Entropia Universe 15.8.5 Release Notes

Alot of red cross icons (Clearing cache do not solve them).

Anyone found a workaround for the F***D up icons? Seems like clearing shader is not working for at least half the community.

Change shading quality, change it back, close storage, reopen storage, wait for s**t to reload. Repeat 2 or 3 times.

(People elsewhere suggest changing resolution but for me tinkering with shading quality was enough to get rid of red crosses and semivisible icons.)

The background of blazer / nova / mind essence in the inventory looks like the old tv-not-tuned-to-a-channel-snowy-effect.

This is with clearing shaders, changing graphics quality from to low and back to very high again.

Don't know what they did to the background of those items.

tyvm changing to very high shadows quality fixed it for me as well.

With High settings everything looks normal, but my Video-Card can't handle it during gameplay so it's good to clean inventory and only have like 6 items in weapons section.

For some reason, stackables shown correct, but Imp-Hedoc all of a sudden takes only half of the space and Hotfoot 30 also needs half of the place. Neurostim-A and other pills look like a missing puzzle piece though.

Welding wire looks like red cross. When zooming in on mob on very long distance, the mob hitbox is shown, but the mob itself is invisible.

Also the landscape sometimes change from yellow to red when moving fast from left to right and sometimes even disappear totally. for a second or two.

So playing in Low settings is possible, but with many video bugs in inventory and landscape. Playable, but not as much fun as it used to be.

Anisotropic Filtering as a option? Nice, but i forced the game to do it with the GPU drivers, since a few years :D
How about to fix the Launcher crashes ?
Makes more sense to me. I dont think any new player which has the same bug, whould play the game if it not install it self correctly....

This Options i still miss longer:

Distance load of object Detail

Visible grass range

Turn on/off Tesselation

Turn on/off Texture smoothing

Range of detailed Shadows

Texture Detail: Ultra

Make a retexturing for old ground textures please. Some look so lousy combined with newer ones which are 1024x1024 or 2046x2046.

Last edited:
I was able to fix the item graphics by changing my graphics Settings (to high and back to low), but changing them some more (individual Settings) RE-BROKE the items. very annoying

but I'd rather have the typos in the game fixed than any work on graphics done, generally speaking...

That is how MA have army of graphics teams.
Various icons, items were crated at different time with different programs under different engine like brio, cry2 etc and then somehow imported in actual game.
Some items and icons simply don't have right textures, colors on low settings and some other were not designed for high settings.
Same with bug fixes this things waiting for polishing already long time.

Last edited:
I was able to fix the grafics problem in inventory too I think.

1. Choose Low Settings. (If you play Medium, choose Medium)
2. Go to Advanced Tab
3. Choose Advanced Resolution Mode (activate box)
4. Set "Shading Quality" to High.
5. Apply/Save

After doing this, I was also able to change Shadow Quality to "Low" again and all items in inventory went back to normal. Only problem left was Armor Defence Enhancers take more space now than before. So something is sort of not right still and needs a fix I think. Also Neuro-A pills have some grafic bug still, looks like it misses a "puzzle" piece.

Cant confirm with higher resolution though, maybe someone want to try?

MM

Hi,

today i installed the big patch, logged in, and all items were red X'es then i remembered about the 1st post here:

Graphical Changes

Known Issues
  • Before launching Entropia Universe, make sure to clear the shader cache. This option can be found in the Tools menu in the Client Loader.

Originally Posted Here

i logged off, cleared the shader cache, logged in, now all is fine, i hope this helps.

b.t.w. I really hoped with this patch they would get rid of that weird bright horizon on calypso since the last big graphical update some years ago (was already cryengine 2 back then), it really kills the immersion for me or can anyone physically explain it?

Last edited:
b.t.w. I really hoped with this patch they would get rid of that weird bright horizon on calypso since the last big graphical update some years ago (was already cryengine 2 back then), it really kills the immersion for me or can anyone physically explain it?

Have you made support case?
Also, I would not add arrows on my screenshots. It's confusing, makes the whole thing look like a stupid photosop joke.

Reducing the shading quality to medium fixed most of the issues for me.
Nearly all items now take up the same space in inventory as they did before. All weapon and dmg enh use one square instead of four, and I got rid of the hideous glow on enh comps.
Most other settings can be set to high.

Using a repair RK-5 tool I'm getting a notification icon of UA use!!!! instead of welding wire.
Checked constantly in my inventory and thank God is only an icon bug and I'm not real use UA!

Please add this in the "to be fixed" list.

update: next session appear correct indication! So maybe that caused by lag?

Last edited:
I don't think the item graphics will EVER work again flawlessly. with enough fiddling back and forth I randomly fixed the ones in my inventory... then I open my storage AAAARGHHHHH

plus the old graphics were 700 billion times nicer. this change is a prime example of developer fuckup. something unneeded nobody asked for that makes everything worse! :mad:

something that has driven me away from playing certain other games! (not that would be possible with EU, but still...)

Reinstalled windows 10 (for another reason) and and installed EU, all icons are there but they still look terrible. Good news however is that most other graphics looks better and are performing well.

Some type of graphics issue happening

Since last release I have been having an issue with dropped frames when I have item info windows open.

I usually run around 40+ fps with everything set on highest setting with my system. My two graphics cards run around 80%/25% on SLI card configuration but when I open an info window it drops to 60%/20% with 10-15 fps until I close the window then it goes back to normal.

Anyone else seeing this sort of problem?

Back