Enhancers - Improvements/Modifications - Discussion

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Hi guys,

As some of you may know, Ive been playing around with enhancer manufacturing for some time now and I have several thoughts, and I want to get some feedback what you guys think about it. I would basically like to see these 2 changes:

Change of resource
- weapon range and weapon skill modification (change dianthus to a different - maybe new - resource, at the moment dianthus is used in 4 different enhancer types and with this change dianthus would be left for accuracy and economy, which would make sense) New material would most likely be cheaper which would lead to cheaper weapon range enhancers, and also skill modification enhancers encouraging their use which is now very low due to very high pricing for the benefit you get (I rather use dianthus for accu or eco, than for the other 2 for obvious reasons). I believe with normal % people would start using range and weapon skill mod more often.

Change of effect
- skill modification enhancers (weapon, medical, finder) are rarely used, and I think the main problem is the very low benefit it gives for the markup. Now it is ONLY 1% of increase of your prof lvl. My suggestion would be to double or tripple the effect of these enhancers. Maybe in return increase the consumption of them by 2-3 times to compensate. Just make them worthwhile.

If both changes would be implemented I can see an increase of people using these, which leads to more strategies for hunting, more markup for miners and more variety for crafters.

What do you guys think?

Regards,
True

Yeah I found skill mod enhancers were lacklustre for price (and break rate) vs performance. I don’t know if the resource needs to be changed, last I checked dianthus wasn’t that expensive, but that check was a while ago haha, has it skyrocketed?. These enhancers are pretty niche as it is and I don’t think would see a large uptick even if there was a chance.

Range is same, I don’t think many use it, or why. Maybe it gives you an edge on some PK weapon, but then so would extra damage. The only thing I use range on is my bukin rifle which I only use as a cheap tagger sometimes, or on my gun when I was doing Hiyruu mission on rocktropia, and my mobs flew so high I couldn’t reach them. I don’t think I remember breaking one lol.

Weapon Amps, Mining Amps, Enhancers... game sink them breaking the items, and need new crafts.
some people hoards Pyrite and Output and squeeze the price
Orders rise the price of Metarl residue to levels that make less interesting craft Mining Amps
and produced enhaners are sold for way higher than production cost.
i cant see the arguments you pose as valid.

We just need different drop rates. Enhacnres consumption has increased with bigger weapons,
Remove wave, make pyrite and dianthus as 30% of loot in PVP3 and prices fall to 130% in one day

Weapon Amps, Mining Amps, Enhancers... game sink them breaking the items, and need new crafts.
Orders rise the price of Metarl residue to levels that make less interesting craft Mining Amps

We just need different drop rates. Enhacnres consumption has increased with bigger weapons,
Remove wave, make pyrite and dianthus as 30% of loot in PVP3 and prices fall to 130% in one day
30% would be an overkill but 20ish would be fine i reckon. and ffs remove pyrite from Argus....theres so many reason but the main one is its encouraging more botters than ever....move everything back to lootable pvp and #makepvpgreatagain!

i will never back PVP and RCe. i think pyrite should be worldspread BH but it is personal.
MA has not yet realigned drop rate to the incredible big request from high colume weapns that destroy ton of enh per day

I mean I agree with your comment BUT have no idea how your comment addresses anything to do with my proposed changes.

How does increasing dianthus drop rate change the fact that Accuracy and Economy are different category of effect than weapon skill mod and weapon range. Currently 4 enhancer types where 2 don't have much in common with the other 2 have the same resource. Raising the drop rate might drop dianthus to a reasonable level but still won't change the fact that these enhancers don't have much in common and people would still prefer to make Accu and Eco instead of Weapon skill and Range therefore driving the price up for weapon skill and range.
That would not be any change at all.
Weapon skill and Range should have a resource that goes for about 110-120% max while dianthus could maybe in 150-170% range.

Compare it to Durability and Defence where both have different resource and different % based on its usage.

Modification of parameter for Weapon skill mod:
Let's assume someone is level 50
Each tier of weapon skill mod increases 0.5 lvls so with Tier 10 you would have lvl 55. Are 5 levels really that much that people would want to use it? What would be negative if it was 10 levels instead? People would be able to max higher weapons faster so they can turn over faster(if they want). This means another resource that has some MU, and another enhancer people could craft.

---------------------------------------------------

I'd like a really good argument how these 2 changes that I propose would have any negative effect on the game.

Does anyone think that with no sales on medical/mining skill enhancers and very few of weapon skill mod the system is working perfectly or we should look at the possibilities of how we could make it better?

Im just looking for ways for more variety and usage for everyone. I don't believe it's good the way it is now.

I agree.

I had noticed that both Accu and Eco were using Dianthus, but I actually didn't know Range and Skill Mod did as well. That is dumb imho. The perceived value of those Enhancers is way less, and to have them all tied to the same expensive EnMatter is stupid.

Regarding Skill Mod Enahcners, they may need to change the way it currently works so that instead of a percent boost to your prof level, it is a flat amount, no matter what your level is. So that way it's more interesting to use at the lower levels too. Right now it seems it might only be interesting to use at the higher levels, but all the higher level hunters use UL weapons, so doesn't make much sense to use.

Regarding Skill Mod Enahcners, they may need to change the way it currently works so that instead of a percent boost to your prof level, it is a flat amount, no matter what your level is. So that way it's more interesting to use at the lower levels too. Right now it seems it might only be interesting to use at the higher levels, but all the higher level hunters use UL weapons, so doesn't make much sense to use.
remember that after SIB it is useless because you mastered the tool
and with loot 2.0 rules the most important thing is NOT MISSING because it is lost money so a strip of accuracy is way more useful than skill boost.
range seems totally useless to me. if you risk a swarm there are 161 meter (S4) taggers that are well beyond the aggro of everything i met
i would alter to "skill exp boost" one and "critical chance" stacking to items the range... dianthus would be totally acceptable for the effect

remember that after SIB it is useless because you mastered the tool
and with loot 2.0 rules the most important thing is NOT MISSING because it is lost money so a strip of accuracy is way more useful than skill boost.
range seems totally useless to me. if you risk a swarm there are 161 meter (S4) taggers that are well beyond the aggro of everything i met
i would alter to "skill exp boost" one and "critical chance" stacking to items the range... dianthus would be totally acceptable for the effect
From this post we can deduct the following (based on your observation):
1. Accuracy is more useful than Skill boost. - We agree here
2. Range is useless (Compared to Accuracy or Economy) - We agree here

Soooo, basically you are pointing out the same thing as me, yet you wouldnt change a thing and have no valid arguments :scratch2:
How do I not have valid arguments? Id really like a good explanation of how my solutions would negatively effect the game in any way.

We can see that with the way it is, these enhancers are basically useless(because they are too expensive).
I am trying to propose a solution based on my experience.

MY argument is that theose enhancers are DEAD MEAT and need to be extinced or revamped
being this a MA decision i just apologize for you being not able to craft with Lysterium or Zorn star those
anyway as a personal opinion i would never use them even if were priced at 105%
from tehse starting point altering formula is useless, need to "rethink" those

MY argument is that theose enhancers are DEAD MEAT and need to be extinced or revamped
being this a MA decision i just apologize for you being not able to craft with Lysterium or Zorn star those
anyway as a personal opinion i would never use them even if were priced at 105%
from tehse starting point altering formula is useless, need to "rethink" those
Why the need to write something like this?
"i just apologize for you being not able to craft with Lysterium or Zorn star those"
Just because I craft enhancers doesnt mean its just a benefit for me. I could care less if people use these or others instead. I craft them all :)
I am just looking for ways to increase potential use and strategies people could use because the way it is now is not good enough.

And these enhancers are not completely dead, people do buy some weapon skill mods, and also range from time to time. Im 100% certain that with the modifications I propose the use would increase 3-4x which would be more than enough and would be positive for the game.

Just because you dont use them, doesnt mean others dont. (Many dont use them because of the price, not because of what they do).
Also if skill mod enhancers would give 20% instead of 10% id happily use them for medical tools. Adding 4-5 levels would make a BIG difference in their use for many players. Same could be said for weapons. Maxing a weapon sooner with mod skills and with lower markup? Im positive people would use it. There are people buying for 500% from my shop, so you think they wouldnt if it was 200-250%?

The idea behind these enhancers is not bad at all, they just didnt hit the parameters/resources on the first try.

@ TJ: we talk different languages. (i got probably almost fullset of those items never clicked or used one)
even in case you could use "nanocubes" (lyst and zorn are TT food that is the example) no one should (math wise) use those items

I AGREE insttead that a revamping is needed, and that altering the effect can make them also better than other items.

my final point (and i assure i dont want to start any personal flame, is that "as is" those are to be avoided because are non efficient and this game is based on "best available setup" rule.

Back