Depo noob with great luck... read on.

Cobra

Guardian
Society
Ice Cold
Cobra
Here's my short story...... started Eu maybe 3 weeks ago and ended up depo a total of 200 usd tops. I chipped in some skills. And have hit MANY mini globals (40-49 ped). You can see my globals under my char name on the tracker, but most are under "ice cold" as ill group up and end up hunting solo afterwards (still in group) and as you can see, the 5 last ice cold globals and hof where mine.

My soc and a vet I know that plays finds my luck to be very unusual for a player.... a almost always make at least 130% profit on a typical hunt and that doesnt include globals. And today.... I hit 2 (or 3)globals in 10 min followed by a 3500 hof 30 min later....... least to say Im very fortunate.

Today I have profited over 4300ped.

As of this point I have full rascal and use a k400 w a104 amp. My highest professions are blp, both at 17. Not sure what laser is, but I am maxed with the korrs. I also have around 2500 evade.

My question
I was planning on saving most of it after I purchased a gremlin set and 2 plate sets ( impact and a burn set) but is this sound good? Also.... should I chip in anything else? I don't plan on ramping up my hunting, I love argos and drones. Low level mobs as well.

What would be the best way to keep my ped in game as I don't want to withdrawl? I prefer to save some (1k?) For the bad luck that I'm sure is coming :p

And this is the first post :D kickass game for sure..... very mature environment. I love It. I don't mind depositing a bit each month, ill put in my share (if I dont hof again and steal all the loot some more :p

I prefer to save some (1k?) For the bad luck that I'm sure is coming :p

i think you already have the right idea.luck in this game comes and goes like waves in the sea

so grats and good luck to you in the future

I did just exactly like you did, depoed 260 $ only though and ended up with 2x 3.3~3.4 k drones. I wish you luck and I am going back to those drones I think.

Thank you :D

Although I still ask how I should invest the other 3k into my avatar. Armor/skills? What should I go for?

I know someone who just depo'd $20 and within a few short weeks now has over 8.5kpeds :laugh:. Lucky darn guy... won't say who it is but very very lucky indeed & he knows it. So your story doesnt compare in the slightest since he has double what you have. But well done none the less, I like to see such stories to spur me on to hunt a lil more now and again just to see if I get a jackpot of my own.

Although I still ask how I should invest the other 3k into my avatar. Armor/skills? What should I go for?
I'd say forget the armour focus on skilling ie first aid perphaps. Having armour does help but after a while if you can handle a mob with that kind of evade & dps you should be fine without. Unless your can't ofc, then if your hunting drones and argos a lot maybe some Warrior armour with 2 sets of plates 2A & 6A would be a great setup for you. One I use if I ever go hunting. Gl to u & hope your success carries on. Imo I dnt think you even need Gremlin for those mobs unless you go up to higher maturities, otherwise just buy a better fap.

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

A Big GratZ m8 :yay:

The soc that rocks
:wtg: Ice Cold :wtg:

My rascal does great for argos.... perhaps I will plate it to increase its Eco? (wait, thats way too much protection....)

Yes, I do skill my healing (bioptric) and my goal is lvl 18 (i want to use the ARE heal so bad xD. Currently lvl 6

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

A Big GratZ m8 :yay:

The soc that rocks
:wtg: Ice Cold :wtg:

This is true..... if you aren't in a super friendly society that doesn't help all the time.... join us :D

We like noob lvl hunts! (cheap n fun) :p

And yes, we had a great run after the blah longtooth loot :D

If you profit, withdraw now ! ASAP -> before you end up broken and have to sell everything to play a little bit

:scratch:
You have a level where you have maxed a Korss400 within 3 weeks?
Without Chipping ?

only thing i could think of to buy would be plates and a nice amp... an ul SIB weapon if you end up WAY ahead..

gremlin is cheap, but overated IMO. you could get L armour that's better for bigger stuff, and it seems like rascal suits your needs better.

you'll have more fun skilling naturally than chipping, and are probably well on your way in the argo mission,

try to maximise the mu you get for stuff, and tt as little as possible... this will help you endure more of a bad streak without going broke and being forced to deposit,

grats on the success!!

As Lilac said, Rascal is ideal for what you enjoy hunting - Argos and Drones.
Add 2B/3B/5C/6A plates to it bigger drones and 5Bs for Impact/Cut/Stab mobs and you've got a very practical setup for a lot of things. Pixie+5As (16 Impact, 7 Cut) would also be a good choice to minimise your decay costs on Argos.

But the best armour available is your Evader and Dodger professions, so you might like to consider chipping in skills which improve those - see www.entropiawiki.com for a full breakdown of which skill does what and how much ;)

armor saves a lot.. it deceys not going to your mob loot pool, but to ma, so go hunt trox max. Maybe argonauts

:scratch:
You have a level where you have maxed a Korss400 within 3 weeks?
Without Chipping ?

yes its possible to skill that fast i know a guy, hes been playing 7 weeks now and hes maxed his isis LR48 :lolup: he just hunts like none other lol ie 20 hours a day

Clarification*
Every global I have gotten in the past I have used to chip in. If I remember correctly.... I have chipped in anatomy, rifle, blp weap tech, laser tech, evade. Maybe one or two more but this is all from memory...

only thing i could think of to buy would be plates and a nice amp... an ul SIB weapon if you end up WAY ahead..

gremlin is cheap, but overated IMO. you could get L armour that's better for bigger stuff, and it seems like rascal suits your needs better.

you'll have more fun skilling naturally than chipping, and are probably well on your way in the argo mission,

try to maximise the mu you get for stuff, and tt as little as possible... this will help you endure more of a bad streak without going broke and being forced to deposit,

grats on the success!!

I can land my jump (tp chip) in a massive mob of argos and easily survive as of this moment. K400 w a104 knocks em down in 7 to 9 shots so they go fast.

I will say I prefer the style of blp weapons, and I do have beast. I was advised to chip a lil to use the k400 for Its user Eco'ness and I will say there's a significant difference from the cb19 and beast. I would prefer to stick with blp (eww lasers)

Also, here's my other idea.

I was going to convert my solid ped to liquid ped. iE use all my ped for hunting, and save the loot. I would just need to check the.MU daily to maximize income, but is tgis a good idea?

I had a soc mate start the same time I did, we both depoed 20 to get off the ground and playing. I went broke, he hit a 12k belkar tower. I'm still depositing he has since withdrew and don't play anymore. I hate him... :laugh:

I had a soc mate start the same time I did, we both depoed 20 to get off the ground and playing. I went broke, he hit a 12k belkar tower. I'm still depositing he has since withdrew and don't play anymore. I hate him... :laugh:

That's pretty crazy. Mining is fun, but it sucks having to drill up 3k crude oil and having ur fresh tt driller needing repair halfway :)

Mining skills HP? o_O

Can possibly take lilacs advice if your planing on spending the ped. Otherwise I would just play eu, get markup, have a smart setup etc etc.. those peds will last a long while if your not in a rush to buy every gear you set your eyes on.

If you profit, withdraw now ! ASAP -> before you end up broken and have to sell everything to play a little bit

What you just typed is a contradiction. If you withdrawal it can't he end up broken too and have to sell things to play a little as well?

Lol? Bigest bs ivever hear

As Lilac said, Rascal is ideal for what you enjoy hunting - Argos and Drones.
Add 2B/3B/5C/6A plates to it bigger drones and 5Bs for Impact/Cut/Stab mobs and you've got a very practical setup for a lot of things. Pixie+5As (16 Impact, 7 Cut) would also be a good choice to minimise your decay costs on Argos.

But the best armour available is your Evader and Dodger professions, so you might like to consider chipping in skills which improve those - see www.entropiawiki.com for a full breakdown of which skill does what and how much ;)

I disagree about the chipping part... if you just enjoy grinding low level mobs and are profiting, the missions will give you plenty of evader and dodger related skills...

save your ped until you figure out a goal of what you want to achieve...

Yeah I was destroying argos for a bit today. I love It when u can't move from all the loot...... :D

Although I do have a goal..... I want to tier up a ul cb5 :D

First of all to JingyDai: Why the hell would he want to withdraw now?

Cobra: You have obviously been very luck. And you put money in. Keep doing it! As for what to buy next, I havent the faintest clue. You have done more in your short terrm than I have done after 5 years. But then again you have used more money than me. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you are in for the long hurl :)

3k ped hof after 3 weeks look realy amazing. To me it toked almost 3 years and 10x more in depo. but what i can say, this is the "dynamic" loot that we have.

Never blame the player but only the system! (a unfair one... )

Gratz on ur first uber m8! and welcome!

1- keep around 1k or 2k ped on storage to could make a bit trade if you hit a bad cycle.

2- dont want to grow faster, keep doing medium low mobs like argus drones molisks for some time.

3- a new armor would be cool but in my opinion that rascal plus a set of 5b and 6a plates is all you need for now. If you use lsr guns a A104 or maybe a A105 with the profit from the trade. (try maybe to complete a gremlin set to start to use in one year or so, ofc some parts are better to buy then to try to loot it hehe)

4- build at max all the stacks before sold it, so you make more from mu with the same auction fee

5- dont start to craft on condition! :D

Good luck.

Also, here's my other idea.

I was going to convert my solid ped to liquid ped. iE use all my ped for hunting, and save the loot. I would just need to check the.MU daily to maximize income, but is tgis a good idea?

This is an excellent use for your ped. You'd be suprised what sells for MU if you wait long enough :laugh:

That's pretty crazy. Mining is fun, but it sucks having to drill up 3k crude oil and having ur fresh tt driller needing repair halfway :)

You can certainly affort a better driller now ;)

Oh, and keep up the mindforce skilling--maybe branch out from healing to some attack chips if you haven't yet. It's not so eco, but sure is great fun!

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

As far as the gremlin set goes.... I'm getting a complete set for TT from a friend of mine who got me started. I think it is AT LEAST a decent Investment, and it will by my higher maturity armor for a long time. Plates of course.

I decided to not tier up a ul cb5 although I still would want one :)

Right now I'm saving all my loot that could be viable. Argo= skins, hides, paint, iron, extracters, fragments.

And HELL no I'm not crafting.......

F*$% no I'm not withdrawling! (seriously? Just started :p )

I was very very surprised to see that I was still profiting oin loot today..... starting to scare me o_O so now I will have poor loot for 2 years huh? (thinking its just random?)

Back