Question: Enhanced - is it?

Redfrog

Hunting nekkid since VU 9.0
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Molly 'Red' MacGuire
Unlocked Tier I on a non-SIB weapon and decided to try an Accuracy enhancer in the socket. I checked the figures and found:
Standard: CHA = 6.5/10.0 (=0.65)
Enhanced: CHA = 7.8/12.0 (=0.65)

Tried the enhancer on a maxed (L) weapon and went from 10.0/10.0 to 12.0/12.0 - both of which equate to 1

So how does this enhance my chances of getting a critical hit?
Or am I missing something here?

-both of which equate to 1?

Could you explain this? I don't understand what you mean?
Isn't it the case that on the non-sib weapon you get more cha then you would have without the enhancer?
And on the sib weapon you get even more chance of a ch?

It would depend on how they calculate it.
Im not sure how we could figure out exactly what MA mean when they say 10/10 or 12/12, but my best guess is that 12/12 is better than 10/10 which would make 7.8/12 better than 6.5/10.

I dont think the "/" actually means divided by.

Unlocked Tier I on a non-SIB weapon and decided to try an Accuracy enhancer in the socket. I checked the figures and found:
Standard: CHA = 6.5/10.0 (=0.65)
Enhanced: CHA = 7.8/12.0 (=0.65)

Tried the enhancer on a maxed (L) weapon and went from 10.0/10.0 to 12.0/12.0 - both of which equate to 1

So how does this enhance my chances of getting a critical hit?
Or am I missing something here?

well with the enhancer you have 7,8, without 6,5. So the chance is higher. Don't confuse the /12 as divided by, it more like "you have 7,8 abilty of max possible of 12".

Ok, I've always heard 10.0/10.0 referred to as meaning ten out of ten.

And 7.8 out of ten would be better than 6.5 out of ten, but 7.8 out of twelve is the same ratio/percentage/etc as 6.5 out of 10. Possibly the way it's described is misleading, I don't know, I'm just going on the maths of the supplied figures and the generally accepted meanings of the symbols used.

6.5 and 7.8 mean nothing by themselves, some reference point is needed to give them meaning. Statistically speaking, 6.5 chances out of a possible ten is the same chance as 7.8 chances out of a possible twelve.

Ok, I've always heard 10.0/10.0 referred to as meaning ten out of ten.

And 7.8 out of ten would be better than 6.5 out of ten, but 7.8 out of twelve is the same ratio/percentage/etc as 6.5 out of 10. Possibly the way it's described is misleading, I don't know, I'm just going on the maths of the supplied figures and the generally accepted meanings of the symbols used.

6.5 and 7.8 mean nothing by themselves, some reference point is needed to give them meaning. Statistically speaking, 6.5 chances out of a possible ten is the same chance as 7.8 chances out of a possible twelve.

Well it the same with hit abilty, when you max the weapon you have 10/10, that don't mean you always hit. Maybe every critical hit ability gives 0,4% chance to do a critical hit, so with 10 you have 4 % chance and with 12 you have 4,8% chance. Not realy sure.

Back