Does Damage to PEC Matter?

Of course the system tracks how much ammo everyone has in their inventory... How else would it actually be able to exist in your inventory and withdraw a few cells everytime you pull the trigger? That was this week's most unlogic statement.

Maybe i was too sketchy, should have explained it in more detail.

This was the post i replied to:
Becasue I'm sure the system looks at your ammo and says we may or may not give this person a hof /.../

Nothing wrong with being superstitious. Hunter's profession is millions of years old, it's (almost) the oldest profession :D - this ancient heritage is probably buried somewhere deep in our genes..

My logical argument against this particular theory is: software is basically designed as a tool - it has only the functions that are needed for something. Function to analyze each hunters total ammo (50, 100, 200, 500 ped run?) and then calculate the "entry points" where it would award the hunter with a HoF... Sry, that's not very likely.

On one hand, designing such a system is more complicated than it might seem. To make it even worse, you will run a risk that some guy would learn how to manipulate your system. So, on top of the cost of unnecessary programming you would add unnecessary security risk.

On the other hand, what's the use? Why should the system do something like that in the 1st place? There's simple and 100 times more reliable methods to ensure that it's all nicely balanced between fair and unfair: "the guy who spent more gets more" (fair) and "throw in some randomness to make it not too easy to track and predict", (here, in principle, unfair).

ofc the system has record of everyones resources, incl ammo.
  1. Keeping the database record
  2. Analyzing and making automated decisions based on the analysis
2 different things. Thought that goes without saying.. ;)

Hey everyone,

Turns out that Damage to PEC does matter:

"Efficiency Matters - One issue that we have noticed being discussed quite frequently on community forums such as PlanetCalypsoForm.com is the concept of efficiency (sometimes referred to as economy), especially with regard to hunting tools such as ranged and melee weapons. A growing number of participants seem to have adopted an approach based on the theory that “economy does not matter”, a theory apparently based on (faulty) field tests or other experiments. We would like to state here very clearly that avatar skills and efficiency on the tools used do indeed matter a great deal, and have a very significant effect on overall returns in all Entropia Universe professions. Any playtest experiments, theorycrafting or other analysis you may be presented with which indicate or suggest that efficiency does not matter are thus flawed either in their conception, data collection, data analysis or conclusions."

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228372-Developer-Notes-2

Hoh boy, here we go again. Queue five pages of arguing the devpost2 and whether they actually meant weapon eco...

Pssst I think mrproper and a few others were hoping this thread would go away and die after Qwacker's posts. Why'd you have to go and bump it?

Pssst I think mrproper and a few others were hoping this thread would go away and die after Qwacker's posts. Why'd you have to go and bump it?

Interesting to see if you disagree with some people you assume they are religiously attached to their opinion and ignorant of the truth. Just makes you wonder... is this what people actually "get" out of my messages?

Back