Disable the ability to ride or drive vehicles by newbie!

WOW doesn't allow the user to use vehicles till level 80

Should be a similar limitation here

Same goes for auction slaots, but we know MA don't give a fuck about that issue

So you are saying it is a bad thing that new player comes and buys Quad in his first day in Entropia like someone i am playing did today? :)

the more restrictions there is for new players the more likely they will just leave instead of stay.

1. Disable each Revive Terminal until you visit and Operate it, so no dyring or T'ing to get to a Teleporter.
  2. Switch the locations of Amethera and Eudora, so that Port Atlantis is at the bottom-left "corner" of the map.
  3. ONLY give new players the Port Atlantis New Arrival Teleporter when they start.
  4. Disallow new players from using TP Chips, Vehicles, and space ship summons.
  5. Implement a driver's license test in a city at the top-right corner of the map. This allows you to drive and ride vehicles when you pass. Returning another sort of test or challenge here gives you the ability to accept summons to Mothership and Privateers.
  6. When you collect all Teleporters and Revive Terminals, you gain the ability to use TP Chips (and maybe you get a free TP Chip I).
  7. Make decoys cost 5 PEC each so that people can actually run places. :D

Seems that vehicles are overused or in anti-social ways.

The damn things probably cause more damage than good imo, because the TP run / social interaction thing is not optional to this game, but essential.

Rather than restricting them until you get to a certain level, just have plenty of decent size areas, which are interesting, but where you can't use your vehicle. So you park up that Quad now and then, instead of dropping it on ava's heads in Twin or wherever.... that is just lame.

Yes, we all have one... so what?

So you are saying it is a bad thing that new player comes and buys Quad in his first day in Entropia like someone i am playing did today? :)

the more restrictions there is for new players the more likely they will just leave instead of stay.

It won't feel that way when a new player join ingame. He/she would see at as an important goal to achieve.. and will be active ingame to achieve that!

The knowledge one would aquire through interaction with other players (mentor or social) will have much more positive felling/impact!

Maybe in some areas we need some airborne mobs that go after aircrafts so people have to use the ground. Or maybe the robots can build some flak artillery to the same effect. Just a thought.

WOW doesn't allow the user to use vehicles till level 80

Should be a similar limitation here

Same goes for auction slots, but we know MA don't give a fuck about that issue
intersting idea with auction slots... maybe get one auction slot per level til you gain em all?...

I honestly don't think this is a good idea, nor do I think that it could be well implemented.

Of course that is just my opinion.

I do not agree w/ u Infinity on this.....plz dont torture newbies.

TP's should only be in main cities get rid of all the others so vehicles are required to get to those areas or walk the old fashioned way. This would be much better improvement I think.

Edit: TP exception is for land area's if owners want them and pay for them they can place them anywhere they want.

I say let people use vehicles as they wish also, new players want to drive, fly etc they don't want to have to bull shit around for months to get a chance to do this stuff. If they deposit they should be able to do whatever they want without restrictions. They are paying for it after all.

I would agree with that in a way.

The newbie does need to be tempted, and there does need to be unfairness to older players. But I don't think that the newbie's steps should be easy, not in a game where the gameplay is so vastly lengthy.

The temptation should be in form of the core (ie money, peds), and then in the prospect of the bells and whistles (eg vehicles). Part of the problem in the game, it seems to me, is the amount of resistance that a lot of people here in the forums (also an attitude on Calypso itself) have to the idea of extending credit to non-depositors. We should be pouring money into sweat gathering, and other things, for newbies.

Players like easy start. If the first steps are too hard, just quit and delete.

TP's should only be in main cities get rid of all the others so vehicles are required to get to those areas or walk the old fashioned way. This would be much better improvement I think.

Now there's a good idea and of course LA owners should not have special privileges. It would make sense that TPs can only be found in the densely populated areas, so to speak, it would make it more of a challenge and of course one would experience EU differently.

I say let people use vehicles as they wish also, new players want to drive, fly etc they don't want to have to bull shit around for months to get a chance to do this stuff. If they deposit they should be able to do whatever they want without restrictions. They are paying for it after all.

Short term your plan looks good..

Again, people are driven by a goal that is a bit harder but achievable, and very useful....IMHO that is the catch here.

Also, for the longer term, to retain both new and older players..it's important to know the game and have decent interaction with other players, especially social aspect of it.

Last edited:
One of the greatest downfalls for entropia has that so many different things can take so much time. Remember when you used to loot 300 animal hide per mob, getting over weight in a mob or two, stop refine. And when you couldnt carry alot of ammo because once again you would hit the limit and run slow.

Alot of these time wasters have been corrected, thumbs up for that. Biggest time drain is space travel now.

But the point is, dont make the game slower to play, let every noob chose for himself how he wants to gather tps.

On a side note: How many noobs over the years have started to play entropia, ran around in the woods, got killed and ended up in a outpost he really couldnt get out from because of mobs all over?

When you think about it, there might be 100s of players lost that way over the years.

In essence, dont put up more restrictions on what a new player can do. Let them run if they want, or let them use a vehicle if they want.

On a side note: How many noobs over the years have started to play entropia, ran around in the woods, got killed and ended up in a outpost he really couldnt get out from because of mobs all over?

When you think about it, there might be 100s of players lost that way over the years.

That actually made me stay, i was stuck in the Falx LA with no tp chip for almost 2 days, damn things were everywhere but i finally got out and felt quite proud and i didnt give up, now i can hunt them, the tables have turned.

Not everybody wants easy.

Again, people are driven by a goal that is a bit harder but achievable, and very useful....IMHO that is the catch here.

A majority of the dozens (or more) newbies I have spoken to have been very happy there are no restrictions to vehicles so there is something fun they can do without having to skill up first, or finish a crapload of other things to be able to do.

A majority of the dozens (or more) newbies I have spoken to have been very happy there are no restrictions to vehicles so there is something fun they can do without having to skill up first, or finish a crapload of other things to be able to do.

NightHawk, you are missing the point...
Everybody enjoys using vehicles... and nobody is disagreeing with that.

And this is what I'm asking for! To make use of this feeling of need, and feel happy!

With the introduction of vehicles, EU lost 2 important aspects.

1. New players are not having longer direct interactions with more advanced players - as such less likely to learn and understand the game better.

2. Less social interaction that helps form bonds.

The outcome of those 2 are less knowledge, frustration ... less bond with the game.... resignation ... less retention!

Disabling Vehicles for newbies will bring back those aspects.

Just think about the hummer a discple get after graduation.... if there were no vehicle use for the newbie it'd have been a huge incentive to graduate faster.

Also think about the iron missions... we do them coz there are specific goals to reach, and we get useful rewards... Personally i've not done many 500 kill point missions coz the reward were nova...not useful to me.

Anyway, my whole point was to make use of something everybody would want to have... in a way to enhance a player knowledge about the game, and social interactions. And again these are the essential ingredients to keep a player in the game for longer period... which MA needs badly!

Hey,

i think this is a very very bad idea. Would vote against it any time and i'm really glad MA doesn't listen too much. I always liked that, but that's another topic.

I do understand where you are coming from, but not everyone wants to talk to people or interact or do anything with other people. When i started, i didn't. I didn't have much of a choice, cuz none of those systems existed yet, but i prolly wouldn't have used a mentor system or tp runs or stuff. I always like to do stuff on my own and i think people should have the choice to do it. Just because you think people "miss out" on what you like/liked doesn't mean they should be forced to do it. (sounds kinda harsh but i couldn't word it better, no offense what so ever :) )

I also think, that restrictions have no place in Entropia. One could always do anything with enough money. And thats part of what i love about this game. This is not WoW where you need to skill up to ride some dragon or what not. I would hate to see that change now. Luckily i think MA would never change stuff like that.

Regards
Thark

Back