drill towers

Pretender

Elite
Society
Trigger Happy
Jarod "pretender" Parker
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

found this one in beta/CoT screenies.

i hope that MA will place this back in the next VU (7.6) but what are you people's votes about this?

especially after reading description

oh, and ofcourse it has to be changed a bit, like costing a bit of money...

I bet they wont. Drilltowers existed until some 6.x VU ( I think). They were a nice feature . It was always funny when you just got "you gained experience in xxx"-messages for several seconds after completing a vast. I really miss my towers :(

Zefram said:
They wont. Drilltowers existed until some 6.x VU They were a nice feature . It was always funny when you just got "you gained experience in xxx"-messages for several seconds after completing a vast. I really miss my towers :(

well, they can do it if they for example put it in over 150 ped stuff and then put a tax on it, f.e. 5 %, annd you can also choose to drill it by yourself

both ways MA gets money

Did you have to defend the drill tower?

Pretender said:
well, they can do it if they for example put it in over 150 ped stuff and then put a tax on it, f.e. 5 %, annd you can also choose to drill it by yourself

both ways MA gets money

no no no!

why don't they actually do something properly this time, stop putting goddamn fees everywhere! why are you asking for them to take away 5% of your claim? :eek:

can't they just reimplement them like they were?

gurkha said:
no no no!

why don't they actually do something properly this time, stop putting goddamn fees everywhere! why are you asking for them to take away 5% of your claim? :eek:

can't they just reimplement them like they were?

because we know MA wont do it unless they get something back from it. and it doesnt matter if its higher then 150 ped anyway

Minder said:
Did you have to defend the drill tower?

LOL.

No, it was like a usual claim :D

what does it do (mining, that's obvious - but do u put your bombs in there to be shot down deeper or ... ? Can u drain a whole area or just a short range...) ? and can everyone use it or is it a personal avatar item ?
(yeah never played VU 6.x so) :cool:

psychnosiz said:
what does it do (mining, that's obvious - but do u put your bombs in there to be shot down deeper or ... ? Can u drain a whole area or just a short range...) ? and can everyone use it or is it a personal avatar item ?
(yeah never played VU 6.x so) :cool:

Drilltowers appeared when you hit a vast and printed the claim. The message was like "the resource site is too big...bla bla a drilltower is.." (i dont remember it exactly but I got damn excited when I hit a vast for the first time:))
In the accesspanel (shown in the picture) you could start and stop the tower drilling the site. It automatically stopped after a certain time(certain amount of ore i suppose) and you had to visit it, take out all ores and start it again.
This had to be repeated until the claim was empty. By removing the last ores the tower then vanished and you got endless skillgains more or less depending on the ore you found (my first lyst vast gave me like 200 levels or so :)).

Oh and it was personal...the deed in your inv. looked like a house deed looks nowadays.

Wow.. i like that idea.. Wonder why they took it out? It beats standing there clicking for 6 hours. You set it to drill... shoot stuff etc, then come back later... pretty cool idea.

Suicide

Suicide said:
Wow.. i like that idea.. Wonder why they took it out? It beats standing there clicking for 6 hours. You set it to drill... shoot stuff etc, then come back later... pretty cool idea.

Suicide

Well, now they get decay from tools used. So I doubt they will make a comeback..but you never know.

I did notice there was a "Vehicle Inventory" on the interface. Maybe when/if they introduce vehicles, they'll bring it back.

Az

Azrael said:
Well, now they get decay from tools used. So I doubt they will make a comeback..but you never know.

I did notice there was a "Vehicle Inventory" on the interface. Maybe when/if they introduce vehicles, they'll bring it back.

Az
Yeah, i noticed that as well.. I was curious as to what that meant. But it might as well say Vehicle/tamed animal/santaclaus they are all fictious things in PE...

MA has the great ideas, they just need to keep them secret till they are %100. Judging by that they have been thinking vehicles for quite some time. Just havent been able to put them in yet. Kinda like animal taming. They put all this animal taming skill and whips and what not into the game, then it just kinda blows over.

Anywhoooo back on topic. Yeah, there was prolly no decay on those towers. But its still a cool idea. And i am interested in what the vehicle thing was all about. I still think they will get to vehicles. I just think it will be awhile.

EDIT: Also, they wouldnt get decay of that. But that WOULD free up a few hours to waste ammo, bombs, etc. So the money would still be eaten up.

Suicide

AFIK the reasons i've seen stated in some old posts on EP they where removed because of lag issues. What/how that happened i dont know, propably something to do with the endless skillgain messages. (If that's the case then the new skillsystem actually should make it possible to put them back in with lesser work)

Hansi said:
AFIK the reasons i've seen stated in some old posts on EP they where removed because of lag issues. What/how that happened i dont know, propably something to do with the endless skillgain messages. (If that's the case then the new skillsystem actually should make it possible to put them back in with lesser work)

Yea, that probably was one of the reasons...i´d say 20%, another 20% I think come from the fact they got bugged sometimes after a VU, means if you found a vast-tower before a VU and you couldnt drill it up before VU-day, after the VU your tower could be bugged (inaccessable)...happened to strakkan, me and others too and I also remember a tower from Rei in PVP1 standing there for ages...
The 60% rest is surely the decay the earn now on the excavators :laugh:

Zefram said:
Yea, that probably was one of the reasons...i´d say 20%, another 20% I think come from the fact they got bugged sometimes after a VU, means if you found a vast-tower before a VU and you couldnt drill it up before VU-day, after the VU your tower could be bugged (inaccessable)...happened to strakkan, me and others too and I also remember a tower from Rei in PVP1 standing there for ages...
The 60% rest is surely the decay the earn now on the excavators :laugh:

LOL, yeah. Manny send NooBs to that tower & told there would be the Rig :D

And than it was fun for Pk ing there :p

Good old times :)

When they come back *Dream*

Rasta said:
LOL, yeah. Manny send NooBs to that tower & told there would be the Rig :D

And than it was fun for Pk ing there :p

Good old times :)

When they come back *Dream*

LOL, that's just wrong man (poor noobs ) :D

well, you all say no decay gains and such, but if its like i said, and 5% (this is an EXAMPLE, not a set thing) tax on it, they would gain it back anyway, right?

because thats what they did with the apartments: same idea as beta, only with RENT (dunno if there was rent back then too)

Devil Doll said:
They could just make Drill Towers craftable and decaying. Everybody wins :)

DD
:evilking:

damn you, you always come up with the better ideas once i gave the initial hint :laugh:

Devil Doll said:
They could just make Drill Towers craftable and decaying. Everybody wins :)

DD

Man, thats really a cool idea !!!

Pretender said:
damn you, you always come up with the better ideas once i gave the initial hint :laugh:

What can I say? You inspire me :eureka: :umn:

DD

EDIT: Hopefully someone at MA will see it :eek:

Devil Doll said:
What can I say? You inspire me :eureka: :umn:

DD

]
then i got now to find something else to inspire you

Wow!!!
Nice idea, but to bad is out cuz I wasn't playing PE then :mad: .
But dunno if I really want or just see it, but that "Vehicle Inv." it's what makes me curious :D I'd love to see those in PE, but could be the cause of more lag :silly2:

Back