disconnect bug

TheVoid

Prowler
Society
Feed The Newbs
Freelancer
I don't know how many ppl have this bug but I find it realy annoying.

Everytime I try to play EU I get disconnected 10 mins after I login, I can even be extracting a claim and lose connection for no reason.

the strange thing is that if I login right away I don't get the "your avatar is alredy online" message, so this means:

1. The server droped the connection and the client was notifed
  2. the client droped the connection and the server was notified

either way it's not a connectivity problem

I already sended a support case but got no response, not even that copy past message with Regards in the end

MA this should be on top of your list, I used to play hours every night but now... I don't even feel like playing anymore

not in this section I think

I have checked with other members and the disconnect time it's 6 mins

here is a image

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

this is the reply i got from MA support, i had already done all this so as it's a pretty obvious first step so guess im up shit creek without a paddle :)

2009-10-31 19:03 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Are you referring to this forum thread? https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/169189-disconnect-bug.html

We cant see anything in the server logs that indicates that it is the server dropping you, however, we can confirm that your sessions are ending after being logged in for approximately 6 minutes each time since 2009-10-28 13:16:09.

We dont know the exact reason why you are experiencing this problem. We suggest you follow these steps to sort this out:

1. Do a complete uninstall of Entropia via the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs

2. Delete the folder “Entropia Universe” manually from C:\Program Files if it is still there
after the uninstallation.

3. Uninstall everything related to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

4. Delete your Windows temporary files

First, you will need to delete the standard Windows temporary files:
Click on the Start button.
Click Run.
Type temp into the available text field and click OK.
In the new window that opens, click on Edit at the top and choose Select All.
Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes to All.
Next, you will need to delete temporary files specific to your login:
Click on the Start button.
Click Run.
Type %temp% in the available text field and click OK.
In the window that opens click on Edit at the top and choose Select All.
Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes to All.
When you've finished emptying your Temp folders, be sure to empty your Recycle Bin:
Locate the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop.
Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
This may take a few minutes if there are many files.

Try deleting the files in these folders:

For Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp

Delete all patches in this folder, the ones that start with “Update”...
C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe

For Windows Vista:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\”Your User”\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia

Reboot your computer and then install Entropia again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

well that did jack shit as expected.

LOL

thats a nice way to buy time :)

they think it's a client side but but I haven't seen any information in the event viewer

I wonder if there is any way to enable some kind of client log so we could see what's going on

yeah a few patches ago i cant even log on any more. maybe a different issue but somehow it seems related. trying all sorts of port forwarding but nothing works anymore. i used to play hours and hours, but cant any more. oh well, no play no depo, not good for MA and not good for loot pool

this bug is in the avatar...

I friend just loged in my pc and he didn't disconnect after the 6 mins

so does MA want me to get bored of the game :confused:

I don't know how many ppl have this bug but I find it realy annoying.

Everytime I try to play EU I get disconnected 10 mins after I login, I can even be extracting a claim and lose connection for no reason.

the strange thing is that if I login right away I don't get the "your avatar is alredy online" message, so this means:

1. The server droped the connection and the client was notifed
  2. the client droped the connection and the server was notified

either way it's not a connectivity problem

I already sended a support case but got no response, not even that copy past message with Regards in the end

MA this should be on top of your list, I used to play hours every night but now... I don't even feel like playing anymore

Happens to me during the first hour of playing... Almost every time. I just wait a minute, and once I relog, it does not do it for the next few days?

this bug is in the avatar...

I friend just loged in my pc and he didn't disconnect after the 6 mins

so does MA want me to get bored of the game :confused:

hmmm, very intersting, only one way for me to test that out :)

I just created an avatar for a friend sat here and logged into his avatar with my pc and have no issues what so ever so yes good find, seems to be the avatar is sick :) time to tell MA support before they get some other person to totoally uninstall, reinstall and wait 4 hours for updates due to joke speeds.

gl

Last edited:
Well i did have the same problems getting dc... I just got MA to reset my Avatar, Haven't had a problem since... Might work for you too

Im pleased to say i am now fixed.

I recieved an email saying my support had been updated, on checking i saw they had relocated my avatar from CND to Corinth, so i waited the 6 mins and bam i got dissconnected yet again.

Sure wish i read lexus's post more carefully and asked to be reset not relocated :))

Anyway i was spewing i was now at corinth and it still didnt work, so i msged support again and asked i could be sent back to CND so i didnt have to pay 25 ped :) yes im a cheapskate.

And not 10 secodns later as i was complainign to a friend i was wisked to CND
and my avatar had been reset.

The reset fixed my 6 minutes and logged off problem :) im now in for the long haul.

So it's a RESET you need on your avatar to fix these issues it seems, thansk again Lexus and others

I wonder why they didn't try that in the first place lol

updating my support case :)

thanks for the info Lexus :thumbup:

well I still have the problem

support hasn't replied to my request to reset my avatar :bomb:

keep your emil program open so as soon as you get a reply from them that its been updated you can log in fast, they were obviously still at my support wehn i replied in the support so they did everythign there and then with me and as i said "nah that diodnt work can you reset me, they reset me 30 secodns later.

i pm'd you the info you were after anyway so gl mate

Reseting my user fixed the problem but now my key mapping was changed to the new one, it sucks :(

I wish we could change the all keys...

well, I still have the disconnect problem, but now I know what is causing it.

it may sound very strange but every time I try to create a key for my MK II or my Marber Echo the game disconnects after a few minutes. When I log again the key(s) was(were) not saved.

I already reported this to MA and they are looking into it, I wonder if anyone else has this problem

yeah i was setting a fap key and bam it all started happening to me yet again, and evertime i was reset back to before i made changes and sometimes even back to where i was when i made them.

It lasted longer than 6 mins htis time, around 10 to 20 mins then bam dc again.

I ended up disconneting everything net wise and shutting it down for a while, router, pc you name it and so far so good, even made the fap hotkey and im connected for aslong as i want to be now.

gl void

Disconnect Bug

Last Sunday (1stNov) was horrible for me! Team hunting with my soc m8s and gettin DC every 6 mins! Not only that, i would leave the team every 3rd time right when the mob was looted!:mad:

Have since sent a support case but have noticed some things that differ between avatars.

My girlfriends avatar experiences no DC no matter how long she is on.

My girlfriends father's avatar had no issues till he came down to visit and logged onto our network to play.

Have since altered the router and any firewall settings and the DCs have stopped for me, but my gfs dad's avatar still gets the DC.

So is this still an avatar related issue, i know some people have had theirs reset and the problems go. But why then is my gfs dad's avatar getting DC in 1 place and not the other???

What are your thoughts??:scratch2:

Last Sunday (1stNov) was horrible for me! Team hunting with my soc m8s and gettin DC every 6 mins! Not only that, i would leave the team every 3rd time right when the mob was looted!:mad:

Have since sent a support case but have noticed some things that differ between avatars.

My girlfriends avatar experiences no DC no matter how long she is on.

My girlfriends father's avatar had no issues till he came down to visit and logged onto our network to play.

Have since altered the router and any firewall settings and the DCs have stopped for me, but my gfs dad's avatar still gets the DC.

So is this still an avatar related issue, i know some people have had theirs reset and the problems go. But why then is my gfs dad's avatar getting DC in 1 place and not the other???

What are your thoughts??:scratch2:

A friend loged in my computer and had no problems, he doesn't play anymore so I don't know if his avatar has any problems now

I'm still disconnecting and support is clueless :scratch2:

oh well

problem still not fixed, keep up the good work... :scratch2:

if I took so long to fix a bug in one of my applications I would be fired by now :rolleyes:

problem still not fixed, keep up the good work... :scratch2:

if I took so long to fix a bug in one of my applications I would be fired by now :rolleyes:

Is it the old vu10 keyboard hotkeys issue affecting you I wonder? This issue kept some of us out of the game for upto two weeks. I think they said it's fixed but you know MA they fix stuff then break it on the next update :laugh:

When you reassign your keys do NOT hotkey any ITEMS to the * set. You can edit the * set and move the keys around and add the same ones from that section of the book just don't add guns/faps etc. and don't add any of the * set to the other sets so they are kept seperate.

No idea if it'll work but might be worth a try :dunno:

Is it the old vu10 keyboard hotkeys issue affecting you I wonder? This issue kept some of us out of the game for upto two weeks. I think they said it's fixed but you know MA they fix stuff then break it on the next update :laugh:

When you reassign your keys do NOT hotkey any ITEMS to the * set. You can edit the * set and move the keys around and add the same ones from that section of the book just don't add guns/faps etc. and don't add any of the * set to the other sets so they are kept seperate.

No idea if it'll work but might be worth a try :dunno:

I get disconnected if I try to create a key to some of my weapons, if I don't have any keys to those items I don't have a problem. But it sucks to have to open inv to equip the item everytime I need it :s

after I get disconnected and login again the key for the weapon is gone.

It's probably a problem when the game tries to create the key on the server side

I get disconnected if I try to create a key to some of my weapons, if I don't have any keys to those items I don't have a problem. But it sucks to have to open inv to equip the item everytime I need it :s

after I get disconnected and login again the key for the weapon is gone.

It's probably a problem when the game tries to create the key on the server side

Then maybe you need to message support again in a new case and ask them to reset your avatar. I had the same issues, guns and faps not staying hotkeyed and the keyboard issue was the problem where I was trying to set them to the * set.

Well MA really did a great job...

it took them 8 months to fix my disconnect problems (Last VU finally fixed it)
Great Job MA

Back