Does technique even matter?

Does technique really matter in sweating with flat 20% chance?

• Yes, obviously!

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 34 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berwick

Hatchling
Berwick Zev Smith
Hello there.

I have been lurking about and reading some stuff, and trying things in game. I have come across a technique that seems to work for me so far, but I am concerned about how effective it is, or if how I go about it even matters with a flat 20% chance.

My technique thus far:
Make 1 sweat attempt, then kill.

I have been focusing on youn Daikabas <sp?> so far, and this seems to work somewhat.

I guess to my mind, if I am only going to have a 20% chance no matter what, I want to attempt as many chances between deaths to limit time lost to reviving and recovering health...though healers at revive points and out amongst 'em help considerably.

I tried this technique this morning, and it seemed to help things along. Either I got sweat, or loot, sometimes both, but rarely neither (though that is a distinct possibility, I have to admit).

So,

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Does technique matter that much in sweating?

Thank you for your time,

:tiphat:

Berwick

The technique that matters most is to keep doing it. The more attempts you make until its dry, the more chance you have to get sweat!

Sweating as you hunt gets you the most gain if you are trying to get "more" from a mob, so your technique makes sense. Why stop at one pull though? Sweat until it attacks or sweat until your health drops too low or sweat until its dry. Whatever you have the most patience for - yes, it will get you more sweat than not doing it at all :)

I haven't actually seen any improved looting from doing this, by the way. Just less boring than only sweating.

If i get sweat early from a mob and it doesn't attack me then I will leave it alone and go to the next one. So technique does matter as far as sweat vs time(dying).

If you hunt/sweat low level mobs, walking to the next mob can help ya find things on ground.

It might be a fluke, but i find sometimes that 'using cover', like standing in tree or bush, gives me a few more attempts before being spotted.

The only technique I know is a prayer for Lootius after each success.

Voted "no way".

Stay alive technique seems to work to me. If there is even a way to do so:scratch2:

Try to stay out of mobs imitate aggression range, sweat in a group, or sweat in a quiet area:scratch2:

If someone would know the answer to this question it would be Mega Volt :cool:

My technic is sweat until its dry :laugh:

Even if it is a flat rate of success, technique does matter because it contributes to how much time you waste running about/reviving/healing/everything else vs actual sweating.

The greater the number of attempts you can make per hour, will in general mean a greater quantity of sweat gained per hour. :)

I voted maybe, not because of some combination of sweat attempts and killing or anything. When I am having a hard time getting a successful pull after several tries, the next try I dance while pulling and many times that pull is successful. Probably just coincidence, but it uncanny the number of times it has worked.

I voted yes for the same reason others said, that being time lost after dying, reviving, healing if you're lucky to have a healer there.

I don't think it matters too much when sweating at swamp camp, but at Nea's having a good strategy and getting everyone to do it can go a LONG way. The longer you can stay out there hitting the "8" key, the more chances you can get to pull sweat. Every time you have to revive takes precious time away...

A few tips when sweating at Nea's for those reading that may be curious:

- When you find a dry Ambu, pull the health bar off of it and put it somewhere off the side of the screen. Do this for every dry one you find and you will then have a list of every dry mob in the area.

- If an Ambu starts to attack you, run your cursor over it and see if it lights up any health bars that you've pulled off. If it's dry, run it back to the turret (provided there's no one in the group hunting them). You might lose a little time by doing that, but you'll lose even more by dying, and you'll be clearing out the dry mob for everyone else and yourself when you get back.

- Don't run and get more Ambus until all of them in the area are dry. You can only sweat one at a time. There's no sense in having more Ambus around attacking people if there's still one that's giving out sweat.

- When you need to find a new Ambu to sweat, run to the closest one, but try to stay near the turret's range if you can. It makes it easier to cycle through the dry ones as most sweaters don't have the agility to out run an Ambu. If they are getting hit as they run back to the turret, they wont make it very far. Another reason for this is for people just arriving to Nea's. It makes it easier to find the large group. Nea's only works because of the large number of sweaters. The more people in the group the better

- This one is more for when there's hunters in the group. Don't run between the hunter and the mob they are shooting. It just pisses them off and costs them money. They could go hunt Ambus somewhere else, but by shooting the dry ones, they're also doing the sweaters a favor. Don't make it harder for them...

Just a few tips... there's probably a few more, but I think these are some of the most helpful

I think the best thing for a sweater to do is get to Neas, Swamp Camp is a good place to learn the ways to get a good sweater but it will only take you a short while.

Once you know how to sweat get to Neas as soon as possible, the bigger mobs and bigger sweat groups give you maximum time to sweat befor you die. If there is a big group you can stay alive to dry out 2-5 Ambus befor its youre time to die.

Neas have it all for the proffessional sweaters, you have the safty in numbers allmost crouded 24hrs a day. Almost one or more healers there at any given time, close to revive, and the dry mobs often get killed by some midlevel player there.

So no technique needed in my opinion, you just need Big groups, big mobs, good healers, good dry killers, and alot of time. Neas can give you all that, if you have the time.

Yes there is a technique:

As many attempts in as little time compiled with as little death as possible, topped off with focus, and good manners , makes for the perfect sweating approcach.

I voted Yes as there are several things that can be done to improve the amount of sweat you get per unit time:
1. Get focus from someone who is skilling - this means you will get more attempts per unit time.
2. Get in a sweating team (2 or 3 people, more if sweating more ferocious mobs) and sweat mobs giving 2, 3 or more lots of sweat. You will live longer on average in a team.
3. Sweat where there is only 1 mob nearby, decreases the risk of being attacked by several mobs at once.
4. Get a hunter to protect you
5. Get a healer along to heal you
6. Deposit $10 and buy 18k sweat - this is by far the fastest way of getting sweat ;)

I found a technique that is almost guaranteed to help you global....
Deposit..... Then Gamble.... Err I mean "Play"

Oh yes, sweating is 95% technique and 5% luck.

First you have to find that right half crouching stance and dig your
feet in propperly.

Then during the wind-up phase it's paramount to do the chanting in the right order and with propper pronunciation.

To maximize the yeald it's also important not to loose eye contact with
the mob you are sweating.
That is infact the very reason they starts to sweat since all mobs on
Calypso is suffering from ommetaphobia and emediatly starts to
flop sweat due to the following anxiety attack.
This is however a little known fact.

Last but not least, bottle management.
You need to handle the bottles in an effective way and not fiddle around with them too much and spill the sweat.

If you master the above things you'll be a very proficient sweater!

That is infact the very reason they starts to sweat since all mobs on
Calypso is suffering from ommetaphobia and emediatly starts to
flop sweat due to the following anxiety attack.
Hahaha nice! :p

as everyone says, theres lots of technique involved, but your chances will still be 20%.
I'll sweat a mob until it aggros on me, then I'll blast it >:)
I don't get a ton of sweat, I usually get 1-3 tries on a mob before it attacks me so I might only get like an average of 6 sweat a mob (*thinks* 20%.. 1-3 tries per mob...12 average sweat per success...)
But when you're hunting male snables... 6 sweat = 3 pec, and it costs like.... what... 6 pec to kill a snable?

But generally speaking:
Best sweat:
Attempt to avoid/dissipate/heal damage taken (reduce time spent healing/reviving) by:
Sweating in groups
Sweating weak mobs
Sweating 1 mob at a time
Sweating low aggro mobs
Get a healer (swamp camp ftw?)
Chipping evade with your sweat money? *lolz*

Increase your chances of a successful ATTEMPT (not pull)
Getting focus (swamp camp ftw?)
Chipping evade with your sweat money? *lolz* (Focus may be wiser :p)

For best skills:
Sweat weak mobs that will hit you often, but not kill you often
Swunt! (sweat-hunt)

In a nutshell:
The best technique in terms of balance with ease and effectiveness is to head over to swamp camp or neas :p

Back