Email Warning!!!

Michael "MJ"

Dominant
Society
Assassins INC
Michael MJ Josephs
Hi all,

just got this email from my dad today about an email that is going round that can take all your info from your pc (passwords and everything) so thought i'd best warn all my EU peers about this, heres the email my dad sent me:

VERY IMPORTANT WARNING

Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as
Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and
Norton.
Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point
presentation "Life is beautiful."
If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and
delete it immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on
your screen saying: "It is too late now, your life is no longer
beautiful." Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the
person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and
passwords.
This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.
AOL has already confirmed the severity,
and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus
has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner."

Keep safe guys, would suck for anyone to lose their info on passwords and that especially an EU member.

MJ

p.s. not sure where to put this so i put it in the "off-topic" section. Also did a search for anything like this but found nothing so thought it's better to be safe than sorry so decidied to post it myself. :)

Hmmm, 8 mins, no views. So.......BUMP :)

Please reply to tell me if this virus is already known about and/or an old one (but my dad's email hints at the fact it's very very new).

Just apply a little common sense, wait someone I dont know from an email I dont recognise is sending me a file about life... Hmmm goes into my trash mail as soon as I see it ;)

Just apply a little common sense, wait someone I dont know from an email I dont recognise is sending me a file about life... Hmmm goes into my trash mail as soon as I see it ;)

Exactly....

The following message is a virus, please pay attention:

Hi! It's me, e-lite! I am sending you this new virus I made. Well the budget I had for developing it was kinnda low.. I only had $10 budget for this virus, and it was only enough for a pizza and some coffee. So to make this work could you please perform the folowing steps for me:

1) Go to "My computer"
2) Right click your c:\ partition
3) Click "Format this drive"

Thank you for your cooperation, have a nice day.

(Disclaimer: And to not harm anyone, please do not follow the above steps, it's supposed to be a jole for nerds like myself I guess)

The following message is a virus, please pay attention:

Hi! It's me, e-lite! I am sending you this new virus I made. Well the budget I had for developing it was kinnda low.. I only had $10 budget for this virus, and it was only enough for a pizza and some coffee. So to make this work could you please perform the folowing steps for me:

1) Go to "My computer"
2) Right click your c:\ partition
3) Click "Format this drive"

Thank you for your cooperation, have a nice day.

(Disclaimer: And to not harm anyone, please do not follow the above steps, it's supposed to be a jole for nerds like myself I guess)

Actually in old browsers, you could do this with javascript.

created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner."

rofl :p sounds like one of them cooler nerds ^^

Well followed the link but it says that it can't find the server :(

But thanks for the info anyway (never heard of this site "snopes" before so thanks :p)

I never heard of it either, but checked earlier.. It contains your description and saying it was rumoured over internet since 2002 and that it was a hoax.

Back