"Driver" does not meet system requirements

PrinceYumil

Dominant
Farex Valor Lore
I just installed EU but I can't connect to the server. When I clicked to see if my computer met the minimum requirements, it showed that I met all except one:

Driver: Unknown, build 4396 Click for info

Exactly what dirver does this refer to, so I can know which to download from nVidia's site?

Thanks. You mean my graphics driver? I assume I have GE Force 4 series but I'm not sure; where can I see what video card I have?

Thanks, I followed the directions, and my driver is actually:

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

This isn't one of my available choices on NVidia's site. Now what:scratch2:

then you need to look for a driver on the intel website .. :D

You might get problems with that gfx! If I remember somewhat right, EU supports only Nvidia & ATI graphics.
Allthou many have managed to run EU with other gfx. like intel's integrated etc.
There should b atleast 1-2 threads about the issue in this forum. Try search if you run in to trouble.

Okay I went to Intel's website and downloaded the latest driver for my card, but it when it went into setup mode, it said that it can't install the driver on my computer and that I should contact the manufacturer. Well I chatted online with someone from Dell Support and they gave me a link to download a new driver, and it installed successfully. However when I lookd to see if it met EU's minimum requirements, it said the same thing as before, except it was Unknown, build 3762, instead of 4396. When I try to run EU, it logs in for a few seconds but then immediately quits. Maybe this is an unrelated problem? But it seems probable that it's because of my driver. Any ideas?

it's cause you got a crap intel internal gfx card. i guess your playing on a laptop right?

try to do a search on the forum for intel or graphics or such and see if you can find any old threads. that might help

No it's a desktop, I think four years old...it's actually my grandpa's so in two weeks I'll be able to use my computer again, but I was hoping to get back into EU by today :(

I found another thread and posted in it, its right below this one, someone gave some steps to take for someone else who had an intel card, but it didn't work for me...of course i'm horrible with computers as you might have guessed so I'm probably doing something wrong...troulbeshooting isn't easy though.

I did not know that there was still desktops alive today that have on board graphics. Looks like you are going to have to do a bit of cold turkey for a while and wait till you are back at your own computer. :(

Next time remember to take your own Tower and rig it in for them long summer stays

well i dont think your grandpa played much games most modern games dont run on a 4 year internal vidvard.

get an Geforce or ATI card or wait the 2 weeks until you have your own comp back

There are some ways to force EU to work with other than ati / nvidia graphics card using an app called 3danalyzer. Browse this thread for some tips about getting it to run: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43246
Its a nice tool for if you really need to play EU without the supported hardware. If you can, just get a supported card though.
Gl!

Back