high number of hunters the competition is very high so there could be days with 10 ESI or 3 days with none.

I was waiting for this :D
Glad to hear my posts brighten up your day! In return you could do me a favour and get off my dick

ESI is a wave loot
You need enough TT loot during wave to pass the TT check for it (without other items in the table to fill the loot)

So yes Evey is right.
High DPS -> Quick kill rate
Large mobs -> More tt in loot (esi has a tt threshold to drop). There's also a distribution difference for high lvl mobs, where the minimum multiplier is ~50% of kill cost. This helps with having more higher tt loots that are above the threshold for ESIs.

And just grind hard basically and hope your loot event aligns with the wave lol

More tt in loot (esi has a tt threshold to drop)
I think we could use a very well documented spreadsheet for this.

Glad to hear my posts brighten up your day! In return you could do me a favour and get off my dick
what dose this even mean? :D Told you while back when u did run crying to discord as i put a dislike on one of your fake sales posts your opinion is worth as much as Rick Englans one :D ..

what dose this even mean?
Not surprised you don't get basic thing liek that, when your iq matches your age, at best. When you don't want to accept the opinions of other people, you could ignore or provide some arguments or just go by your business and leave mine alone, basically. Could not care less what you think of me.

Just putting in my puny experience. i looted two ESI 20 ish ped each from the Cyrene Lupine event on Gen 0. i must've killed 100k lupines to loot those 2 ESI

i looted a couple this year, including a big one Düring the robot event. Most recent one was in a Araneatrox Stalker

It's easy to verify - ask high level hunters doing big mobs regularly, with high DPS.
I sometimes stream when doing high lvl mobs and I get on stream much more ESI on dasp than on Zychion robots even if I stream Zychion more than dasp.

Big dasp has the right HP as even a .5x loot can fit in an ESI and since dasp doesn't have as many other possible loots as other mobs have of similar HP on Caly - Zychion robots also have very good HP but a ton of stuff you can loot from that will replace the ESI - you have bear armor parts, polaris, thunderbird, amps, chips, swords, etc.

- during wave
- high DPS - you compete with other hunters, I don't know if more than one drops per wave so the highest kill count will have the highest chance of getting one.

Big Eomons qualify for this as well but with a very high number of hunters the competition is very high so there could be days with 10 ESI or 3 days with none.

Thanks for the info and input. The idea that the loot pool will choose between items that can replace ESI makes a lot of sense for why the Zychion robots aren't optimal for ESI. Kind of funny because part of the reason I choose the Zych Robots is because I think all the dumb little items they drop are fun, but it's been cucking my overall markup 😄
ESI is a wave loot
You need enough TT loot during wave to pass the TT check for it (without other items in the table to fill the loot)

So yes Evey is right.
High DPS -> Quick kill rate
Large mobs -> More tt in loot (esi has a tt threshold to drop). There's also a distribution difference for high lvl mobs, where the minimum multiplier is ~50% of kill cost. This helps with having more higher tt loots that are above the threshold for ESIs.

And just grind hard basically and hope your loot event aligns with the wave lol
Thanks Zho, I actually wasn't sure if it was wave loot or if a certain amount were allowed in the loot pool over certain timespans similar to how some of the mining systems work too keep some loots from being flooded.

cant complain about esi drop rate

edit* like for everything in this game , dps dpp effi and looter is key, not seperate . combined. the more the better
when it comes down to looting items then you go for dpp+dps
when it comes down to looting items + doing profit then it comes down to dpp+dps+looter+effi

- during wave

Evey is right on this, spend more = having big dps and gear that gives you alot of dpp boost like max crit chance and crit damage improves the chance. The right mob as been said. The bigger the mob the bigger the chances are for ESI drops sence smallest ESI is 10ped. 50ped mobs have chance on all loot accurence to gain an ESI , a normal atrox can only loot ESI during a boosted loot or global or hof. So going bigger gives you more items per mob killed.

cant complain about esi drop rate

edit* like for everything in this game , dps dpp effi and looter is key, not seperate . combined. the more the better
when it comes down to looting items then you go for dpp+dps
when it comes down to looting items + doing profit then it comes down to dpp+dps+looter+effi
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but having dpp won't force an item drop or change whether an item will appear in loot right? If you were going to get an item, then it just takes the place of shrapnel replacing the tt value, but having more dpp would just make the shrapnel a lower proportion of the drop when an item does come. In other words, someone with 250 dps and 3 dpp vs. someone with 250dps and 4 dpp will end up with the same items (limited armor parts, ESI, etc...) if they were to theoretically do the same hunt, but the guy with 4dpp will end up with less shrapnel. So DPP just makes each item find cost less on average.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but having dpp won't force an item drop or change whether an item will appear in loot right? If you were going to get an item, then it just takes the place of shrapnel replacing the tt value, but having more dpp would just make the shrapnel a lower proportion of the drop when an item does come. In other words, someone with 250 dps and 3 dpp vs. someone with 250dps and 4 dpp will end up with the same items (limited armor parts, ESI, etc...) if they were to theoretically do the same hunt, but the guy with 4dpp will end up with less shrapnel. So DPP just makes each item find cost less on average.
You are correct.

But I would like to add one point that is if I kill 100 mobs with 3 DPP weapon and another player shoots the same amount of ped on similar mob with 4 DPP weapon he will get 133 kills so more chance of item in same ped spent ?

You are correct.

But I would like to add one point that is if I kill 100 mobs with 3 DPP weapon and another player shoots the same amount of ped on similar mob with 4 DPP weapon he will get 133 kills so more chance of item in same ped spent ?
Yeah exactly, dpp is a big advantage for having higher markup proportionally to cycle amount. I just think there is often confusion around whether dpp brings in items to a specific drop instance that wouldn't have existed with lower dpp.

Back