Deposit Problems...

Amigetman

Mature
Society
NBK Legion
MigetV500 D00fizzle Ummmmmmmmmmmdaaaaa
So i have a master card... Debit/Credit
And i use it all over to buy stuff from grocery store, restaurants, ect.

For some reason when i try to deposit on online games it says the card issuer doesn't allow the transaction :confused:

And EU doesnt use paypal.... so im trying this uKash thing.
Does anybody use it? i signed up for it and im so confused. How do i get these codes for uKash and all that stuff????????

Pretty sure ukash is not sold in the US (assuming you loc is correct).

You are probably going to find it easier to find an ultimate gamer card at a local 7-11 or Rite Aid.

See... i was thinking that, yes i do live in the US. but i dont understand why they even have the option in uKash when i registered to be from the US. o well. ya u think they might have at like walmart?

the gamerscard? or ukash?

As for the web site, they just show all the options, and in fact some people who live in the USA do buy it when they travel so it is good they don't lock it out.

oh ok thats true. haha, when i signed in for the uKash i was so confused wat was all going on, i was like this is nothing like paypal lol. But wish me luck that i can luckily find gamecards for EU. How common are these gamecards?

I don't normally like greendots - but this one is different. :laugh:

Green Dot prepaid debit cards :cheer:

hope you figure it out :thumbup:

I've never used that gamer card, and if it's reloadable without a fee - it could be your best bet. The greendot is reloadable but costs $5 to purchase/reload.

Still a good deal, if you don't have a usable debit/credit card.

ps - I do like most greendots - was just being silly.

So that would be like buying a visa gift card thinger?? like the cards you get for christmas that u can use anywhere lol.

$5 to buy and $6 monthly fee? I dont much like greendots either.

Isn't the gamer card $ 20 ?
It'd have to have free reloads and no monthly fee to make the $20 worth it.

and yes, the greendot is like a pre-paid visa, where you can use it anywhere - not just gaming sites.

also, there is no turning back once you purchase that 'gamer card' - no refunds, as per their website.

At least with a greencard, if you decide not to deposit, you can close and get a check in the mail - or spend it at a real life store. ;)

I guess they're in $10 or $20 increments, not a $20 fee.
But, somethings to remember when using the gamer card; that you don't have to worry about with greendot.

Q: Can I change my mind after I have redeemed a card?

A: No. All Ultimate Game Card sales are final per the Ultimate Game Card Terms of Service.

Q: Can I split the value of a card among games?

A: No. Once you have used your Ultimate Game Card to purchase a game, any remaining balance must be used for that game. Balances not transferable to another game.

Q: Can I use my card for games not on your list?

A: No. The Ultimate Game Card may only be redeemed with Games and Services that are available on the Ultimate Game Card website, found on the Redeem Your Card page.

you can close your account and get your money back from a greendot.
you can spread the money amongst different games.
you can use a greendot for any game you choose, or real life vendor for that matter; that takes mastercard and visa.

I guess they both have pro's and con's .. but I like something where I have some options; in case I change my mind. ;)

Last edited:
Isn't the gamer card $ 20 ? It'd have to have free reloads and no monthly fee to make the $20 worth it.

Umm... no....

It is consumed, think of it as a one time use $20 card. No reloads, you pay $20 cash and get a number that is worth $20 of credit in their systems.
Now their are fees charged turning that into peds, but so is there with the cc.

so there is no recharging at all, and no monthly fees , or anything to remember to cancel. The catch is you have to buy in amounts the fees dont trap... but not having something with a monthly fee is more then worth a little math to me.

and yes, the greendot is like a pre-paid visa, where you can use it anywhere - not just gaming sites.

also, there is no turning back once you purchase that 'gamer card' - no refunds, as per their website.

At least with a greencard, if you decide not to deposit, you can close and get a check in the mail - or spend it at a real life store. ;)

I guess they're in $10 or $20 increments, not a fee. But, somethings that turned me off about the gamer card :

Please have the cutesy to at least post replies not go back and keep editing already replied to posts.

Here is my thoughts, he asked about ukash, ukash work pretty much the same way, converts cash into an online credit you can buy at retail. If you are planning to put $30 in EU and don't buy it then put it in EU pretty much in the same day, I think you would be an atypical user.

Hence the gamer card referral, to match ukash, there are far better option if what is wanted is a prepaid debit card fee wise then the greendot.

Isn't the gamer card $ 20 ?
It'd have to have free reloads and no monthly fee to make the $20 worth it.

I guess they're in $10 or $20 increments, not a $20 fee.
But, somethings to remember when using the gamer card; that you don't have to worry about with greendot.

you can close your account and get your money back from a greendot.
you can spread the money amongst different games.
you can use a greendot for any game you choose, or real life vendor for that matter; that takes mastercard and visa.

I guess they both have pro's and con's .. but I like something where I have some options; in case I change my mind. ;)

and you have also instantly lost your fees you paid, paying 25% or so in guaranteed loss to be able to get back the other 75% if you change you mind on the way home seems a pretty high price to pay, but then I guess I don't buy things on that much of a whim I would not just put it into EU once bought for that reason.

So i have a master card... Debit/Credit
And i use it all over to buy stuff from grocery store, restaurants, ect.

For some reason when i try to deposit on online games it says the card issuer doesn't allow the transaction :confused:

Actually this does remind me, you could try calling the issuer and tell them that it is you trying to make the charge to EU... and then they may start to allow them to go through.

Re: Daniellie putting a reply in an unreplyable place.

Sure you can edit, but it is not a polite way to converse on a forum. And no, you must have forgot to refresh, as it did not..... and in order to be done being polite to me, you had to be polite to me to start with.

Re: Daniellie putting a reply in an unreplyable place.

Sure you can edit, but it is not a polite way to converse on a forum. And no, you must have forgot to refresh, as it did not..... and in order to be done being polite to me, you had to be polite to me to start with.

blah blah - the first edit, did come before your post. I just happened to edit it again, later - to share some of the details about the gamer card.

I'll post how I feel like posting and not worry about being perceived as polite ... just as I have done now for 3.5 years. ;)

your last comment .. whatever, dude. :rolleyes: :handjob: :sniper:

good luck to the original poster, getting your depo problems figured out. ;)

Danielle - over and out of this thread -

omg look - the nerve of me .. I editted my own post. :laugh::nana: :poke:

Last edited:
blah blah - the first edit, did come before your post. I just happened to edit it again, later - to share some of the details about the gamer card.

I'll post how I feel like posting ;)

your last comment .. whatever, dude. :rolleyes: :handjob: :sniper:

good luck to the original poster, getting your depo problems figured out. ;)

over and out

omg look - the nerve of me .. I editted my own post. :laugh:

When you edit a post that has been quoted and replied to to change the flow of a discussion, yes, that is rude. Not to mention the poor use of your senior rights.

:wave:

Amigetman :
mastercard prepaid cards

those look reasonable, without a buncha extra fees, restrictions, limitations, etc.
plus, it's from MasterCard directly - so your money should be safe.

Good luck figuring it out and joining the many of us who have deposited and wished we hadn't, later. :laugh: :tongue2:

Last edited:
Thanks so much, i really would love to deposit but i just though if i use a prepaid visa/mastercard ect. i wouldnt be able to withdrawal if i ever wanted to....... ugh. Somehow someway i gotta figure out how to make my debit/credit master card work. It makes no sence that im not able to.

If anybody know if theres some way to let me use my card for online uses instead of just swiping it at local stores let me know.
Thing is ive used it to buy concert tickets online and i got them through the mail.

Yet it wont let me depo on this game, and when i used to play runescape it wudnt let me pay for membership with it.....

This is so frustrating hahahaha but thx for all the advice once again. I love the EU community.

Thanks so much, i really would love to deposit but i just though if i use a prepaid visa/mastercard ect. i wouldnt be able to withdrawal if i ever wanted to....... ugh. Somehow someway i gotta figure out how to make my debit/credit master card work. It makes no sence that im not able to.

If anybody know if theres some way to let me use my card for online uses instead of just swiping it at local stores let me know.
Thing is ive used it to buy concert tickets online and i got them through the mail.

Yet it wont let me depo on this game, and when i used to play runescape it wudnt let me pay for membership with it.....

This is so frustrating hahahaha but thx for all the advice once again. I love the EU community.

I'd check with the bank that issued the credit card - sounds like it doesn't allow much in the way of online transactions.

As to the ultimate gamer card, it is a somewhat expensive form of deposit (for example, I believe it costs $13 to deposit 100 ped). You can check the prices by selecting the UGC option on the EU website.

Thanks so much, i really would love to deposit but i just though if i use a prepaid visa/mastercard ect. i wouldnt be able to withdrawal if i ever wanted to....... ugh.

Even if you deposit with a prepaid card, you'd still be able to withdraw. But you do need a bank account for them to transfer the funds into, if/when you do withdraw. :wise:

Somehow someway i gotta figure out how to make my debit/credit master card work. It makes no sence that im not able to.

you could try calling the issuer and tell them that it is you trying to make the charge to EU... and then they may start to allow them to go through.

That's going to be your best and easiest bet. You're already a customer of theirs, they should do what they can to help you figure it out. :D

IF for some reason they don't - I think that the gamers' card that Rotrap suggested, looks the most hassle-free to use if you just want to try it out. Greendot cards are $5 reload fee and a monthly fee of $5, so if you're just using it to deposit ... it's expensive. :/

lol :eyecrazy: Yea .. just call your bank .. every time you have to buy one of those cards .. that's peds you could have in game ! :laugh:

Good luck and don't smack anyone in this thread later, if you end up losing it all back into EU ! :laugh: :tiphat:

HAHAHAHAHA! that last line made me lol. i wouldnt i love playing this game for fun and to get my skills up.
Ya greendot thing with that charge didnt look like my boat of fun.

So somehow im going to try to get into contact with my back so i can do somthing about this :wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

The credit union I belong to issues Visa prepaid cash cards. I have used those with no problems. On top of that they charged zero dollars to issue them.

like i went to walmart yesterday and they have visa and master cards that i think are just like a giftcard you can spend anywhere. but once it runs out its gone.

As a few others have said, it's best if you contact your bank. Considering it's a foreign transaction, from a gaming site, your bank might look at this as suspicious. Find out how you can authorize charges from Mindark PE in Sweden... might be able to resolve your problem without looking further.

On another note, be aware that a lot of US banks charge a foreign transaction fee. It's not a lot, much less than you would pay to activate and use a one-time or reloadable visa/mastercard. I think it's something like $0.30 for every $10 or so.... Usually, I was charged .60 for a $20 deposit, but only $1.20 for a $50 deposit.

Hope you are able to get things sorted.

you can goto walmart or target and get prepaid visa gift cards. many banks and credit unions will offer them as well.

i also believe you can get some sort of "gamer" card at walmart as well.

good luck with this

kosmos

i just sent my bank an email hopefully i get a good reply, once again thanking everybody on this thread for all the help. Your the best :)

ITS OFFICIAL! :yay:
i made my first depo of 20 dollars haha

I emailed my bank and they said i can only make a transaction in the next 2 days, then they gonna block it again... bc its out of the country

But they said if i want to again just call or email them :)

glad it worked out btw welcome to eu ;)

why thank you =) im excited haha.

Back