DNA torrent de-installed :) Update fails :(

McCormick

Deactivated Account
Society
La Faction Beta -LFB-
Ok, DNA messed with my internetspeed as it was still present in the taskmanager. :mad:

I kicked it of my HDD and everything is okay now.

I still get this f*cking "Yes/No" message, which seems to be the "Want to use torrent ?" thing. But I cant tell BECAUSE it is empty !!!! :mad:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Now I choose "No" (Nein) and it starts to update via the client...but it doesnt. "An error occured"

And I still have this Update_10.3.0.0-10.3.0.35944 (2.9GB) file in my desktop. Do I have to install it manually ? Is it already installed ? Maybe thats why the error comes up ?

I dont want to download it again !!!!1111

Merry xmas ! :) :mad:

I had a similar problem.. I double clicked on the installation file (mine was in the folder Entropia Universe) and the installation startet.

Ok, DNA messed with my internetspeed as it was still present in the taskmanager. :mad:

had similar issue...
I did stop him , but it autostart again when computer start ... had to remove it from hdd...

This show that DNA is total BS...

Why the hell MA didnt use a normal torrent....

The reason they dont use a normal torrent to download it is so no one gets their hands on the update files as far as I can tell. Notice how the updates are used then deleted instantly? Notice the VU content list mentions encrypted contents - I believe that this is why they have used that piece of shit DNA - to try to stop people getting their hands on the update files. I could be wrong but its just my 2 pec... :)

this is one of the reasons i let the update come purely from the client loader.

Torrent can be a bitch at the best of times.

and had never head of DNA till this update which is never comforting

The reason they dont use a normal torrent to download it is so no one gets their hands on the update files as far as I can tell. Notice how the updates are used then deleted instantly? Notice the VU content list mentions encrypted contents - I believe that this is why they have used that piece of shit DNA - to try to stop people getting their hands on the update files. I could be wrong but its just my 2 pec... :)

Actually both last update files (2,9 and 600 something MB) are still on my desktop where they were downloaded, even after install.

The reason they dont use a normal torrent to download it is so no one gets their hands on the update files as far as I can tell.

???
what you mean....
You get the file on your computeur with the clien and with DNA... what it change from normal torrent?
and instaler is an installer...
I dont understand what you mean ...

Half your luck if the update files still exist for you - mine were deleted after they were used to update EU - I even tried several undelete programs and they are not recoverable at all.

???
what you mean....
You get the file on your computeur with the clien and with DNA... what it change from normal torrent?
and instaler is an installer...
I dont understand what you mean ...

OK what I mean is that when we have an update the client loader downloads the update files to a temp directory. It then proceedes to move it to the EU directory where it runs the update files. After they have been run it instantly deletes the update files.. This way EU gets updated and the actual update files are not available to the end user to try to "hack" etc.

The DNA torrent client doesnt give you the option of where you want to save the update - or give you access to a .torrent file so you can use a different client. I believe that this is a piss poor attempt from MA to stop people from getting their hands on the update files themselves...

Not that this is a very effective way to stop people from getting the update files - I have every update since VU 10.0 in a directory ready for the next time I have a problem and need to re install from the start again...

Client started downloading....40kb/s...5 hours left. No ty -_-

OK what I mean is that when we have an update the client loader downloads the update files to a temp directory. It then proceedes to move it to the EU directory where it runs the update files. After they have been run it instantly deletes the update files.. This way EU gets updated and the actual update files are not available to the end user to try to "hack" etc.

well , you just stop the install when the file is finish to download , and you can get your hand on it...also what is the point to "hack" an instal file ? you dont need a activation code to use EU ... so why the hell do that ?
people prefert to just wait the instal to finish , and then go to installed files , its faster and better...

The DNA torrent client doesnt give you the option of where you want to save the update - or give you access to a .torrent file so you can use a different client. I believe that this is a piss poor attempt from MA to stop people from getting their hands on the update files themselves...

the dna did put the file on the default download directory , in my case on desktop , and did not delette them...
so what is diference with notmal torrent , beside it have only default and no advantage of torrent ?

Not that this is a very effective way to stop people from getting the update files - I have every update since VU 10.0 in a directory ready for the next time I have a problem and need to re install from the start again...
well you can download straight the 10.3... you dont need to instal the 10.0 and 10.1....
and as i said beforeits total inefective...anyone who whant to "hack" something , know how to pass that "fake" protection , that is not one...
I dont think did it that way for that...Or they are even more dumb than i have ever think , but i doubt of that since i think there is a big bunch of total incopetant clueless that work there...

Run the Update_blah_blah that was left on your desktop.
Also, try using QuickSFV with data from this thread to see if any of your files are corrupt -- if so, erase or backup the file and re-run update.

Run the Update_blah_blah that was left on your desktop.
Also, try using QuickSFV with data from this thread to see if any of your files are corrupt -- if so, erase or backup the file and re-run update.

I can update now. God knows why. At 40kbps itll take 5 hours. Ill try that tomorrow. ;O

Back