Info: Does input correlate with more skill gains?

miseGXr

Old Alpha
Society
AO
amale suomipoika isildur
TLDR; No. DPS FTW.

I was lucky enough to rent the Unique Reaper's Blade and then borrowed the Unique Legend War Axe for this test a while back and finally compiled it.

These two weapons are perfect for this kind of a test since you can get nearly the same DPS out of them with a very different DPP.
As the Reaper cycles ~2160ped/hour and the War Axe does a whopping ~4700ped/hour, some could assume that you are getting 115% more skills with the Axe - but you don't.

index.php

Used only 7 dmg enh slots on both to achieve close the same DPS, but Reaper with MTA3 and the Axe with MTA5.
Buffs were the same on both 10h runs, 10h100% pill, H22+H20 with Easter Egg running all the time.
- 27% reload
- 6% crit
- 32% crit dmg

Old Flesh Ripper's have great HP/lvl but there is not a spawn for them in Carnap's Landing LA and on Alpha's I wouldn't be getting as many kill bonuses with the DPS.
So to have somewhat conclusive data out of these 10h runs and benefits in the BIG Industries Grindhouse event I chose the Old Jacks for their HP/lvl, spawn rate and density.

<10ped gains are marked as orange because I consider them inaccurate - I didn't track skills by the decimal.
Here is the data:

index.php

You can see that the Axe generated roughly 5-10% more skills than the Reaper's Blade in combat category.
For looter skills the gains are more in line with the cycle difference at ~77% but not quite. Take in account that the datapoints marked as orange are inaccurate since start and end skill points weren't tracked by decimal.
No difference in the defensive gains.

Make what you want for it but take the differences into account.

Unique Reaper's Blade
Efficiency: 92.5 %
Damage/PEC: 3.503
Cycle/hr 2160ped (in this test)

Unique Legend War Axe
Efficiency: No
Damage/PEC: 1.390
Cycle/hr 4700ped (in this test)

BR,
amale

Ty for your service I look forward to the discussion 👍

increasing the sum of the levels of the mobs killed, has always lead to more skill gains then increasing the decay

I don't remember when i ran the numbers but i think it was something like 20 million total levels killed to hit 100
while decay was something like .033% return being skills and you needing 140k ped in skills

so you could hit 100 cycling through 50 million ped on a bugged level 0 mob that gave no kill skill bonuses
or hit level 100 killing 350k flesh ripper with a magic weapon with no decay, or 5 million arret if your feeling really spicy

decay +ksb and its more like 300k flesh rippers, or roughly 1.2 mil in without any use of skill increasing , with it it could probably be cut in half to .6 mil or 150k flesh rippers

Last edited:
Reactions: Arm
good test !
I know from space that mobs are only giving a certain amount of defense skillgains before they are 'dry' and you have to kill them.
While using the axe on a wide range of mobs i had the impression that there might be a cap in place for offensive skillgains too, which the axe might hit on smaller mobs - i didnt test this properly though i just went back to old fleshripper where it worked fine.
The axe gives very fast skills but at a cost - it is definately more efficient in the long run to just have more killbonuses from high dps at high dpp.

edit: one slight correction unique legends war axe with trauma 5 amp is 13% efficiency - without it its 0%

Thank you for taking the time to gather and present your data. A couple people were skeptical when I said to just focus on cost efficient DPS for skilling and that dumping PED into increasing decay isnt worth it for more skills. This should help a lot of people looking to skill up with cutting costs down.

Solid work, thank you so much for sharing. It does make sense to me that MA would not give you extra combat skill gain just due to more decay, but tie it to the mob being hunted instead.

The looter skill gains being different from the combat skill gain is also interesting, but that makes more sense to tie to cost to kill than combat skill gains would...

I know from space that mobs are only giving a certain amount of defense skillgains before they are 'dry' and you have to kill them.
From my tests it was 3 minutes for land mobs, did it show the same for space?

TLDR; No. DPS FTW.
Can you also test on a non bonus mob? Like Eomon or Longtooth as well and see what the results are? Interested to see if there's a big difference.

Also Thanks for the test, makes sense.

Nice test, always fun to see different tests. Imo depending of what "theory" people follow it can be seen
in the oposite way too. :D ;)

I've started up a new sheet (again :D) so I can pull out as much info possible from a run. Sadly I'm out of
peds so not much of longer tests atm, but will come... one day. :D

Gun level VS Mob level = Skill gain amounts.
Diffrent mobs have diffrent baseline skill. The more skill, the less avg return you get. Skills cost ped. I bet that there is 1% diffrence in avg loot on fleshripper vs a golem.

Defence skills gains are based on mob level. (This was modified to reduce abuse)

Mobs do got a soft and hardcap in loot return for the kill instance

Same applys for the skill gain If thats the question

Back